Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
vw

VW
So we all know that VW were cheating emissions tests 
but i wonder how this will effect diesel tax bands  
are we about to see a massive hike in diesel taxes 
if others are also found to have inaccurate emissions results. 
has diesel tax been set to low for to long ????
They are going to test the other cars, if the manufacture has cheated then I'm sorry it's down to them to make the short fall to the tax man and continue to do so until each car is scrapped.

Why should I pay more? I got a new "green" car and my reward is lower TAX.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
that's my point they may waver any past tax that was wrongly worked out on emissions
as it was not anyones fault who purchased a green diesel car with low tax
and they should get that money back from manufacturers in fines etc
but surely they will have to reband the tax now on the correct emissions the car actually produces
leading to higher car tax the next time you tax the car
then i guess this will lead to personal claims against the manufacturer etc
but either way the tax will have to rise if it is found to be incorrect
i would not wanting to be owning a VW right now thats for sure
and lets hope it was just them also.
Problem is Peugeot did it too I hope Vauxhall (GM) haven't but time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I'll be miffed if my tax goes up. £30 tax bracket was such an appealing factor when I was buying the car.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
I'd seen a report somewhere that had statements from Toyota, Vauxhall and a couple of other brands that have pretty much said they haven't used any functions like vw to rig the results.

Must admit when people went on about how poor Vauxhalls emissions are when compared to Vw and Audis it makes me think this might be part of the reasons behind the results.