Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
plan service

Service Plan
Can I ask what people's thoughts on this service plan from the dealership are;

The bit that's hand written basically means that it should normally cost £650 but they quoted me at £453. As for the AA bit, after the first service they activate the AA top level of cover for a year and it gets renewed after every service for 3 years. This means that I get cover to the value of £142 year via AA totalling roughly £420 or £426 if you're pedantic. Given that the quote they gave me for the service was £453 there's not much difference.

Is it worth it is what I'm asking really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I calculated me paying for my services on the day every year against the service plan and it actually worked out more expensive. I'm not convinced that they are great value for money but that's just for me personally.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
The plan worked out more expensive? Did you take into consideration the AA cover?

I've got a service plan but with Bristol Street Motors VX but mines £19 pm I'll have to get paperwork out see what's included on mine.
Please, I said I'd get back to them so the more opinions I get the better!

I think it's a waste of time. all these services plans ever seem to cover is oil oil filter air filter pollen filter and fuel filter (most other items brake fluid, glow/spark plugs timing belt etc) Are all extras.

A service plan should cover everything for each year otherwise there is no point in having it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(5:th-Jan-2016, 00:09:03)Nemo Wrote: The plan worked out more expensive? Did you take into consideration the AA cover?

Yeah it was really odd. They wanted a high initial payment and then £32 per month for however long. I think it was because of the high mileage I said I did.

I didn't look at The AA mate, just at the Vauxhall one.

As Rusty said, they confirmed that brake fluid change and coolant change on a major service wasn't covered by the plan. Interesting to see whether it's done if your a cash paying customer.

Well I'll be speaking to them later and I'll ask if the oil, brake fluid etc are included, if not I won't take it as if it's not I'm basically paying for AA cover

@bhalay207 I think you misunderstood me, the AA cover is included in the price valued at £142 a year. It's not an optional extra as such or different cover

Check the service list mate your be on year 4 service this and see what's needed per service.

If they say it's included ask them to put it in writing.
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Service-parts-List

Also Oil is included mate.

Most other items I.e brake fluid, glow/spark plugs timing belt etc are all extras.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(5:th-Jan-2016, 08:49:12)Nemo Wrote: Well I'll be speaking to them later and I'll ask if the oil, brake fluid etc are included, if not I won't take it as if it's not I'm basically paying for AA cover

@bhalay207 I think you misunderstood me, the AA cover is included in the price valued at £142 a year. It's not an optional extra as such or different cover

Ahhh, yeah I may well have done.

This is what Pentagon Vauxhall said is included in the service plan they do. I'd imagine Evans Halshaw will be the same

(5:th-Jan-2016, 08:57:43)Rusty2009 Wrote: Check the service list mate your be on year 4 service this and see what's needed per service.

If they say it's included ask them to put it in writing.
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Service-parts-List

Also Oil is included mate.

Most other items I.e brake fluid, glow/spark plugs timing belt etc are all extras.

Mines less than £15 a month and includes puncture repairs or tyre fitment for free I just pay/supply the tyres. And also gives 20% discount on any parts I order. I can also transfer to a different car if I change car.
(7:th-Jan-2016, 15:15:45)JohnL Wrote: Mines less than £15 a month and includes puncture repairs or tyre fitment for free I just pay/supply the tyres. And also gives 20% discount on any parts I order. I can also transfer to a different car if I change car.

So you think it's worth it?

I'd say so when it comes to resale time you will have a fully stamped book from the main agent
i got 3 years servicing and mot and 3 year warranty cover
with my car for about the same price
it sounds ok and will save you any unexpected bills in the future
When the alternator belt needs doing they'll charge me an arm and a leg for it won't they

Opposed to a normal garage

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low cost recovery service Dennis S 0 3,062 24:th-Jun-2017, 12:40:16
Last Post: Dennis S
  Wing mirror automatically closing fitting service GarethMyers14 5 4,631 20:th-Apr-2017, 11:07:57
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Courier Service JohnL 6 4,692 29:th-Apr-2014, 15:12:49
Last Post: Rusty2009
  How long do you plan to keep your Astra-J Rusty2009 39 17,480 3:rd-Apr-2014, 21:17:11
Last Post: Simon Templar