Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
s gtc cdti my sri cornishtaz

Cornishtaz's my GTC SRi CDTi
I know I no longer own this car but thought I'd put up a progress thread to give other members some ideasThe car is Power Red GTC CDTi SRiSight and lightBluetooth19'sLED rear lights1/2 Leather seatsThis was on collection day 23rd Dec 20111st couple of mods were silver tech indicator bulbs and polarg DRL bulbsThen came a set of GTC car matsThen she was lowered 30mmBeforeAfterThen the front grille was colour codedThe wheels were sprayed gloss black with black centre capsSome Heko wind deflectors I've also removed the rear CDTi badge and red detailed the GTC lettering on the fog surroundsSmoked side repeaters added a couple of weeks agoCollected today after having a VXR Spoiler fittedSome more pics(car is dirty sorry  )My latest editions are PIAA DRL's and modified 9006 5000k HID'sPIAA DRL'sHID'sSteinmetz front splitter and grill re-done satin black,if you look back to page 1 where I did the pics of the car lowered you'll see how much lower the splitter makes the car lookVXR styling rear bumper panel

Fitted some VXR interior[/url][url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/cornishtaz/media/Astra%20GTC/VXR%20Seats/DSC_0023_zps590b83f9.jpg.html]Had my side skirts and rear windows tinted in dark smokeRear tintsGloss black wheels have gone and replaced with VXR 20"sAnd I added a small gel sticker to the front splitter(in place of a steinmetz one)Also added electric fold mirrors as I was fed up with stretching across the car everytime I put the car in the garage also modified the covers to take some A4 led indicatorsA quick videoJust waiting for some gel GTC stickers to cover the hole that'll be left once the wing indicator is removedI had the shark fin colour codedI ve had a custom quad exit exhaust, the back panel is satin black and a [color=blue]Irmscher rear diffuser fitted and colour codedThis shows how much it sticks outI fitted some honeycomb grille meshSome better pics of the rear diffuserBetter pics of the homemade grilleMore VXRness add to the GTC this time with the earlier style Bi-Plane rear spoiler
Shame you swapped it mate you made a nice job on that car.

Still the VXR is coming on nicely too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
i remember it very well
all that hard work work payed off
and it certainty was in my book the best GTC around
real nice to see the old progress on it
and if anyone has any modding questions as you can see baz is the man to ask
Absolutely loved that car and I only saw it from pics can't wait to get mine like that.

Love your vxr are tho baz even more so with the new splitter and carbon bits

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Can i ask how you made the lower grill mesh please? I want to do the same
I used some of this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221533152369

Then removed the bumper and old lower grille. I then laid the mesh over the the bumper and trimmed to fit ensuring that the locating tabs line up with honeycomb holes. Once I was happy with fit and postioning I used some tiger seal on the tabs to hold the mesh in place.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(13:th-Jul-2016, 08:28:05)cornishtaz Wrote: I used some of this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221533152369

Then removed the bumper and old lower grille. I then laid the mesh over the the bumper and trimmed to fit ensuring that the locating tabs line up with honeycomb holes. Once I was happy with fit and postioning I used some tiger seal on the tabs to hold the mesh in place.

Thanks definately going to have  a go at this!
Can I ask when you put on LED OEM rear lights. Did you get new wiring for the lights or is it possible to alter the old wiring to work with LED Rear OEM lights.
I was wondering how much the led indicator mirror kit cost and was it a hard job to do?
(8:th-Aug-2016, 20:38:56)Hummelshøj Wrote: Can I ask when you put on LED OEM rear lights. Did you get new wiring for the lights or is it possible to alter the old wiring to work with LED Rear OEM lights.
The car came from the factory with LED lights. I know a couple of people have fitted them and there a straight swap.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(19:th-Aug-2016, 21:51:58)saas170208 Wrote: I was wondering how much the led indicator mirror kit cost and was it a hard job to do?
You need to find some Audi A4 led mirror indicators, then it's a matter of cutting the mirror cover and led housing to ensure a good fit. Once this is done you need to run the wiring to each mirror.

Its not a mod for the faint hearted as it's easy to mess up the cutting of the mirror covers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
looks quality mate.
How much did it cost you to lower it?
Springs cost me £155 and I fitted them myself

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(2:nd-Sep-2016, 14:19:04)cornishtaz Wrote: Springs cost me £155 and I fitted them myself

that not too bad, I don't think would be able to do on my own lol 

im looking at getting a spoiler 1st just looking for the right price (as im skint)
How much did you pay for this irmscher diffuser is version with parking sensor or without?
(30:th-Mar-2017, 19:21:55)Afus1987 Wrote: How much did you pay for this irmscher diffuser is version with parking sensor or without?
£300 without parking sensors version and £400 for parking sensor version.
Mine was without sensors version

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 90,586 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  My 2011 Astra J 2.0 CDTI SRI Jetcolour 58 14,367 15:th-Jan-2021, 11:07:16
Last Post: MarkAP68
  yessi's 2.0 cdti Atra J Elite yessi 27 10,350 1:st-Mar-2020, 20:05:36
Last Post: yessi
  Astra Elite Tourer 2.0 CDTI. Steveb19111978 67 25,671 25:th-Sep-2019, 18:39:00
Last Post: Steveb19111978
  Astra GTC Limied Edition CDTI 2.0 auto Mickey88 15 9,894 7:th-May-2019, 17:34:46
Last Post: Mickey88
  Astra J Sports Tourer SRI 2.0 CDTI AphoticSketch 4 4,970 12:th-Nov-2018, 10:29:03
Last Post: AphoticSketch
  Umognog's Astra Sports Tourer 2.0 CDTi SE umognog 101 27,871 30:th-Jun-2018, 20:24:35
Last Post: umognog
  My Insignia Elite, 2.0 CDTI. tucpal. tucpal 319 128,807 22:nd-May-2017, 15:03:34
Last Post: zzattack
  2.0 cdti astra GTC evo 7 6,234 13:th-Mar-2017, 19:27:55
Last Post: evo
  Hawki341's 2.0 CDTI Ecoflex Astra Elite Progress Hawki341 45 16,503 15:th-Dec-2016, 18:02:03
Last Post: Hawki341

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Darkrain82 (19:th-Dec-2023, 19:40:28)