This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
keys up just the picked

Just picked up the keys!
Hi guys. I'm new on here. Just wanted to say hello!
Just picked up the keys to my very first Vauxhall! [Image: d1c70642306445caa21122b4af176fcc.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello and welcome.

What you got?
I've got a 2012 Astra 2.0ctdi Elite. It's in a mid blue colour. I'll try and get photos up tomorrow! Such a nice car so far!

Welcome.
Ooooo very nice! Think I know which colour you have, be good to see it and welcome!
[Image: vCa3MP6.jpg]

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Sheppy, it's a difficult colour to describe. It's not dark blue, yet not light enough to be seashell Tongue
Been conveniently driving to get coffee from McDonald's all evening, just to have a drive and explore the different options inside Tongue

(14:th-Dec-2015, 19:11:39)ac2709 Wrote: Hi guys. I'm new on here. Just wanted to say hello!
Just picked up the keys to my very first Vauxhall! [Image: d1c70642306445caa21122b4af176fcc.jpg]

An interesting and exciting model Car...

Your Spanish Friend. Bye
Welcome pics are a must.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Welcome to VXOC ac2709, certainly get some pictures up!!

[Image: Tonto_zps9kmln9qb.jpg]
Welcome to vxoc
[Image: DSC03659_zpssmtodvyc.jpg]
Thanks for the welcome guys!
As promised, here are the pictures of the new toy Smile[Image: 51f7e44dd828e2c3d7eec38b7daaea72.jpg][Image: ec7b84d9664a91eec2ca1b7169819fd9.jpg][Image: 331189e5efcc74a55c7ac9393725c84e.jpg]

That's a nice colour that mate. Wish my J had the facelift bumpers too!

(15:th-Dec-2015, 22:47:21)Tonto Wrote: That's a nice colour that mate. Wish my J had the facelift bumpers too!

Thanks pal. It was a lucky find! Really like it so far. Gutted it doesn't have a USB port inside though :(
Could always retrofit if needs be Smile

(15:th-Dec-2015, 22:47:21)Tonto Wrote: That's a nice colour that mate. Wish my J had the facelift bumpers too!

You could upgrade it? I think if I need headlight washes that's what I'm doing.
Yeah I've thought about it but there's so much else I want to do first!

That's the colour I thought! I LOVE that colour and kick myself for not getting it every time I see one!!! Ha

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
[Image: vCa3MP6.jpg]

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Lovely looking motor
[Image: DSC03659_zpssmtodvyc.jpg]
(16:th-Dec-2015, 09:52:44)sheppy1 Wrote: That's the colour I thought! I LOVE that colour and kick myself for not getting it every time I see one!!! Ha

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

(16:th-Dec-2015, 12:49:42)tucpal Wrote: Lovely looking motor

Thanks guys!

Need to get it waxed and detailed. Love the chrome trim on the outside too.

Taking it for a blast on the motorway too so going to see what I can get from it Smile

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lovely looking colour!

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
[Image: 417101.png]
Wave hi and welcome!
Welcome and hi! Lovely looking motor

Finally got around to fitting the metro kit today!

Thanks to @rusty2009 for the HowTo removal. That aerial was a bugger to get off!

I decided to place the mic on the sun visor as it was easier and I wasn't brave enough to pull out the cluster unit :/

It all seems to work well, apart from When I try to start a call from the steering wheel it ends straight away (works fine from my phone though).

[Image: 48ff32deaec0e2f9f674434bdcc0ab3c.jpg][Image: b2aa5aefae681cbf76a9774332ec4792.jpg][Image: 402273e6fc2a3757a490111410a62775.jpg]

Wonder if there is a setting that needs changing?

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Could be... I'm going to email Ray Smith and ask if it's a common problem.

It's good having it installed though! Nice being able to change music through the CD400 Big grin

Don't forget it will mute your parking sensors and indicator tick so if your parking with your music playing you want knw your sensors are screaming lol

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
[Image: 417101.png]
Really I didn't notice that when I drove @DC_Elite car (but then again I didn't pay attention as to weather it had parking sensors)

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers @bhalay207.

I see what you mean when you spoke about the ticking noise when it's connected. Luckily I can't hear it with the tractor engine over the top Tongue

After being sat in the car for 1.5 hours fitting it, I've realised how much stuff I want to do now!
Think next is tinting windows(hoping it won't affect anti dazzle mirror).

LED's need to be ordered too!

If you tint (I've gone limo black I think darkest tint they do) the anti dazzle mirror won't turn green unless you have some tosser behind with HIDs or full beam on

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
There is a few range rovers with ridiculous 'dipped' beam around here Tongue I might just go light smoked. I'll look at your progress thread and check yours out @rusty2009.

I've got light smoked on mine but as they come with a slight factory tint they practically black out

[Image: 218943e1811f0561d8108cba735ced69.jpg][Image: 0186bba353221d89cc29d7969e5ce25d.jpg]

(1:st-Jan-2016, 21:05:29)Rusty2009 Wrote: Really I didn't notice that when I drove @DC_Elite car (but then again I didn't pay attention as to weather it had parking sensors)

Don't have parking sensors (Although would love to retrofit if possible at some point) but it does mute the indicator and warning tones so pay attention!

(1:st-Jan-2016, 21:16:44)Rusty2009 Wrote: If you tint (I've gone limo black I think darkest tint they do) the anti dazzle mirror won't turn green unless you have some tosser behind with HIDs or full beam on

Wait....the mirror has a green LED in it? If so either mine is not working properly or the LED is busted. Where is it?
@DC_ELiTE on the right of the mirror there should be a small white hole/circle. When there are cars behind you, the mirror changes so their headlights have a green tinge to them. It stops bright lights blinding you from behind...

I've never noticed a green tinge before, I swear its working as it goes darker (on occasion) but am going to have to check that out now on my next drive.