Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
scuff plates

Scuff Plates
Hi all,

Does anyone have any photos of the stuff plates on their door sills? Seems to be two different types that I can see and want to see them on a car so I can decide which are the ones I want

Ta

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I went for these anyway:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400389302127

Which I believe are these ones from VX:

http://www.vauxhall-accessories.com/astr...ill-plates

Sorry it's dark but these are mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh sweet! I like that a lot! That's the one I've gone for too thanks for the photo

I was looking at those. £12 isn't a bad price. They look smaller than what I thought though

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Ha yeah same here! I thought they would cover the width of the sill and then be longer too but oh well

Could do the same as me and buy some clear vinyl wrap.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Damn fine idea! But I do like the look of the kick plates from an aesthetic point of view

Are they not standard?

I was thinking of getting some of the clear vinyl wrap to go on the black plastic bit tbh to stop scratching that as my son likes to step out of the car on it.
(22:nd-Oct-2015, 22:03:30)CRNeo Wrote: Are they not standard?

I was thinking of getting some of the clear vinyl wrap to go on the black plastic bit tbh to stop scratching that as my son likes to step out of the car on it.
That's the same reason why i went down the clear wrap route, wanted something to protect the paint but not spending alot. all in its cost about £10 to do all the doors and the rear bumper .

It still will work good idea
(22:nd-Oct-2015, 22:30:21)Nickmagicfingers1981 Wrote:
(22:nd-Oct-2015, 22:03:30)CRNeo Wrote: Are they not standard?

That's the same reason why i went down the clear wrap route, wanted something to protect the paint but not spending alot. all in its cost about £10 to do all the doors and the rear bumper .

What clear wrap would you suggest? do you have a link at all would love to do this to mine.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
There is clear scuff scratch resistant vinyl on ebay etc you can also use it as a stone guard for the front bumper wheel arches etc
Hmm that's an idea as my white front bumper takes a hammering!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The is the stuff that i got off ebay. Item number 261841483138.

Just make sure to get a squeegee, it will make life eaiser for you. To get it round the curves i borrowed the wife hair dryer instead of using a heat gun.

(24:th-Oct-2015, 07:28:07)Nickmagicfingers1981 Wrote: The is the stuff that i got off ebay. Item number 261841483138.

Just make sure to get a squeegee, it will make life eaiser for you. To get it round the curves i borrowed the wife hair dryer instead of using a heat gun.

Cool thanks that's the stuff I found last night, I will order some next week.

What about this for the squeegee? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-Pro-Felt-Ed...Sw-jhUBJo4

Would a couple of magnets be a good idea as well to hold it in place?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Gripper-Mag...uTOWsQuwLw
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
The squeegee i used didn't have the felt on it. The wrap it's self has somthing like a protective fitting layer so once it is on you just peel of the top layer and Bob's your uncle. As for the magnets the biggest it i have done is around the bumper by the boot and just made syre it was nice and soapy and the wife gave me a hand. But if your on your own they wouldn't be a bad idea.

Cool I'll get the wife to me we practice on her FORD first lol
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
@Nickmagicfingers1981 would one bit be enough to do all the door sills & bumper?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I bought the 1520x300 and did all the doors and the top of the boot bumper. I did the boot first due to the curve on it, the wrap is good as you can use a biro to mark it out as you are going to pull both layers off.

Cool thanks mate, I will order some Tomorrow.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Number plates Flick19191 0 1,722 26:th-Sep-2019, 10:54:13
Last Post: Flick19191
  Leather seat scuff fix sheppy1 6 5,119 19:th-Feb-2016, 19:55:39
Last Post: WhelanUK
  Aluminium Pressed Number Plates Turner_SRi 19 13,226 22:nd-Aug-2014, 17:27:21
Last Post: Turner_SRi