Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
new site

New Site
Had a lot of problems since the new site was launched and am posting in here as , some threads seem to be "broken" to me . I'm unable to reply to threads that I started and unable to post a new thread in the servicing section . .

Anyway , I had a problem with rough running in my car between 1700-2000rpm . It transpired that two injectors were gubbed and the cylinder head gasket had gone between nos 3and 4 cylinders possibly caused by the faulty injector. .

The cylinder head was also damaged , adjacent to the spot where the head gasket had burst . .
Heard there's Mod's about. .
not good to hear that Simon is it all sorted now
rusty will look into that problem also for you
i know tapatalk is not the same anymore have you been using that to get on the forum ??
Cheers Pal . .

I don't know what tapatalk is , really . I think I'm just using IE . .

Car running better than ever but certainly a cautionary tale . The trade price for an injector is just over £200. Interestingly the car produced no fault codes despite two faulty injectors . I would encourage anyone not to use 6th gear if ever the engine drops below 2000 rpm , despite what the display maybe telling you . It is also worth noting that the supply pipes (spill hoses) to the injectors are very fragile , especially when the plastic connectors become brittle. .

I'm unlikely , to buy another car with this particular engine in it, ever . .
there are very brittle the injector hoses
the 1.7 has been discontinued now and replaced with the new 1.6 cdti
you will be the first i have head of this with injector trouble
but glad it is sorted out not a pleasant thing to happen
Indeed , sir . .

It has been a while . I had almost given up due to difficulties of access . .

Seems ok now and I'm almost over the cost of repairing the vehicle. .
Simon, Glad you got the problem sorted with the car.

I did look into the issue's you were having with the site and I did PM you back quite some time ago as I had no issue's access and using the site under your account.

I didn't use IE tho, could I suggest you try using goggle chrome or firefox?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.