Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
old i be lol must getting

i must be getting old lol
when i first passed my test around 2002, my car was all about pretending it was quick lol, it was a 850cc seat marbella, hand painted black hamerite with black/white chequred roof, regretfully i dont have pictures before it got scrapped lol, since then ive had cars that ive modded, polo, ka, streetka cabrio and then a citroen c2 vts that was nice and low with cams, modified head, exhaust, lsd diff etc, after that i bought a fiat bravo that i didnt touch as it went back as it was trash and thy wouldnt/couldnt fix it lol, after that i had a smart fortwo cabrio which didnt get touched, for health reasons ive been off the road for a year but soon to be getting licence back due to health improving.

anyway with all my previous cars ive wanted low suspension, loud stereo and a nice lil burble from exhaust but now im looking for another car im finding myself looking at sensible cars like the astra,   

has this happened to anyone else, onse we push 30 am i now going boring lol

i will do tasteful mods, oem + in a way
Haha I'm 29 in April so I have just over a year left to go crazy nah I think times change (or we are getting old) and I'm looking at things like heated seats, heated steering wheel, new headunit (with Bluetooth and nav) but nothing loud and bright lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha I'm 32 this year. Never wanted a car that is too low (I like looking but just think it's not practicable).

Loud stereo systems WTF it's a car not a mobile disco why do I want to hear what the car next me or 1/2 mile down the road is listening too and I don't want to feel the bass. I'm all for playing music loud on the motorway but road town is a big NO NO respect other people and where they live.

But then we are all different.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Yeah it's defo the times mate! I'm only 25 and was 23 when I got my car... I could have gotten a second hand 2 litre of VXR but instead I went for a brand new 1.7 as fuel economy looked good and I was thinking about the lifetime warranty etc etc. Haha. Just wanted something I could rely on and that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg to repair and keep

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I'm 22 going 23 in a couple of weeks and I'm all about that bass I joke of course but it's still an awesome car to have is the J. I like it so much so that l had one that got written off and bought another!
i sold all my subs etc so ill just be buying a cheap and chearful active sub, i just want a quiet life these days, omg i am boring lol
Ha I'm 36... had the car since new 3 years ago...

Getting older means I can afford to mod quicker lol

Lowered, custom wheels, factory fitted sub lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
I'm doing this getting older thing wrong. I have less money...

(20:th-Jan-2016, 19:30:39)Tonto Wrote: I'm doing this getting older thing wrong. I have less money...

Yeah me too! I earn more than ever but have less money than ever! Hahaha

i own a grp canal cruiser so im definatly broke
(20:th-Jan-2016, 19:49:12)mrtc Wrote: i own a grp canal cruiser so im definatly broke
Is that a canal boat?

(20:th-Jan-2016, 19:50:47)sheppy1 Wrote:
(20:th-Jan-2016, 19:49:12)mrtc Wrote: i own a grp canal cruiser so im definatly broke
Is that a canal boat?

kind of, its a canal/river boat 1987 atlanta 24 ft

http://www.apolloduck.co.uk/feature.phtml?id=443566
I see you a boat and raise you by having two kids... I win!

Using Tapatalk
(20:th-Jan-2016, 19:55:44)J1ODYA Wrote:

I have holidays, a wedding and a house to buy! Do I come in the top 5 or am I preaching to the choir? Haha

I have an 8month old hence I just get by. I work for a charity so not great money, well just over nat min...

(20:th-Jan-2016, 19:56:41)sheppy1 Wrote:
(20:th-Jan-2016, 19:55:44)J1ODYA Wrote:

I have holidays, a wedding and a house to buy! Do I come in the top 5 or am I preaching to the choir? Haha

You sound bloody rich lol, I've done the holidays and wedding, just rent the house though. But a child will level you lol.

Ha nice try people... 2 kids (8 & 11), an expensive ex, house, and last holiday was a fortnight in Bali wedding to come

Using Tapatalk
i got married in december, reception cost 13.57 for my guests drinks lol
(20:th-Jan-2016, 20:05:37)mrtc Wrote: i got married in december, reception cost 13.57 for my guests drinks lol
Bloody hell! Ours us £13,000!!!

(20:th-Jan-2016, 20:03:39)J1ODYA Wrote: Ha nice try people... 2 kids (8 & 11), an expensive ex, house, and last holiday was a fortnight in Bali wedding to come

Hmmmm you win this round!! Haha

i had 20k for my wedding then thought sod it, 10k boat, 10k car
(20:th-Jan-2016, 20:11:39)mrtc Wrote: i had 20k for my wedding then thought sod it, 10k boat, 10k car
I like your style!

Im 34, and apart from a nova SR with a novadose bodykit when I was 17 ive never been into huge modding, always just bigger wheels, dropped, and upgrade the sounds mainly,
am i right in thinking were mostly around the 30 mark
I'd guess so, 28 nearly 29 here.

Looking that way, wonder whos the oldest n youngest member and what ages??
i am most likey the oldest ha ha at 43
I'm probably one of the youngest at 22

Nearly double my age there @Tucpal haha
(20:th-Jan-2016, 22:30:31)tucpal Wrote: i am most likey the oldest ha ha at 43
Hence you have the Grandad car lol

Using Tapatalk
(21:st-Jan-2016, 06:53:27)J1ODYA Wrote:
(20:th-Jan-2016, 22:30:31)tucpal Wrote: i am most likey the oldest ha ha at 43
Hence you have the Grandad car lol

Quite like grey astra lol. Im looking for a white Or red or silver or grey Astra
The only mods I've every really does is retro fit. Used to have an old mk2 astra the I'd retro fitted pretty much every original extra it could have had. Never really been one for loud none standard exhaust or lowered to much.
Almost lowered every car I owned until my 25th birthday. Simply removed front springs and sometimes the rubber too... rear we cut 3-4 laps on springs... Todays youth do the same, atleast many of them. Car was Volvo 200-series or 700-series. Complete waste of time, money and effort when I look back but it was fun.

Astra I will lower 40mm for no good reason at all.. still stupid, I guess.. pherhaps it will be a good snow plow.

Other than that I have not acomplished anything at all in my life, I am abit of a lone wolf so no kids and few friends, dont care so much. Or do I... 30 years old.

Am I the only one who think monday is a great relief? =)
Never really been into cosmetically altering the appearance of my cars, other than maybe changing the alloys, I tend to only buy a car that looks ok to me in standard form, if it were ugly to me, I wouldnt buy it in the first place

Its always been about enhancing the driving experience to me, usually starting with a bit more go, then improving its handling and finally its stopping ability

However, as I have got older, I am not really that bothered about outright acceleration or top speed, as most modern cars can exceed the speed limit so quickly and covering over 30K per annum to and from work I cannot afford to lose my licence

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Cozzer1990 (13:th-Mar-2024, 18:34:26)