Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
snow

Snow
How you all coping with the snow then? It's bad here and I got stuck up a country lane and people in land rovers had to help me lol

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

None in Ipswich or London

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Awwww no :( and I think it's a lot worse near my office and where @nemo lives!

Not using studded tyres in Britain?
Its just started coming down again in Derby. Im lucky im on holiday today else id ave been driving up the M1 in it at 5am this morning.

This was my view last night.... looks set to be the same tonight

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
We had it the past 2 days but nothing more, melting away now though think next year going to invest in some snow tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it's pretty bad at mine, haven't got any pics as I'm on a late at work, but it's started snowing again
None here but can't believe you got the car stuck in that tiny bit of snow.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hahaha it was just pure ice under the snow so every time I put my foot down even lightly it just tilted to the side... And there was a ditch either side of me too. Even the land rovers were sliding down the hill

Mate you're letting the side down. You can't be getting stuck, especially on that dusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha should have covered the forum name up eh so we don't look bad

You're just a bad driver @sheppy1 let's face it
A 1ltr corsa with 4 passengers could get up that hill

Hahahaha I fear I set myself up for a fall with this thread!

Did you get your missus to give you a push lol

Yeah but she was hopeless! Haha

(18:th-Jan-2016, 00:04:49)sheppy1 Wrote: Hahahaha I fear I set myself up for a fall with this thread!

I think you have my friend I live on a steeper hill that that speed bump of a hill and I managed just fine haha
Poor @sheppy1

Did you even try a higher gear?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I did indeed @Rusty2009... Second was no better and it kept stalling I'm 3rd lol

You'll have to grab a bag of ballast and keep it in the boot to chuck under / in-front the wheels for some grip lol.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Haha not good eh! The land rover people had grit which we chucked down in front of the wheels and that worked. Funny thing is I had my Peugeot 206 for about 4 years or so and never got stuck in the snow once! Always had top control too. Even once when I woke up and the snow was half way up the wheels!

we didn't get any snow - we are in a pocket that it seems to miss - but just under a mile away got quite a bit!
Astra J BiTurbo
(18:th-Jan-2016, 08:36:36)Rusty2009 Wrote: Poor @sheppy1

Did you even try a higher gear?

Did he even turn the engine on thats what i want to know lol
I've found a way @sheppy1 can get around in the snow

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Nah, he'd still struggle!

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk