Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
it will fit?

Will it fit?
Will a 64 plate Astra 5 door leather seats fit straight into my 3 door Astra gtc?

Thanks
Yes but it will be very difficult to get in the back as they don't fold toward the rear bench will be different and may not fit
(11:th-Jan-2016, 15:21:55)tucpal Wrote: Yes but it will be very difficult to get in the back as they don't fold toward the rear bench will be different and may not fit

Thanks mate. So will I lose any function of the seats etc ? My old man just bought an Astra and it's got full leather but he likes my seats more and I prefer the full leather lol. Hoping I can have them.
Would also have to switch the control panel for heated seats to work.
(11:th-Jan-2016, 18:20:58)WhelanUK Wrote: Would also have to switch the control panel for heated seats to work.

They are not heated mate. They are coming from the Astra limited edition. Well I don't think they are heated anyway??
Full leathers should be heated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(11:th-Jan-2016, 20:10:05)Rusty2009 Wrote: Full leathers should be heated.

Which/where is the button on the console mate? We are going to pick it up tomorrow as log as they are ready like they said they will be so can't check until then
On the heater panel mate, will have picture of seat.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(11:th-Jan-2016, 22:07:20)Rusty2009 Wrote: On the heater panel mate, will have picture of seat.

Damn so if I swapped seats id have to swap the panels and wire all that up? Or could they just be left as non heated? I'll have a look tomorrow or ring them first thing to find out if they are heated

(11:th-Jan-2016, 22:07:20)Rusty2009 Wrote: On the heater panel mate, will have picture of seat.

Think I can just make it out just under the both knobs mate.

thats his car off the network q site. its from hatchlings in pontypridd but they took it off the site but network q still had it. jammy git i would love to have them seats
It's a simple swap of the heater controls as heated seats is plug and play mate. If you're going to the extent of removing seats you might as well swap controls too.

As long as your car doesn't have climate control as that has different controls.

You might have issues at MOT time due to not having a folding backrest you'd also lose your warranty on your seats

There's aldo a fuse in the rear fusebox I'm sure @Rusty2009 will know as I can't remember.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Will it only be the back seats that won't fold? Or the front ones too? If it's the front too then I can't do it as I need to put my kids in the back. Don't mind about losing the warranty on the seats.

As for the controls, is it literally take the fascia off and fit the other one on? And I'll have the connections for heated seats in my car already?

There's a big chance he won't even swap now when he finds out they are heated. All he's done is moan that he is losing his winter pack in his current car. So this will be good news for him even though he hates leather.

But if we swap chairs could he then have my half leather as heated? Or is it only the leather that can be heated so I'll have to take the controls anyway?

Edit - nvm seen you said backrest now. So that could fail an mot if just the back seats won't fold??
You wont be able to fold the front seats
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The wife's drivers seat wouldn't fold on her pug (would slide) it was just an advisory.

TBH I went for a 5-door for 3 reasons.

Having kids the doors are too big on 3-door & the seatbelt is too far back for my liking.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(11:th-Jan-2016, 23:11:50)cornishtaz Wrote: You wont be able to fold the front seats

that puts an end to that then.