This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
crash

Crash
So tonight I got hit from the side on the front end of my beloved Astra, I'm just hoping she can be repaired and there's no structural damage :(
[Image: ed2c63a5552b4f2858b01d0b72a9fa57.jpg]
[Image: f70518d45ee0bdb69a7d5ac27890a536.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah mate sorry to see that, fingers crossed she can be repaired and fast!

[Image: Tonto_zps9kmln9qb.jpg]
I'm hoping so!

Sorry to hear that
[Image: DSC03659_zpssmtodvyc.jpg]
Fingers crossed mate.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
[Image: 417101.png]
Sorry to see that mate. She should be repairable.

But I think you lost your number plate so make sure you get a new one :-)
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Heard anything from the insurance mate?

Ah no I found the plate and placed it on the window @Rusty2009 and I've not heard anything from them @bhalay207.

They've given me a courtesy car and it replicates a bus

[Image: 4e9cf241a2394930ac96f5ba6727723c.jpg]

O Dear God ha ha WTF.
I think it's because I put a whopper of a complaint in with them aha!
To be honest, it's not exactly slow. But it's got nothing on the Astra

I remember when I had to have a rental car for work as I was going to do a fair amount of distance in one go and they delivered a standard golf 1.2tsi wheel trims and all. I rang Europcar and asked for a changeover as the golf didn't have cruise control blah blah blah. Anyway, they offered me a Fiat 500L and I was like Erm, no ill keep the golf

You have my sympathies

It was this or a Toyota Aygo haha

Ooo, rock and a hard place!

Yep. I feel I get funny looks being 22 in a middle aged persons car

Sorry to hear about the crash mate, hope it can be repaired.
If not what alloys you got lol ;-) @Nemo

[Image: Lewis_zpswvvuzf0s.jpg]
Haha 19" gunmetal grays Wink
[Image: fa816866ed203ac0f5181173999011d0.jpg]

Ooooo :-p they do look nice

I know, I won't see them for a while :(

Is the car repairable then mate?

They've not said, I'm in the blue. I tried to call yesterday but I got the whole "oh the systems down, I can't look but someone will call you later on" routine but never had the call

I'm back in the Vauxhall group!
[Image: 2c40ea62151817a32abad80857ea149d.jpg]

Any news on what's happening with your car mate?

Just spoken with the insurance company and they've told me that they need to get an independent engineer to inspect my car as the quote from the garage was too high. And if it is that much then they won't be fixing it.

Garages always over price as most insurance companies just sign off.

I was quoted £100 for a bumper respray on my zaffy but the woman wanted to go through insurance and the garage that carried out the work said it cost £500 as they had to take the bumper off (the bumper didn't leave the car), and they only did a patch repair.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Ouch, too high. Fortunately I've never had an accident so wouldnt even know where to start with insurance companies etc. Hope you get sorted fast mate.
Typical garages, well it depends on the independent review. If it's cheap they'll do it.

You can get a qoute your self but they will most likely right it off
Oh brilliant. It was a on a finance deal, one where I end up with the car after the agreement, but luckily I opted in for gap insurance

It sucks big time for sure I know after the last knock I had I got a qoute for £1200 to fix the damage they sent it to lookers who charged £2500 and then the hire car costs on top off that I was very close to losing it for sure gap really can work out good for you lets hope they sort it good luck
They should only write a car off if the repairs cost more than an % of the vaule of the car.

If they do write it off do not except the 1st offer, They are now not allowed to pay you the scrap value, they have to pay you what it would cost you in your area to buy the same car (year and spec & mileage).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
So they're gonna try and give me less money to start with?

Hell yes. They will even try pulling you're pants down and rogering you from behind whilst trying to make you think they are helping you by giving you a fair offer for the car. Depending on they type ammount of damage you can always try and buy it back and do most of the work yourself.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
It's been a confirmed write off :(

Aww nightmare mate... Feel sorry for you. What do you think you'll do? Another J or...?

I'm not sure, might go GTC but then again I like a scirocco

Shame that but glad you had the gap
When I worked in car sales, most customers thought GAP was the biggest load of crap... This proves otherwise.

(10:th-Dec-2015, 17:26:54)bhalay207 Wrote: When I worked in car sales, most customers thought GAP was the biggest load of crap... This proves otherwise.

Just never buy it from the dealership as its well over priced!

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Well I've been quoted £8300 by the insurance for their payout. And I've spoken with the finance company today and they have no record of the gap policy so that doesn't bode too well does it!
I got onto the phone with the dealer and I was like you best find that policy number

I'd be raging at the dealership, I bet they were quick enough to try and flog you gap in the first place.

Was that the insurance company's first offer?
It was the first offer and they said it's not for me to appeal it, it's the gap company that will appeal it. I managed to find the policy in my own paperwork

(10:th-Dec-2015, 17:34:50)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(10:th-Dec-2015, 17:26:54)bhalay207 Wrote: When I worked in car sales, most customers thought GAP was the biggest load of crap... This proves otherwise.

Just never buy it from the dealership as its well over priced!

Definitely... £300+ at dealerships or £80 online.... Hmmm

Ohh.. Your car experience a bad time. That is what I am concered of everyday I drive from work, I see alot of bad driving and behaviour in my work, people does not care about laws, themselfs or their friends around in traffic. 5 minutes earlier home is too important. Not fun to trash someting dead, but worse to die or be body damaged.

Did I understand it correct, they take your car and give you money?
Who do people get GAP cover with?
Aww mate sorry to hear but can i swap them alloys lol

I got GAP through the dealer, at the time I didn't know it was available elsewhere.

And Lewis you can try get them from the garage but I've got nothing to do with the car now aha

Awh right just i been looking into it but there different options to choose from.
(11:th-Dec-2015, 17:11:38)irmartyn Wrote: Who do people get GAP cover with?

Punch in "gap car insurance" into goggle loads will come up for you to look at.

This may help abit
http://www.which.co.uk/money/insurance/g...ap-review/
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Just to add into the GAP insurance, the dealers are now calling it API (asset protection insurance)