Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
gtc induction 6t 1 kit

GTC 1.6t Induction kit
Evening guys, So ive been looking around for a while for an induction kit for the gtc and the only one that I have came across has been K&N typhoon filter which comes with a hefty £250 plus pricetag and even at that I have only found one for the 1.4T and to be honest its robbery for a cone filter and a pipe. If youve had a browse through my progress thread youll see ive been looking into building one from scratch and managed to get the car running good on idle. I'm curious to know if anyone else has had a go and any information is welcomed.

So what actually happened?

Well my gtc ran fine on idle with the cone in place and the maf sensor placed directly in the cold air feed, engine idled ok and only had an issue when the car was put into gear. My best guess at the moment is that the MAF sensor voltage reading is going out of its parameters and thats why its throwing the car either into limp mode or cutting the engine off.

again any input is welcomed and if anyone has had a go and has had something different happen then please do tell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqcHm6DQem8

Cheers
Were have you placed the maf
I placed it in the cold air feed at the bottom of the airbox just to see how it ran on idle with the intension of finding a more permanent location for it, ive got a custom housing unit being made just need to see how it runs when the part gets delivered Once the new housing units here and its installed the maf sensor will be pretty close to the original location. hoping it will run with the custom housing.
It needs to be after the cone filter remove it and put your standard box back on before you have serous. problems
haha I'm not driving about with it , just wanted to see if it would be smooth on idle, when the custom housing unit comes ill put it between the cone and the rest of the intake pipe and see if it will run without any issues and then ill get a heat shield made up
Is there any update on anywhere selling an induction kit for this astra 1.6t 200 engine?
not as far as I'm aware mate. I could probably make one again but i'd need a donner car to test it on

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Induction kit carlosfootball 0 927 19:th-Aug-2021, 16:45:57
Last Post: carlosfootball
  Induction pipe for sale ?? Michael T18 1 2,847 21:st-Apr-2018, 17:38:24
Last Post: Chris_B
Help ASTRA J Induction Kit Winterad99 0 2,947 16:th-Apr-2018, 21:42:42
Last Post: Winterad99
  Induction/MAF Holder Pwizzle93 2 3,783 17:th-Jun-2017, 19:33:30
Last Post: Eddie0892
  Induction kit Riska_Rob@yahoo.co.uk 0 2,509 24:th-Mar-2017, 18:41:55
Last Post: Riska_Rob@yahoo.co.uk
  Looking info on induction kit dump valves and lowering springs Deano1991 1 3,482 26:th-Jul-2016, 18:11:20
Last Post: WoZLinGToN
  Induction Kit for 1.6 Turbo Tjs1ngh 11 8,685 6:th-Oct-2015, 22:01:56
Last Post: amjgtc
  Pipercross Universal Induction Kit SI SRI 7 6,079 26:th-Jun-2014, 18:18:28
Last Post: tucpal
  2.0 CDTI Induction? mrobins64495 1 5,445 11:th-Mar-2014, 02:20:44
Last Post: tucpal