Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
illegal not? or hids

HIDs illegal or not?
Once and for I want some clarity as to the legality of HIDs.

Am I correct in thinking that even if you convert your unit into a projector unit and then install HIDs it's still illegal? I read somewhere that they need to be e marked for approval.

That means that technically we can't have legal HIDs in the UK as they don't make Astra projector lights except for the ones on eBay and I don't think they're e marked
Legality and chance are very different.

Technically illegal if retrofitted without self balancers & washers IIRC.

I'd say in the last 5 years I've had them fitted for 4 of those years and never been pulled over, gone through MOTS etc. So many cars these days have ridiculously bright white lights they'd never know the difference as long as you don't get blue, stick to 6000k or below.
HIDs are not to be fitted to halogen lamps.

You can fit aftermarket e-marked units.

You don't need self levellers manual are fine also you don't need headlamp washers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Go on the gov.uk website as there's a document that explains all... sorry can't find a link off my phone

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=223

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
So does that mean that the lights that @Tucpal had are illegal?

Are there any projector units that e marked and deemed legal?
I have these on watch on eBay. Says fully e marked and road legal, rhd cars.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/400984271720

They will be as good ad the ones I made
Cheers guys, I just sent the seller a message asking if he can fit angel eyes to them, it's something I've always wanted haha