Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
afl

AFL
How much is it roughly to retro fit the AFL? Will I need new windscreen? Etc?
Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No new screen needed.

AFL is hard to price up mate when I did it I got the headlamps for £200 but were bare in total it cost me just shy of £2000 all in but that includes fuel cost etc for going to Liverpool twice which in the end was a waste of time as I had to request the VCI code myself.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
On some videos I've noticed that the auto full beam works by a camera on the screen?
HBA is not needed for AFL.

There is 2 types of HBA.

Just the HBA mirror
Or
The front camera which includes lane departure road signs etc (I'm trying to get the retrofit working)

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
So do you think it will be worth it upgrading to AFL?
Yes in short.

I'm glad I did.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I found some bits on eBay a lot cheaper then brought brand new do I need to watch out for anything?
The AFL module must be new.

All the extra wiring is a pain to add but there are the threads on here with all the info.

Check your fuses board & BCM has all the pins / fuses needed.

When it comes to programming it will be a case of fit it all (remove halogen wiring) request VCI remove AFL wiring etc and put halogen system back unless you can go without the car for a day or so.

I requested my VCI on a Sunday and got the email by 06:55 with the VCI

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I'll check fuse box and take pictures and upload them to ask if it's right

I can't seem to get it removed so don't know how to check.
I'd love them on my car but the cost alone is enough to make me shudder. Projectors and and a 4500k HID kit will do me.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Anyone help how to remove fuse box I've tried but have been unsuccessful and ended up damaging the plastic on outside
Check my trader section mate Iirc the thread is AFL retrofit details.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Here is the top bit but still having trouble getting it out will look again tomorrow and will it not be depended on part numbers?

Ahah just looking at your picture mate and for you to do it would be a new board, I can see you only have 1 fuse, and & clearly see where the other fuses are needed your missing bits inside.

I marked them for you on your picture mate.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
How much is a new fuse box, can second hand work?
New borad is around £300 mark, I don't see why not it would need to match your board but have the bits for AFL.

As long as it comes of car with the same engine as yours (look for one off an elite and get pics before buying so you can see if the fuses and relays are on the board).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
What code is on your fusebox??
I'll check later mate out in the wife's car ATM.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Alright no problem
Do you need auto lights for afl to work or just the light control unit for no auto?
I don't think you need auto lights mate, I'll look into it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks, did you get to check the fuse box for is?
Not yet mate need to reinstall Windows and then EPC as its gone tits up.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Alright no bother mate let is know soon as it's sorted