Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
hello everyone

Hello everyone.

Hello, just signed up, i currently have a 51 plate Astra g sxi which is being replaced later this week with a brand new Astra J 1.4 turbo ltd edition in charcoal blast, looks black to me though lol, i can't wait 
Welcome to the site.

Looking forward to seeing some pics.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
welcome to vxoc
Hi all, i posted some pics earlier and the post isn't on here? i must have forgotten to press post reply, doh.

I'll try again, Here a few pics from the dealers, 

Looks very nice I do like the VX-line bumper

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Thanks, although i don't know what a vx line bumper is lol
It's the front bumper and looking at it it has the full VX-line body kit
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Oh right, no mention of it in the info, does look great though, any tips on looking after black paintwork? How do i go about waxing it, don't want to make it hazy or swirly in the sun.
Your going to be washing it a lot that's for sure, I'm just using mequairs wax and top it up with Sonax xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer.

Now we do have a chap on here that is into cleaning big time and he would be best to answer you he's a few post in this section so if you post there I'm sure he and others will give you all the advise.

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Forum-Detailing
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
ok cheers, I enjoy cleaning cars, but i want to make sure i do it right if you make a mess of a black car it's gonna pretty crap in the direct sun.
Yes my car had swirls all over it and it was brand new I got a DA machine and got rid of them.

Although my car does need a good wash I'm just not finding time unless it's raining.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Welcome mate, lovely looking car!

lovely looking car there
Is the radio section just a normal double din? if i wanted to put a double unit in with satnav etc on, is it just a multi plug like on most cars? and where is the cd slot on the current unit anyway?
This should help answer the radio questions
http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How-...-head-unit

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
woah, just saw all those wires and mess and i think i'll leave it   If it was a matter of just pulling out the unit like older models but that's a bit of a mission.
Do any of you guys use any kind of rim protectors? I can't see these massive rims avoiding kerbs for too long, especially with the wife sharing the car :(
they can kerb easy if you have the 40 profile
i don't recommend kerb protectors as they can remove the paint
when they come off but up to you some like them.
best just to avoid parking near low kerbs.
I'm going to try and get into the habbit of taking care how i park but i can't speak for my missus lol
my missus ruined my old 19s ha ha
Looks stunning mate! But what annoys me is that VX are still putting that crap single line display in the cluster! Wouldn't expect that especially with it being the Ltd edition too! But hey ho, I'm just an angry man ha

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(11:th-Nov-2015, 23:18:52)sheppy1 Wrote: Looks stunning mate! But what annoys me is that VX are still putting that crap single line display in the cluster! Wouldn't expect that especially with it being the Ltd edition too! But hey ho, I'm just an angry man ha

I didn't even spot that.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(12:th-Nov-2015, 08:06:18)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(11:th-Nov-2015, 23:18:52)sheppy1 Wrote: Looks stunning mate! But what annoys me is that VX are still putting that crap single line display in the cluster! Wouldn't expect that especially with it being the Ltd edition too! But hey ho, I'm just an angry man ha

I didn't even spot that.
Hawk eyes for things like that these days

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Welcome!

I like black cars but having just got rid of one that i had for 4yrs i can honestly say i wont wn another one

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
(12:th-Nov-2015, 19:21:20)bhalay207 Wrote: Welcome!

I like black cars but having just got rid of one that i had for 4yrs i can honestly say i wont wn another one

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5

I'm with you there.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S