Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
confused

confused
when looking at 2013 onwards astra elite, im getting abtit confused with some of the ads, some say 160bhp some say165, are they the same spec or did the spec change at some point
Some engines have an extra 5bhp but as for the reason behind it I have no idea
so you could get either engin at the same time?
I think I'm wrong but my understanding was the 160 was non stop/start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that makes sence
160 no stop/start 165 stop/start as Tonto said.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
does the start stop run off starter motor, which one would your reccomend
It has an updated starter motor and different glow plugs.

I'd recommend the stop/start with 17" wheels then you pay £30 road tax, then just fit bigger alloys.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
thanks
the start stop does seem to have a mind of its own
sometimes it works others it does not
not that i have my car in eco alot
so if the cars not in eco, s/s doesnt work
yes it has to be in ECO mode
cheers,
(20:th-Jan-2016, 21:09:27)tucpal Wrote: the start stop does seem to have a mind of its own
sometimes it works others it does not
not that i have my car in eco alot

Many different factors at play mate, that why a complex system.

Push the Eco button turns it off but you have to do that every time.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
it is a very over complicated system for sure
it started working the other day shock i said i have not seen that come on for weeks ha ha
(20:th-Jan-2016, 20:56:01)Rusty2009 Wrote: It has an updated starter motor and different glow plugs.

I'd recommend the stop/start with 17" wheels then you pay £30 road tax, then just fit bigger alloys.

I always wondered why I get slapped with the £110 road tax when it's the same engine... Is it the wheels? I'm on 19s
(20:th-Jan-2016, 23:02:57)Nemo Wrote:
(20:th-Jan-2016, 20:56:01)Rusty2009 Wrote: It has an updated starter motor and different glow plugs.

I always wondered why I get slapped with the £110 road tax when it's the same engine... Is it the wheels? I'm on 19s

No I'm on 17s and I pay £110 a year, I just assumed it was because it isn't stop start...

17" with stop/start is £30 if you have 18-19" it goes up to £110

No stop/start is £110 and most likely goes up if you have bigger wheels.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
That's just stupid, charging nearly 4 times more for bigger wheels
They can't make you pay more tax by adding bigger wheels once you have car right? Just insurance?

Not as far as I know mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ill be looking for a elite stop start on 17.s then will get the car to a spec i want.