Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
hi sydney from australia

Hi from Sydney Australia
Hi, I am from Sydney Australia. One of the few owners of the Opel Astra Sports tourer here in Australia. The astra J and hatch were sold under the Opel brand only for 11 months between 2012 and 2013, the sports tourer being rarer on the road around here. 

I have the 1.6T automatic. Good all around daily family car that has adequate performance and is very stylish on my perspective.
Welcome, :-) we like you cd400 over there as you get colour screen lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Welcome
Welcome!

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

(23:rd-Sep-2015, 04:40:46)Lewis6317 Wrote: Welcome, :-) we like you cd400 over there as you get colour screen lol

It does? Surely doable here?

I did try with the aftermarket unit, still have the screen sure I'll get round to playing when Lewis has time.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
@Lewis6317 make time Dammit!

(23:rd-Sep-2015, 04:40:46)Lewis6317 Wrote: Welcome, :-) we like you cd400 over there as you get colour screen lol

Thanks. I didn't get the upgraded Infotainment with nav option when I bought it. So what I have is the CD400 radio but with bluetooth, voice commands, usb and aux ports as factory standards. So just the orange red screen. 

I'm thinking about getting one of those chinese android infortainment systems that integrate with the steering wheel and dash buttons that also run the torque app with it, and maybe a reversing camera with it. 

I did change the long aerial antenna to a FM sharkfin though.
We call that the 400 plus
(24:th-Sep-2015, 00:16:41)sanj424 Wrote:

Thanks. I didn't get the upgraded Infotainment with nav option when I bought it. So what I have is the CD400 radio but with bluetooth, voice commands, usb and aux ports as factory standards. So just the orange red screen. 

I'm thinking about getting one of those chinese android infortainment systems that integrate with the steering wheel and dash buttons that also run the torque app with it, and maybe a reversing camera with it. 

Welcome! can I ask which shark fin you went for and how does it affect the signal?

Thanks

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(24:th-Sep-2015, 22:24:54)sheppy1 Wrote:
(24:th-Sep-2015, 00:16:41)sanj424 Wrote:

Welcome! can I ask which shark fin you went for and how does it affect the signal?

Thanks

I have something like this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-Special-W...2c97c172ff
It goes over original aerial base and is more of a soft wire antenna covered by the sharkfin. 

Photos on my car below. It  No significant reduction in signal. I tested it when I was in the basement car park where even the factory antenna struggles. Probably still 90+% there. The only watch out here is that the glue underneath may melt under hot weather. I found this out when I had the roof vinyl wrapped as there was glue residue on the aerial base when it was removed and refitted.  But it can easily be removed. So maybe some duck tape to secure the antenna that goes on the inside ceiling of the sharkfin would help the glue not spill over. It won't affect the performance as the wire inside can just hang around inside anyway. 

It is on the "big" side to fit the original base but I think still fits the J fine. 

Oh sweet! Thanks for that! Looks good top don't think there would be any worries about hot weather melting the glue in the UK hahaha.

Also good to hear it doesn't affect signal much. Most people say that they dramatically decrease the signal strength and say not to bother with them

All the ones I find on ebay seem to have two wires and I've no idea what they are for! Lol

(25:th-Sep-2015, 07:11:53)sheppy1 Wrote: All the ones I find on ebay seem to have two wires and I've no idea what they are for! Lol

One of the wires is the FM wire, the other one is a power cable for the amplifier

(25:th-Sep-2015, 07:11:53)sheppy1 Wrote: Oh sweet! Thanks for that! Looks good top don't think there would be any worries about hot weather melting the glue in the UK hahaha.

Also good to hear it doesn't affect signal much. Most people say that they dramatically decrease the signal strength and say not to bother with them

All the ones I find on ebay seem to have two wires and I've no idea what they are for! Lol

total waste of time & money I've got 2 of them chucked in box utter rubbish.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Damn! I'm sad every time one of you guys says that as I really want one :(