Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
s progress bhalay207 thread

Bhalay207's Progress thread
Well not really an update as such but thought I'd post for my own timeline benefit. Somebody kindly decided to go into the back of me last week damaging the bumper. I dropped it off at Vauxhall bodyshop on Friday under the insurance and have currently got this little number to drive around in

Must say, I absolutely love the ride height and after a day or so of driving it, I can see why people have large 4x4s. See a part exchange on the horizon lol

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Makes a change hope you get your car sorted or did I hear its a wright off
Think that was somebody else's mate. Mine needs a new bumper which is being done. The beauty is I'm going to Weymouth tomorrow and then Woolacombe on Friday then back up to Derby so that's a thousand miles saved on my car. Still find it strange the bodyshop and insurance booked it in for a Friday know I'm away for a week on the following Monday.

(31:st-Jul-2016, 14:12:28)bhalay207 Wrote: Think that was somebody else's mate. Mine needs a new bumper which is being done. The beauty is I'm going to Weymouth tomorrow and then Woolacombe on Friday then back up to Derby so that's a thousand miles saved on my car. Still find it strange the bodyshop and insurance booked it in for a Friday know I'm away for a week on the following Monday.

Have a nice to Weymouth, the weather isn't looking to good down here at the mo tho.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Must be something in the air; someone hit my car so that's in being fixed... since then I've had a weeks holiday in Cornwall in the hire Avensis lol thank goodness the amount of bushes I've gone into on those windy roads!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
(31:st-Jul-2016, 16:49:17)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(31:st-Jul-2016, 14:12:28)bhalay207 Wrote: Think that was somebody else's mate. Mine needs a new bumper which is being done. The beauty is I'm going to Weymouth tomorrow and then Woolacombe on Friday then back up to Derby so that's a thousand miles saved on my car. Still find it strange the bodyshop and insurance booked it in for a Friday know I'm away for a week on the following Monday.

Have a nice to Weymouth, the weather isn't looking to good down here at the mo tho.
Oh no, don't tell me that! We're staying at Haven until Friday and then moving onto Woolacombe for the weekend.

(31:st-Jul-2016, 17:39:13)J1ODYA Wrote: Must be something in the air; someone hit my car so that's in being fixed... since then I've had a weeks holiday in Cornwall in the hire Avensis lol thank goodness the amount of bushes I've gone into on those windy roads!

Must be. Worst thing is she tried to say that the damage was old and started to walk back towards her car.

That's what we're doing, taking the Rav 4 for the week. Quite happy to use that and not mine.

I can beat you on that, the guy who hit my car in a car park was driving off & I ran after him lol cheeky.

Hope your car is less mundane than mine, it is so dull I keep losing it in car parks lol

Using Tapatalk
(31:st-Jul-2016, 21:08:12)J1ODYA Wrote: I can beat you on that, the guy who hit my car in a car park was driving off & I ran after him lol cheeky.

Hope your car is less mundane than mine, it is so dull I keep losing it in car parks lol

Haha, gave it legs did you!

Mines alright to be fair. You can't miss it if you wanted to, it's colossal! Who's yours through, Enterprise?

Well all I can say is I'm glad I paid to reduce the excess to £0 as this happened today.....

Unlucky
Erm I don't know the company... ha £500 excess don't scare me... just hope they don't notice the chipped windscreen, car park dint in door & bush scratch along passenger side!

Using Tapatalk
Nothing in the way of mods but a good clean was needed so off I set with snowfoam, clay bar, demonshine (don't roast me, I did intend to properly polish but lost the will after 3hrs) and rainex'd the windows and she's all shiny and fresh again.

Cheeky beading shot

Hey mate! How much was the camera, any links and also do you have any pics of it installed? Ta

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I can get you a link. It worked out at £40. I've put some pics on your thread mate

Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk
cheers mate! it does look very good but just not what I'm after at present

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Well, she hit the big 60 today. So annoyed that I missed it by 2 miles but hey, nevermind.

Ha halfway to my score lol

Using Tapatalk
I'm not into replacing bulbs just for the sake of it as they prove quite expensive, however one blowing gave me an excuse to get some new ones.

I thought I'd try the Phillips 130% brighter range out. Managed to pick them up for £15.77 which considering they sell for upwards of £25 in most places, I was happy with. Time to see what the fuss is all about with these bulbs

So what feels like a lifetime since I did anything to the Astra, and I'll be honest I've started to fall out of love with it, I've decided to sink some money into it and try to revive the love I once had....shouldn't be hard...I hope.

Anyway, latest mod which will be completed tomorrow: Leather!

I've spent over 3hrs cleaning with soap and hot water it as it was minging. One thing that is bugging me is the bits that get caught in the holes of the leather face. How do you guys deal with this on yours?

I need to give it another going over before it goes in the car tomorrow as they are still not 100%. What product/household cleaner would you recommend?

Finally, the rear door cards are for electric rears and not manuals like in my car. I've seen the position that I should use to make a hole for the winders. Any advice for doing that as I don't want to wreck the door card.

Looks like I'm back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So today's job is 80% complete. I've had to hold off completing it fully due to the horrific weather we had in Derby today. I clearly need my head examining for even thinking of doing it in torrential rain haha. Anyway, competed pics

Very nice. tried to get the same past my wife but I failed....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

Haha, I mentioned them on the Sunday night to my other half and then brought them on Monday, collected on Tuesday. Brave or stupid haha

Completed the leather install. All that I was waiting on was the door cards. I had to convert the electric rear cards to fit my manual doors. Easy enough with the measure twice cut once mindset. Happy with the results.

Much better well done

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 38,705 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 174,080 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 90,576 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,415 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,130 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 41,008 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread sparkyscfc74 485 556,636 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:24:38
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 13,479 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,483 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun
  Progress Thread Conor97 Conor97 28 12,698 9:th-Sep-2018, 19:37:44
Last Post: Conor97

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
iNeoTom (4:th-Mar-2024, 21:47:00)