Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
cdti remapping? astra 2

Astra 2.0 CDTI remapping?
Hello, I've been quoted £175 for a custom remap taking my car to 185bhp and 400nm of tourque. Anyone had this done and any ideas what the mpg is like?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
That seems very cheap for a remap. I know the 2.0cdti engine has security ECU which only some companies can unlock.

@tottybye has had his 2.0cdti remapped.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I've shopped around as well, same remap £120 but it's 60 miles away in Dorset lol

I'm from Bournemouth, Dorset and not found anywhere that cheap cheapest is around £380 as those that can say it can be done need the car for 3 days as the ECU needs to be sent away.

But if you have a link or something could you share it please mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
It's a company on facebook.    

The one for £175 is TP Mobile Mechanic and & Remapping based in Honiton. 07745567134

Have u actually spoken to them? And told them its an astra J? You may find the price will differ if you contact them
Yeah provided my number plate. Came back with its current BHP and torque. Then what it would be after the remap.

Go for it then pal, seems a bargain! Do you know anyone else thats used them? Any feedback of previous work?
Cool thanks mate I've sent them a message on Facebook they only a 15 min drive away.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Id personally want some client feedback as mentioned. There are good and bad maps, I have a disk full of generic maps, but wouldnt dream of using any of them. Ideally, the car wants to be mapped live, driving round or atleast on rollers, anyone who plugs it in on ya drive and uploads a map, is using a generic map, and as you know, no 2 engines are exactly the same. Ive seen alot go bad over the years, even recently my mate has just had his 2nd turbo fitted on his 64 insignia sri cdti, hes not bothered as its a mobility car, but its only developed probs after the map. Usually its around £350 for a remap from a reputable company, as the software of a decent map isnt cheap! Anyone can buy generic maps who owns a laptop, and as remaps are at a popular high these days due to everyone going diesel for the tunability, theres alot of cowboys jumping on the bandwagon.
Remeber aswell, if your cars still under warranty, its wont be after the remap!
Yes Bloopeta that's why I've been holding off a DPF delete and remap, although the warranty isn't really worth the paper it's written on.

I also want to really find a good company close to home so that if anything does go wrong it's easier to get there.

The guy on Facebook says he has no data on the S/S engine also, he also states he does not do generic maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hmmm mine is the S/S engine but he never mentioned that but I thought a numberplate check would have shown it.

@Bloopeta will do some searching and hopefully find someone who's used him before

i would steer well clear sounds to cheap mobile tuners are never the best
and as said there is no way he can prove what extra BHP etc
he has given you and also any update from the dealers will remove the map for good
i really don't recommend it

go for the IPF flash or superchips bluefin as they are tried and tested
and removable maps or go to a reputable tuner with a rolling road
as they will give you the exact improvement on paper after a test run
Will have a look elsewhere then. Had a look on the bluefin site and it only shows the 1.7 cdti or GTC?    

Ignore that last one.. went to the site from a search and only had those options. Started from scratch and mines there lol

Whats the BHP increase on the bluefin? Last time I looked at one was only 25bhp :/

Has the advantage of being abke to add and remove map as needed, but a 10 bhp reduction compared to a remap is quite a loss
Yeah +25 according to the site.

give regal autosport a pm they do the IPF flash drive
removable map like the bluefin
they will be better than bluefin also
@tucpal will give them a shout. Cheers.

Just out of interest will most maps/tuning boxes/pedal box increase the possibility of any DPF issues? Just thinking usually maps can increase smoke/crap out the back so in turn clog up DPF quicker? I was looking at pedalbox on my 1.3 just out of interest but don't want to increase risk.

I have a pedal on mine and have no problems all the pedal box does is smooth out the flat spots it adds no BHP etc.

When I had the redbox on that also had no ill effects on the DPF.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Sounds too good to be true, however most companies map to around 200bhp and 450nm torque as standard, so why does his maps only raise bhp by 20?
Came across this earlier

http://passionford.com/forum/general-car...tices.html
Good read that thank you. Puts things into perspective.

(19:th-Sep-2015, 07:14:43)Rusty2009 Wrote: I have a pedal on mine and have no problems all the pedal box does is smooth out the flat spots it adds no BHP etc.

When I had the redbox on that also had no ill effects on the DPF.

Rusty, what kind of MPG you getting from the 2.0 diesel...and how many miles per tank...just asking as these cars are now becoming rather cheap and im thinking of getting rid of the GTD as someone has made me a silly offer for it which I cannot refuse
Round town I get 38-45mpg (more 38 if the wife uses it) on a run I can get 55-60mpg.

I only look at the range when I fill up and the most it ever says is 500.

I don't drive like a grandad.

The car does mostly town work too and I've not had a DPF issue.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
@Rusty2009 is this on a 2.0 CDTI?? Ours when full shows high 600's

Yeah mate 2.0CDTI 165ps s/s.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ah same as mine, will have to check now lol

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-A20D...4#pid20574
Anyone used these guys? http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and_van_...C2318.html

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra 1.6 CDTi Turbo Issues P2598 shaky411 1 2,541 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:24:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  2.0 CDTi Auto Gearbox Oil Change Dennis S 0 1,585 13:th-Aug-2021, 14:29:25
Last Post: Dennis S
  Vxr bumper on 5 door Astra j Sh4rk2007 10 8,077 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:25:04
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  New Battery for Astra J 2013 reg 1.7 diesel Galway11 6 3,589 13:th-May-2021, 11:38:55
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J 1.4T Exhaust help sammpennington 1 3,808 12:th-May-2021, 14:29:50
Last Post: azajus
  Astra j gtc modifications BillyBryan 2 1,899 9:th-May-2021, 17:15:36
Last Post: Spaghetti
  Astra J Fault code reader suggestions Euroshopper 1 2,036 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:50:12
  Astra j bonnet won't open help Paul in sheppy 2 2,164 17:th-Feb-2021, 13:13:46
Last Post: Paul in sheppy
  Astra J GTC PDC bracket milozic 5 2,506 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:39:35
  Astra J Rear Bench Seat Clip. MrScottyMan 1 1,830 24:th-Jan-2021, 14:44:22
Last Post: Jpbroad1970