Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
a clean quick sunday

A quick sunday clean
Well had a couple of spare so thought I'd give it a quick clean.

Hoovered it out and treated the seats

Gave the wheels a good wash with wheel cleaner and treated with Autoglym wheel sealant.

Washed it and then used autoglm aqua wax.

Then treated all the windows with wolf chemicals glass sealant.

Last but not least the sticker the wife got off ebay for me

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Looks nice mate

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Looks good.

Question. I've not got a couple spare and want to give the car a quick clean. I did the full works 2 weeks ago wash, clayed and waxed. So it's not to dirty.

Anyway this is getting far to long winded...... Will a car wash strip the wax off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I need that sticker car looks very good
(21:st-Jun-2015, 13:47:15)dutton84 Wrote: Looks good.

Question. I've not got a couple spare and want to give the car a quick clean. I did the full works 2 weeks ago wash, clayed and waxed. So it's not to dirty.

Anyway this is getting far to long winded...... Will a car wash strip the wax off?

Don't use a car wash...

Car looks lovely mate top job
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
From what i know if you go to any place that is has people operating it they will use a tfr. Most automatic car washes dont use a tfr and are a lot kinder to paint. ( i only say this as this is what a guy at our local imo told me when i asked). If you have a good layer of wax on can could only take you 20 mins to wash and dry.

Thought it might be a risk. So I just jet washed it at the garage instead. It's got water marks now. Think I'll just give it a proper wash and dry next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And thanks.

(21:st-Jun-2015, 15:20:41)dutton84 Wrote: Thought it might be a risk. So I just jet washed it at the garage instead. It's got water marks now. Think I'll just give it a proper wash and dry next time.

And thanks.

Have a look at this might help you out.

http://youtu.be/qQ32CqvgtMA

He likes saying 'coin wash' ha. Good video. Think I just need to dry it next time

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quick Detailer J4M13UK 3 4,473 16:th-Sep-2016, 09:55:27
Last Post: J4M13UK
  Afternoon clean. ac2709 4 4,701 30:th-Dec-2015, 21:12:11
Last Post: bhalay207
  A quick 3hour clean shaunwistow 20 11,622 9:th-Aug-2015, 16:54:22
Last Post: shaunwistow
  3 Hour Car Clean dutton84 2 4,244 10:th-Jun-2015, 21:55:21
Last Post: Tonto
  Clean Leather Seats sheppy1 4 15,021 10:th-Feb-2015, 18:24:45