Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
dealer a can trip computer? activate

Can a dealer activate trip computer?
So my old man had his new car today - Astra 1.6vvt limited edition. Its got full leather heated seats and thats about the only thing it has got lol...

There is No - 
Trip computer
Auto Lights
Auto wipers
Dimming rear view mirror
Shark Fin ariel

Just wondering if the dealer can at least put the trip computer on for him (even if it costs) 

Its his own fault as he bought it without even seeing it, it was all over the phone lol. Picked it up today and he likes it just didn't realise it would be as basic as it is. 

Also out of the list above are they easy retro fits? I'd like to help him out where I can lol.
Hmmmm depends on the dealer tbh! But there's a guy called *****... You can find him on FB and he will do it for £15 and he's based in Bradford, he activated for me.

Dimming rear mirror is easy to add and costs about £60 or so. Shark fin Ariel you can add an aftermarket one but it will affect reception on your radio or you can go all out and retrofit but you'll be spending hundreds as you'll need to replace the rear windscreen as the original genuine shark fin is for show and the Ariel is built into the rear wind screen.

Rest I'm not sure about

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Also imagine his car without leather seats and without vx line stuff... That was mine when I got it hahaha

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(13:th-Jan-2016, 20:39:14)sheppy1 Wrote: Hmmmm depends on the dealer tbh! But there's a guy called *****... You can find him on FB and he will do it for £15 and he's based in Bradford, he activated for me.

Dimming rear mirror is easy to add and costs about £60 or so. Shark fin Ariel you can add an aftermarket one but it will affect reception on your radio or you can go all out and retrofit but you'll be spending hundreds as you'll need to replace the rear windscreen as the original genuine shark fin is for show and the Ariel is built into the rear wind screen.

Rest I'm not sure about

Also imagine his car without leather seats and without vx line stuff... That was mine when I got it hahaha

Cheers mate. yea i went to ***** for my led conversion on my H vxr. 6 hours away from me though so not really worth it just for the trip computer. 

I know with the auto lights/wipers the front windscreen has to be replaced, so thats probably not gonna get done or the shark fin. But I'll get him the dimming mirror, some alloy door pins, alloy pedals and heko wind deflectors. 

Also in his car you know like around the cd player and the air vents, its like a gold colour instead of the silver or piano black. Its quite nice. Its got he 19" wheels which sets it off. But he's still moaning. i told him his own fault for not looking lol.

Cant imagine a basic car like that mate, i'd never spend money on a basic as id always be wanting more lol.
I didn't know better at the time haha, I'm almost at elite spec now minus one or two odd jobs

Sounds good to me mate and at least he has the VX line pack and the nice alloys! Does he have the same trip computer/cluster as you do or does he have a small screen?

Hmmmm...I dunno if i've seen that one mate! Got any photos? Mine was a weird off silver/metallic beige but I swapped all the interior trim over to that off an elite

(13:th-Jan-2016, 21:34:32)sheppy1 Wrote: I didn't know better at the time haha, I'm almost at elite spec now minus one or two odd jobs

Sounds good to me mate and at least he has the VX line pack and the nice alloys! Does he have the same trip computer/cluster as you do or does he have a small screen?

Hmmmm...I dunno if i've seen that one mate! Got any photos? Mine was a weird off silver/metallic beige but I swapped all the interior trim over to that off an elite

Yea its probably like yours was then mate a weird off silver but looks kinda gold and sparkly lol. I'll take a pic tomorrow as he's nights tonight.

He has the same screen as my GTC but all he's got is the miles he's done total and the miles of current trip. So cant see MPG or oil or nothing like that. Even though the stalk twists like to go through the menus it does nothing lol...

Also when he picked it up today, I had to disconnect the battery for 10 mins to reset the cd 400 plus he has because it had frozen completely and now he's got an error 59 code lol. He's not happy at all haha!

I have told him he can send it back because it was all over the phone but he doesn't believe me lol.
VX are weird! They have the screen to show info but don't bother to enable it! What the hell???? Ha.

Hmmmm again very odd! You googled to see what that error means? Is it a brand new car?? regardless should be getting it looked at by the dealer even if it's something and nothing!

(13:th-Jan-2016, 21:48:15)sheppy1 Wrote: VX are weird! They have the screen to show info but don't bother to enable it! What the hell???? Ha.

Hmmmm again very odd! You googled to see what that error means? Is it a brand new car?? regardless should be getting it looked at by the dealer even if it's something and nothing!

no mate its a 64 plate and as it goes its not the same size as my display its a bit smaller i think.
Oh right! Well they only make 3 displays... The tiny one which shows hardly no info, the mid one which shows more and also the current MPH etc. And the top one which is similar to the mid range one but shows 3 lines of info at once

Code 59 means he needs to open and close the driver window (this will always be the case when you pull the battery)

Then you need to do the passenger window and if they rears are elec you need to do pass side rear and then driver rear.

As to will the dealer do extra menus I very much doubt it heck I had list all the steps as they didn't know how to request a VCI for @sheppy1
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Yep! And bare in mind that the dealer I went too who didn't know how to request a VCI code is the most clued up dealership I've ever been too! (not saying much)

Thanks rusty that cleared it Also do you know anyone in wales at all that can do all this coding stuff?
No mate I don't as far as I know I'm the closest person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ESP service message, erratic fuel range figures on trip computer mpotsb 2 2,714 7:th-Sep-2020, 12:04:29
Last Post: mpotsb
  Trip computer phil37 12 44,171 24:th-May-2020, 09:06:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Trip Computer Query jham 6 5,056 26:th-Oct-2017, 17:32:25
Last Post: sheppy1
  Trip Computer on Mid-Level Display? A10HUY 4 5,188 20:th-Sep-2017, 10:34:27
Last Post: mw2299
  Activate Trip computer on opel astra j 2012 ? rubis48@gmail.com 10 12,814 30:th-Jan-2017, 08:57:44
Last Post: Nick_the_arab
  Astra J trip computer Kieran 4 4,453 30:th-Oct-2016, 19:34:35
Last Post: Kieran
  North east trip computer Martin90 3 13,251 10:th-Sep-2016, 15:19:09
Last Post: Martin90
  trip computer evo 3 3,830 6:th-Jun-2016, 19:48:09
Last Post: evo
  Unlock trip computer Daz21 14 8,472 19:th-Feb-2016, 13:31:35
Last Post: Daz21