Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
balou progress 14 thread

Progress thread: Balou#14
It has been a while since my last post but I've been busy working in our new house.

The past week I had a few little parts come in and I'm expecting some more in the next week or so. So I will be updating the progress thread with some pictures when everything is done.

Planned mods in the next few weeks:
- paint front grill and mirror covers black
- change roof console

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
Oooooo nice one mate!!! Hope the house move has gone well!!

Can't wait to see those mods! Been wanting to change the grill to body colour myself...

Also you changing the roof console to black?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Very well, feeling real at home in our own house. Love the fact I have my own garage now

No I'm not changing the roof console to black. I bought one with the motion sensors so I'm going to swap that for the blank one which I have now.

(7:th-Jan-2017, 20:43:21)Balou#14 Wrote: Very well, feeling real at home in our own house. Love the fact I have my own garage now

No I'm not changing the roof console to black. I bought one with the motion sensors so I'm going to swap that for the blank one which I have now.

Ahhh! That's so cool mate! Just rubbing it in too! Haha. Currently house hunting with my partner but defo want one with a decent garage

Got ya! Yeah I have one of those too but not installed it as I don't have the sensor behind the panel so the open sensor holes annoy me... if you know what I mean?

(7:th-Jan-2017, 22:16:50)sheppy1 Wrote:
(7:th-Jan-2017, 20:43:21)Balou#14 Wrote: Very well, feeling real at home in our own house. Love the fact I have my own garage now

Ahhh! That's so cool mate! Just rubbing it in too! Haha. Currently house hunting with my partner but defo want one with a decent garage

Got ya! Yeah I have one of those too but not installed it as I don't have the sensor behind the panel so the open sensor holes annoy me... if you know what I mean?

I know what you mean, mine came with the sensors so that is good.

Hope you have the same luck house hunting as we did. My girlfriend and I had been house hunting for almost half a year when this house came up for sale. We didn't think twice to decide as most of our family lives nearby and we love the neighborhood as it is only 3 houses away from where we lived before

Nice one! It will look spot on then! I've made a bid on a sensor anyway then I'll install the panel in mine once I have one

Ha that's a stroke of luck eh!! Nice one mate! And thanks... I feel your house hunting pain! Been at it about 2 months ourselves and just not finding what we want at all! Now you'll be doing more house mods than Car mods

For sure! We have already done a lot to the house to make it our own. Ground floor is almost done, the rest of the house is good for now. Even the outside of the house got some new paint. For some reason the previous owner thought it was a good idea the paint the house green...

Changed the roof console today.

Before:

After:

While I was doing this I found 2 unused connectors in the roof. Does anyone know what these are for?

Connector 1:

Connector 2:

Connector 1 looks like the mirror plug.
Connector 2 is another roof light plug.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
There was also a plug for the mirror attached to the roof (like in the how-to).
Weird that I have both the light and mirror plug double...

On another look connector 1 isn't the mirror plug it's too big and not the same.

Wonder if it's for sunroof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Didn't have a clue what they could be, thought maybe there was something I could easily add to the car
but not really planning on adding a sunroof if that is what it is for...

(8:th-Jan-2017, 11:36:27)Rusty2009 Wrote: Connector 1 looks like the mirror plug.
I am looking for the pin out of the motion sensor button and the front roof lights.
Could you help me?

(15:th-Jan-2017, 23:34:11)Balou#14 Wrote:
(8:th-Jan-2017, 11:36:27)Rusty2009 Wrote: Connector 1 looks like the mirror plug.
I am looking for the pin out of the motion sensor button and the front roof lights.
Could you help me?

Yes i'll get them later for you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(18:th-Jan-2017, 08:23:17)Rusty2009 Wrote:
Could you help me?

Awesome! Thank you very much!

Changed some bolts yesterday on the boot, the engine bay will follow.
Before:

After:

Also started painting the grill, pics will follow later.

I LIKE THAT
Could you help me?

Did you remember to get the pin-outs?
(9:th-Feb-2017, 20:00:46)Balou#14 Wrote:
Could you help me?

Opps Sorry I forgot here you go mate.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(11:th-Feb-2017, 08:21:20)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(9:th-Feb-2017, 20:00:46)Balou#14 Wrote:
Could you help me?

Opps Sorry I forgot here you go mate.

Thanks!
Did the wiring for the light in the roof console today.

Also started modifying an original shark fin antenna to have fm radio. I started out with an original fm aerial and the shark fin and switched the circuit boards over. As these do not have the same base the screws holding the circuit boards were in different places. So I made my own base plate from a piece of plastic. This is mounted onto the base of the shark fin with the screws and this holds the circuit board on top and this also holds the short antenna (same one as I already have on the car). So it looks something like this.

This all fits in the shark fin housing.

Now I'm only waiting for a new fakra connector to arrive so I can test fit it.

Hello mate ! Im doing the same thing but without that antenna. Is it a citroen antena with a circular terminal attached ?

This is what im doing :

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

This one was an amplified aerial, im connecting it to the rear fusebox.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
No it is an antenna of a skoda. I just took the wire which went from the circuit board to the antenna and wrapped that around the thread of the new antenna. I tested it before fitting everything in the shark fin and it worked.

i did do that on the old astra j it did work but still not the best reception on fm good luck
I have the same antenna on the car now and reception is good. But I live in Belgium so reception will centainly be different
Looking good mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
hi i like your shark fin , i was just woundering could you do the same for me make one up for me how much would it cost ?thanks
(15:th-Mar-2017, 17:58:10)opelastra Wrote: hi i like your shark fin , i was just woundering could you do the same for me make one up for me how much would it cost ?thanks
I still have to fit it to the car and properly test it. It isn't that difficult to make, but I have no idea how much it would cost, all will depend on how cheap you can get all the parts.

ok if it works on fm could you make me one too please thanks
(20:th-Mar-2017, 14:40:29)opelastra Wrote: ok if it works on fm could you make me one too please thanks
I will keep you updated once I've tested it. If you really want it I could make you one, but it isn't cheap. I think it has cost me around 100 euro for all the parts. And I have no idea what the shipping costs will be, but again I don't think it will be cheap because I have to ship it from Belgium...

thanks a mill ,no problam
Finally took the time today to install the shark fin antenna I made.

Everything works well and reception in the driveway was good. Will test it further when I'm driving around in the next week.

glad to here its working so far so good , if you tell me how you did it i could do the same to my aerial
my old aerial is skinny tall so i switch it to the shatk fin screw it to my organil aerial i get only 4 stations but there not great if i open up my aerial and do what you did it might work
Everything worked well on my way to work today, no real issues.

Reception on the driveway

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58d95cda9226...165417.mp4

Reception on the road:

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58d95d84ca02...074156.mp4

Update for later this week:

My summer wheels are ready to go back on the car. Complete with 4 new tyres and freshly painted centre caps (gloss black and logo color coded to the car).

Always liked that wheel style! Also did you paint those centre caps yourself?

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

(27:th-Mar-2017, 20:59:32)sheppy1 Wrote: Always liked that wheel style! Also did you paint those centre caps yourself?

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
Yup I painted them myself

Summer wheels are back on the car.

Looking really good mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello i am from Belgium this is my astra j gtc

mods:
kw v1 coilovers
schmidt 19" phantom line wheels
full audio installation off rockford fosgate
hid 8000k kit
tinted backlights

(29:th-Mar-2017, 18:53:49)Keith2017 Wrote: hello i am from Belgium this is my astra j gtc

mods:
kw v1 coilovers
hid 8000k kit
tinted backlights

Very nice car!
Where are you from?

(30:th-Mar-2017, 09:17:15)Balou#14 Wrote:
(29:th-Mar-2017, 18:53:49)Keith2017 Wrote: hello i am from Belgium this is my astra j gtc

mods:
kw v1 coilovers
hid 8000k kit
tinted backlights

Very nice car!
Where are you from?

Hello i am from belgium near Brussels not UK
Thx very much you liked it ?
Ok, I'm from Alken (nearby Hasselt)

Replaced the cracked lower grill in the bumper today (after having the replacement laying around for about 2 years )

Also replaced the grill for one I painted gloss black while the bumper was off.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 38,710 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 174,116 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 90,584 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,416 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,138 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 41,032 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread sparkyscfc74 485 556,650 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:24:38
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 13,480 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,483 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun
  Progress Thread Conor97 Conor97 28 12,700 9:th-Sep-2018, 19:37:44
Last Post: Conor97

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
iNeoTom (4:th-Mar-2024, 21:46:52), LindsayMerrick (18:th-Feb-2024, 07:12:31)