Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
foam snow

Snow Foam
Just wondering what you all are using. Ive never done it before, and have a shitty old pressure washer which i don't know what connector i need to buy a separate lance fr so Ive ordered this - http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/pa...420391.htm

This is all i need right and will do the job? Or should I order a normal archer pressure washer and but the autobrite foam lance separate?? - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Snow-Foam-Lance.../dp/B00GU1YYA0
i have the autobrite, lovve it but it needs a rebuild as its clogged up, not bad as its 5 years old.

should be easy to rebuild
I got a Karcher but ran out of the solution. Currently using Demon Shine snow foam but in the Karcher lance.
i always buy some ph nutrel stuff off ebay, this time it was pink last year i bought green stuff lol
(24:th-Jan-2016, 19:30:28)WhelanUK Wrote: I got a Karcher but ran out of the solution. Currently using Demon Shine snow foam but in the Karcher lance.

is the the one that came with the set mate? and is it good?
i had karcher one, cant change the flow or spray and its quite small but usable
(24:th-Jan-2016, 20:35:34)mrtc Wrote: i had karcher one, cant change the flow or spray and its quite small but usable

so theres no + or - on the foam bottle that comes in the box mate is there? Think I might be better off buying a cheaper pressure washer then and just  get the autobrite one as thats adjustable.
actually i cant remember, now im thinking there might be, tbh the karcher will do the job its just a small bottle, its good tho, u could alwayss look at fitting a bigger bottle to it
I've got a karcher and you can adjust it, even got a cool gadget for doing under the car.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/K%C3%A4rcher-264...B006ZLET9Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(24:th-Jan-2016, 21:49:36)Rusty2009 Wrote: I've got a karcher and you can adjust it, even got a cool gadget for doing under the car.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/K%C3%A4rcher-264...B006ZLET9Q

the karcher k2 mate? and are you using the foam lance that it came with?

wow that under the car one looks sweet!!
Not sure what model of karcher I got I know it was around £400, I got the foam lance from another company tho.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(24:th-Jan-2016, 22:00:13)Rusty2009 Wrote: Not sure what model of karcher I got I know it was around £400, I got the foam lance from another company tho.

oh ok so its not the karcher one then lol.
Think you're best off getting autoroute foam Lance as makes good foam... my pressure wash was less than half the price of that Karcher... look at Nilfisk.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
(24:th-Jan-2016, 22:06:18)Kris Wrote:
(24:th-Jan-2016, 22:00:13)Rusty2009 Wrote: Not sure what model of karcher I got I know it was around £400, I got the foam lance from another company tho.

It's a karcher lance as far as I know mate
http://www.juicydetailing.co.uk/washing-...e-119.html

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(24:th-Jan-2016, 22:11:29)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(24:th-Jan-2016, 22:06:18)Kris Wrote:

It's a karcher lance as far as I know mate
http://www.juicydetailing.co.uk/washing-...e-119.html

no mate i meant the one that comes in the box with the karcher. loads of companies make their own and just provide different connections then
right so my autobrite turned up today and i bought a karcher k4 off amazon which is coming tomorrow. whats the best stuff i need to make the foam? what do you all use?

cheers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25-LITRE-SUPER...SwpDdVGDXe

This seems good for 25 litres for £30 but I want some good stuff that actually cleans not just looks foamy
Anything ph neutral and with wax is a winner in my book. I just shove it on. Let it gel then after 10, i then pressure wash the whole car, i snow foam car again then i wash it using the 2 bucket method ( one soap one clear hot water). I then wash. Door shut lines, wheels etc.

Then i rinse car off not with the pressure on. And dry with microfibre. Then i use autoglym wax.

Thats what i do. Its probily all wrong but when i was selling a 6 year old red c2 vts i parked nest to a 4 year old c2. That was pink and flat. My c2 looked almost brand new.
(26:th-Jan-2016, 23:12:19)mrtc Wrote: Anything ph neutral and with wax is a winner in my book. I just shove it on. Let it gel then after 10, i then pressure wash the whole car, i snow foam car again then i wash it using the 2 bucket method ( one soap one clear hot water). I then wash. Door shut lines, wheels etc.

Then i rinse car off not with the pressure on. And dry with microfibre. Then i use autoglym wax.

Thats what i do. Its probily all wrong but when i was selling a 6 year old red c2 vts i parked nest to a 4 year old c2. That was pink and flat. My c2 looked almost brand new.

Lol cheers mate. I've just been paying the polish a £5er a time to do mine lol never been into washing cars etc but wanna start getting into it. So you still wash the car with a sponge and all that then after foam? I thought you can just foam it, leave it, then pressure wash it off and it's clean lol.
I still wash it but i would never use a sponge. Use a microfibre wash mit
Personally I never use pressure for final rinse, just open ended hose, turned right down, the water sheets off, then takes alot less to dry it
I use a Karcher, with snow foam lance and pro-kleen snow foam, seems to work well, I did try one of the demon snow products, onto the end of a hose pipe...............was total rubbish, hardly produced any foam at all
Anyone used the karcher k2??

@Kris what's the k4 like mate?
(9:th-Feb-2016, 12:01:55)Nemo Wrote: Anyone used the karcher k2??

I use the K2, which works well, apart from not having a trolley or wheels, so it can be a pain having to cart it around !
(9:th-Feb-2016, 12:07:09)andy2174 Wrote:
(9:th-Feb-2016, 12:01:55)Nemo Wrote: Anyone used the karcher k2??

I use the K2, which works well, apart from not having a trolley or wheels, so it can be a pain having to cart it around !

Is the K2 powerful enough? The new one comes with wheels so that's handy I guess. I've got a white car so I'm plagued with visible black tar. Will it budge the tar?
Hi mate it's good. It's the best pressure washer I've remover had anyway but that's me changing from a lidl one lol but my parents have the k2 compact and don't really notice any difference.

I bought some prokleen foam and use it with the karcher foam bottle and it cleans the car great. I'll take some pics next clean and put it in my thread.

For not I'm not going to bother with the autobrite lancer but I have ordered a bottle of the magifoam to see how that goes ?
So similar pressure power then I guess? I'll get it and see! So long as it budges the black tar then I'm happy! @kris
(10:th-Feb-2016, 09:34:26)Nemo Wrote: So similar pressure power then I guess? I'll get it and see! So long as it budges the black tar then I'm happy! @kris

I still think it will struggle to remove tar though 

You need something like this http://www.autoglym.com/products/product...ar-remover
(10:th-Feb-2016, 09:45:14)andy2174 Wrote:
(10:th-Feb-2016, 09:34:26)Nemo Wrote: So similar pressure power then I guess? I'll get it and see! So long as it budges the black tar then I'm happy! @kris

I still think it will struggle to remove tar though 

You need something like this http://www.autoglym.com/products/product...ar-remover

Yep need a bug & tar remover.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I'll buy one when I haggle Halfords down to Tesco's price
Yes it won't remove tar mate it's just like a pre wash. I then scrub the car with a brush and microfibre and then I clay it and then if I can be bothered polish and wax it etc but if you just wanted a quick easy car wash then just foam it up let it soak for 5-10 mins wash it off and it will be pretty clean. Dry it off so you get no streaks and job done. Saves going to the polish for a fiver a time
I have a Nilfisk pressure washer & I have not found a better cleaning foam than Bilt Hamber Auto Foam
Avid car detailer