Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
parts end front

front end parts
Looking for front end parts for a facelift J, need -

Bonnet
Slam Panel
Crossmember/crash bar/bumper reinforcement bar
Passenger side headlamp panel
Both headlights, black insert / smoked
Radiator pack 1.7 CDTI
Windscreen washer bottle
Passenger wing
you should start a little progress thread
we are always here to help you along the way also
I have a wash bottle somewhere just need to find it.

Why not install after market headlight with LED DRL and Projectors then fit a HID kit, I think most would recommend this route as the Halogen headlights are rubbish.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
agreed there try these they work out cheaper then most used ones

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRL-xenon-look...3f43000424
(3:rd-Aug-2015, 12:14:24)tucpal Wrote: you should start a little progress thread
we are always here to help you along the way also

I will do mate once I get started with it

(3:rd-Aug-2015, 12:38:04)Rusty2009 Wrote: I have a wash bottle somewhere just need to find it.

Why not install after market headlight with LED DRL and Projectors then fit a HID kit, I think most would recommend this route as the Halogen headlights are rubbish.

Im just wanting standard ones pal, a headlights a headlight to me
Look for a used set as most new ones you see on ebay are LHD light Patten
Ah I see, thanks for the heads up pal
Take it from someone who drives a fair bit at night... The standard headlights are utter crap! They light up majority of the floor as opposed to what's ahead of you.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Have sourced headlights
There's a start got any pics of the car as it is now is this just a bumper damaged cat D easy fix or is there body damage also wings etc
Light front, cat c, airbags have deployed, straight forward repair

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ouch that's took a whack. Be interesting to see the process on this. Nice to see a J saved from breaking!

Looks worse than it is, just a bit of bent metal ha. Still starts n drives fine. Repaired alot worse, although this is my first go at a J, lost count of how many Gs n Hs ive done over the years, made a good living off Gs at one point. First car I ever repaired was a 52 plate 1.7cdti eco 4, think was about 2 year old at time. They took a bit more effort tho, was no bolt on crash cans n slam panels n stuff, was all welded. Crash can crumpled on a G, ya had to chop the end of chassis leg and weld a section in from a donor
Now have rad pack and headlights, still need

Bonnet
Slam Panel
Crossmember/crash bar/bumper reinforcement bar
Passenger side headlamp panel
Slam panel
Windscreen washer bottle
Passenger wing
airbag kit inc. Dash and seatbelts
This can be closed now, decided since I dont have the time to do it, I swapped it. Lad who has it now is panelin it up as we speak
I thought it was my J then until you mentioned 1.7 aha
Haha no mate, ive had that since about June, and never got round to doing it, so let it go to a mate wholl give it a good home, his mams 207 that shes had since 2008 is on its last legs, so ive let him have that to do for her as a replacement
I think a 207 comes out of the factory on its last legs doesn't it?

Haha proably mate, tbf its served her well. And as the astra only has 28k on, I cant see it ever topping 100k. Only hope the dpf is ok with her just doing town driving :/
I do town driving all the time and mines fine as long as you let it regen

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VXR front seats baicu 1 861 2:nd-Apr-2024, 18:52:29
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Manchester front/rear bumpers Abubokkor 0 2,060 13:th-Sep-2020, 15:18:02
Last Post: Abubokkor
  Front/rear bumpers and chrome trims Abubokkor 4 2,932 12:th-Sep-2020, 02:07:16
Last Post: Abubokkor
  2010 SRI front bumper with PDC LancerFQ 2 3,825 6:th-Aug-2018, 14:34:34
Last Post: LancerFQ
  Pair of front headlamps Jake 1 4,077 5:th-May-2018, 06:10:22
Last Post: Rusty2009
  front bumper wanted niteram 1 3,950 5:th-Jan-2018, 22:32:07
Last Post: niteram
  Parts needed Sh4rk2007 0 3,069 28:th-Jun-2017, 18:24:55
Last Post: Sh4rk2007
  Infinity sound system parts Rusty2009 4 5,825 10:th-Nov-2016, 08:37:46
Last Post: stigeye
  GTC parts wanted marc 1 4,245 17:th-Oct-2016, 17:13:39