Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
hello

Hello!

Hi All

Signed up yesterday as I kept finding myself coming back to this forum for pictures and know how! Some of the work you have done to the cars is excellent and its giving me way too many ideas on how to spend my money!!

I bought a 2011 Astra J Elite 2.0 CDTi Eco with S/S back in November with 34,000 miles on the clock and have already fitted one of those aftermarket Bluetooth units (eBay) which I have got on fine with to be honest. 

After a few days of research I've just purchased the cables and adapters necessary to provide a couple of powered usb sockets in the glove-box so I can power my in car camera and charge my phone with much neater wiring as I am fed up with my 12V adapter being full. May even write this up if people think it would be useful?

I actually have a question regarding this, can anyone tell me where a suitable ground point would be near the fuse box to hook the black wire onto? The unit I have bought is this USB Adapater and I will be using a piggyback adapter in the fuse box, on fuse 6 (20A 12V Cig Lighter socket)

Lastly I work in a Datacentre, hence the name DC_ELiTE so if you ever need any advice or help with the hosting here just let me know, id be more than happy to help. I actually haven't received any activation email yet from the forum, checked my spam filters and junk folders but nothing?

Cheers

Phil
Welcome Phil glad your getting inspiration and helpful info from the site
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Welcome glad you are finding the site useful.

There should be a nice bar behind the glove box that you can ground to will see if I can locate my picture.

Strange as it's not showing that any new members are still awaiting activation (which it only does until you've confirmed your email address by liking in the email.)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
here is the picture of the bar

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
welcome to vxoc
thanks guys for the welcomes. Hopefully expect a write up soon

P.s still not getting email alerts, any idea what I can do?

Thanks
(29:th-Apr-2015, 12:55:23)DC_ELiTE Wrote: thanks guys for the welcomes. Hopefully expect a write up soon

P.s still not getting email alerts, any idea what I can do?

Thanks

Have you checked your setting in your profile?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Welcome mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome mate

As promised I have now posted up a how to

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How-...hcam-phone