Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
progress d92 thread

Progress thread - D92
Hi All,

I recently brought a 12 Plate 2.0 CDTi Astra J, and its great to have found a dedicated forum, with lots of knowledge on retro fitting, and modifying for when I inevitably get stuck

Mods to the car so far:
Full rear de badge, including rear badge with bulge removed and re-sprayed.
Sub woofer - First thing I put in any car
After market fascia adapter (Still using a single din at the moment so looks a bit tacky)

Plans:
- Tinting
- Audio system revamp
- Nice double din radio, front/rear cameras
- Remapping
- Eibach Springs (Possibly VXR shocks)
- Alloys, possibly GTC or VXR (Not sure if 20" wheels will look out of place)
- Retro fitting electric windows and mirrors
    From experience is this a particularly hard job? Is it just a case of wiring looms, switched and motors?
- Xenon Lights / Headlamps

I will probably think of more things I want to do after looking at what others have done, interested in changing the dash LED's but as my car is in black, I'm struggling to choose a colour to go with it, thinking green

- D92

2012 Astra J 2.0 cdti sri
Nice looking car and that's a big list.

For electric Windows there will also be programming needed via a VCI code.

What type of xenon lights are thinking of fitting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Nice looking car and that's a big list.

For electric Windows there will also be programming needed via a VCI code.

What type of xenon lights are thinking of fitting?

I have a black car and have gone mostly blue with a few other colour LED's thrown in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Cheers

Not sure on the xenons, never had a car with them and not sure on the law around them, I do like the look of the 'Magnetti' head lamps, they look like they would fit, going to keep an eye on ebay and gumtree for some going cheap, £200 a lamp is steep

Yea, I had a look at the blue leds in yours, looks nice, suits the car way more than the stock orange

On my old corsa, I had to fit a load of wires behind the dash for electric window and mirror retro fitting, is it just the door looms I need? and then the VCI code to set it all up afterwards.

Thanks,

D92
Oh very nice.

there could be more wiring needed depends on your car.

here is a link to diagrams you need http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Elec...ows-wiring

also here are part number of the looms
13372683 Driver door
13372807 Passenger door

13284608 Rear door RH
13284607 Rear door LH

These loom are from an elite so will have the wires for power fold mirrors and door lighting.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Haven't really updated this thread in a while, so this is like 6 months worth of mods in one lump .

I have remapped it, tinted the rear windows, brought a set of 19", painted them gun metal grey and put in a big sound system (I'm a bass / volume nut ;D )

For the sound system, I have a 800W Amp powering the factory door speakers, a 900W amp powering 4 speakers in the parcel shelf (Which collapsed under the weight) and a 1200w and 1000w sub (I plan to upgrade the subs so they match as well as hitting at-least 3200W  ).

At the moment its all just a mess, I really want to have a go building one of those fully inter-grated systems, but i'm not very skilled in carpentry, so it probably wont be symmetrical

When I brought the fascia adapter last year, sadly they only did solid grey, or solid black, and not the really nice black and silver my astra came with. After seeing how bhalay207 used plasti dip on his grill, I might buy some and paint all the silver trim inside the car, as well as colour code the led's -- I'm thinking Green.

Main things left to do ( for now ) is get some lowering springs and finish off the interior, as well as keep my eye out on ebay for the bits needed to retro fit rear electric windows

My goodness, your boot is looking pretty full !

No wonder you remapped it to cope with all that extra weight

Seriously though, what remap did you go for ?

The wheels look really good and suit the car, car looks really clean too
you need to find a compsny who will sponser you, you pay for the subs, they do the build etc etc, they get the pics and use it for advertising and you get an amazin install for cheap, wel thats the idea, contact afew companies , be cheeky, you never know
(1:st-Apr-2016, 20:36:29)andy2174 Wrote: My goodness, your boot is looking pretty full !

No wonder you remapped it to cope with all that extra weight

Seriously though, what remap did you go for ?

The wheels look really good and suit the car, car looks really clean too

Yea, is pretty full haha, Had it remapped from 165 to just over 200, well, that's what chap said, i should have paid the £30 to have it dyno'ed but a friend at a car club recommended him, so I took his word for it, and it does feel faster, done about 8k miles on the remap with no issues so far, I did not like the looks of those chips that inject into the fuel lines. I had it washed 5 mins before I took the photo's to hide the various scratches and bumps it has

(1:st-Apr-2016, 20:37:36)mrtc Wrote: you need to find a compsny who will sponser you, you pay for the subs, they do the build etc etc, they get the pics and use it for advertising and you get an amazin install for cheap, wel thats the idea, contact afew companies , be cheeky, you never know

That would be pretty sweet, seen some awesome builds where people have had air lift put in, and then used the false floor as one big sound system install, will be worth giving some a ring for sure

have a look on facebook etc, be cheeky, go for it lol
Wow, you need an Estate Wagon. =)

Cool rims too, model?
Cheers

The rims are the slightly bigger 19" versions of the original 17"s which I think where on the vx line / opc line trim.

Drove 200 miles to Wales to buy them, chap only wanted £150 for the set I had them refurbished and painted in gun metal grey as they where quite scratched round the edges.

Not updated the progress thread in a while, mainly done a few small mods like fitting a debadged front grill and removing the rear wiper, but the major change was having the J fitted with a custom air ride kit and boot audio build.

I have started to work on the interior and decided to have a go re-spraying the centre console trim, was all going well until the lacquer stage where I sprayed it on to thick and messed it up, my mate tom kindly helped me fix it and we striped it back down and he painted it up, he has done an awesome job and now its looking great, hopefully I will be able to a better job on the smaller vent and door trims 

Just need to pain the rest of the trim now Does anyone know how to remove the 4 chrome rings on the instrument cluster? considering painting those as well

coming along very nicely
Cheers

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 38,714 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 174,134 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 90,586 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,417 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,141 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 41,037 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread sparkyscfc74 485 556,661 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:24:38
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 13,482 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,483 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun
  Progress Thread Conor97 Conor97 28 12,707 9:th-Sep-2018, 19:37:44
Last Post: Conor97