Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
come my true have fears worst

My worst fears have come true...
Well I nearly managed 6 whole months without curbing my alloys. Well actually I did manage it, the misses on the other hand didn't. Luckily it hasn't damaged the paint and it's just scuffed the alloy.

Will I be able to just sand it down and put some lacquer on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You would have to use a metal file then you may also need to put some alloy filler on.

Not as bad as I what I did last weekend.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Or rimblade it
?!

They fit on the rim of the wheel and come in a number of colours.

They protect/cover the rim but will also hide any existing damage.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ZUBMB...ref=plSrch
God no they are crap they tend to peel off when curbed then when you remove them they take the paint off the alloy I had a set on my old car I had to pay £250 for a refurbishment as they took the paint of all 4 alloys when they were removed back to the j 19s the profile is low so its just a matter of time before they get curbed
I want fix it rather than hide it. So file it then sand it then put some lacquer on. What grit would you need to finish it off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I only got good results using a metal file mate. sandpaper is more for the paint side of it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
But surely a file will only get it so smooth. A file will hack away at the rough bits then sand it?

After a file step down with wet and dry then use filler and repeat sanding
Filler will show up as that area is not painted. Don't really want to get it re cut. The filler is a yellow ish colour ain't it?

you would use finer metal files, using sandpaper you would be there for hours.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
The filler is a grey silver colour.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cool. How much is that stuff? Was going to just leave it but water will get under the clear coat won't it?

Yes it might do mate plus the alloy would start to rust.

Here's a link for the putty http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E-Tech-Alloy-W...3a653ff968
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
She's done it again!! I feel like crying

That's the problem once you've done it once you try harder not to do it but end up doing.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S