Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
purge oil

Oil purge
So my Astras booked in on Thursday to have its service and like last year they offered to do the oil and fuel purge for £18, anyone had this done and is it worth it? Doubt I'd be able to tell if it's been done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
What is that?

Lady said its recommended each year (of course they do!!) and after they've drained oil out they flush system through so the new oil is going into a nearly new engine. Same with the fuel.

Using Tapatalk
i have had an oil clean before but i am sure with the fuel clean they just add a cleaner to the fuel
Is that not what ed china advertises on telly? Terra clean or somthing like that.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
sure they just use a fuel cleaner additive when they did my car
i would ask
Terra clean is totally different and cost alot more than the can of additive they chuck in the tank.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Worth the £18 they are asking? Is there anyway I can tell it's been done?

Using Tapatalk
What you got petrol
Or diesel?

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Diesel mate, 1.7cdti

Using Tapatalk
This stuff is the best I've found,

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...ID=EBAY-GB

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I clean my fule tank every three months

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  liqui moly diesel purge rbull51 4 4,820 1:st-Dec-2016, 22:39:07
Last Post: tucpal