Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
windows 10

windows 10
i did the free windows 10 update last night
wow what a job that was and not that easy to do
the problem was the macfee or any third party security software
will clash with the new firewall on windows 10
they now claim there firewall is the best and will not be compatible
with any other 3rd party security and they are no longer needed in windows 10
so if you try to download it with your third party security still on
you will have to force a re boot
but this makes windows 10 very slow and also it will give errors as they both clash
so after removing macfee or any third party security and the BT home hub app for some reason
everything now seems fine and much faster and all is now ok with windows 10
it is still a bit slow on start up but other wise now seems ok
coming from windows 7 as i resisted windows 8 for so long
but now its time to catch up with this free new update.
more updates for windows 10 are on the way also to fix any other bugs I believe

anyone else had any problems with it
that is if you have done it or even want it lol.
I don't like how when your browsing that bloody cortana thing pops up asking what it can do for you.... Nothing, go away!

It's still an improvement on windows 8! Looks alot tidier

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
you can disable it in the settings I have it turned off
it is ok but not as good as the iPhone one but it will most likely
get improved as time goes on.
I had a laptop that was next to useless, slow, full of crap. Thought give windows 10 a go. Installed it and it's like a new PC, works well, loads up quicker and no bugs.

Got another laptop running 8.1 but have no option to upgrade.
IMHO Windows 10 is utter rubbish as was 8/8.1 installed 8.1 and wiped it off within 10mins.

10 did look and feel better than 8 but again I wiped it off, they have just gone way too far with it and there is so much you can't within 10.

I'll stick with XP Pro (needed for running the GM stuff) and my windows7 ultimate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
The problem with both 8 & 10 is that is designed for touch devices. It can be quite cumbersome on a standard pc

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
10 seems better than 8 with that respect but totality agree there with that
I have got the hang of it now after a good day playing about with it
load up has now improved and over all I find it fast and easy to use
found all the control panels downloads etc also
10 is way better then 8 but i did and still prefer 7. with 10 you have to install updates for everything and cant pick and choose which updates you want to install
I noticed that today with an apple update I had to manually do it but I do believe this issue will be done at some point as usual windows realise it before it is fully done and tested
There is an option to turn on fast start up, I have that enabled and loads very fast. Only problem I had was it doesn't power off properly with mouse plugged in my laptop, have to remove usb otherwise power light stays on as if it's on but with a black screen. I don't use Edge and have cortana disabled. I can't fault it for what I use it for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it has all gone very wrong indeed
???

Today I was using Microsoft edge did a search for amc studios and as I pressed the link a pop up mail wear virus pops up phone this number and frozen internet not able to do anything on it I ran windows defender to look for virus and mail wear etc and it found nothing at all all ok but Microsoft edge was still frozen got on google and uploaded mail wear bites and ran it no faults tried others and nothing still there did a google search and found many have had this problem with windows 10 so I can only conclude that windows defender is next to useless so sod that I followed how to revert it back to windows 7 pressed restore as they said and now my computer is stuck in reboot blue screen it will not restart went back to the Microsoft forum and guess what there are loads of others also that have tried to turn it back there is a fault or something and no fix as yet so my computer is now dead useless not only is it not safe to use and not compatible with any third party security it will render you pc useless if you turn it back I am bloody fuming also they are taking no responsibility for this issue so now I have to take it to a tec and pay to have it fixed and get it working and get windows 7 put back on utter crap I was starting to like it but I could not trust there windows defender and now I have a major problem not happy at all
Oh wow, I turned it back to 8.1 as I thought it was a problem turning off properly, but after I turned back I noticed it was just cause mouse was plugged in! I had no problem turning it back! Sorry to hear that you're stuck! What a pile of crap that they ain't taking responsibility for it, however I have amg and superantispyware installed so hopefully won't have any problem, plus I never use edge, only chrome.

Do you have a windows7 disc? If so you could try and repair it from that or failing that the best thing would really be a clean install of windows7.

My sister couldn't get internet via W10 even after I found her a driver for it, she had no problem going back to W7 tho.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
No disc it was installed on the PC they say I can download windows 10 on another pc from them to a dongle and then try a forced boot to my pc this will hopefully get it back to windows 10 if I want 7 back I have to then try again to revert it back they say they are working on a fix but don't know when it will be done god this sucks
Yeah I downloaded the DVD version of the discs. I never update an OS always do a clean install.

Mind you I do have 5 Hard drives in my PC.

1 stores all pictures documents etc one for each OS I'm running the others for movies music software backups etc & a spare in-case I fill one up.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
It had been wiped I can only reinstall windows 10 that is there solution I have to download it off another pc on a dongle and try a clean boot and I wont be able to revert back to windows 7 ever or recover my bata etc this sucks I will give it a go tonight really don't download it its crap and not safe to use there web browser is utter rubbish lets virus through Windows defender is useless