Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
these? clued up anybody on

Anybody clued up on these?
Hi,

I was reading through Tucpals HID projector how to guide for the 1000th time and thiuht id look into some ready done projector lights. Ive come across these:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...70&alt=web

Price wise they are a little steep. Whats your thoughts on them?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 using Tapatalk
thats dewie Jordan nailors car on here i would go for them he seems very happy with them
and they are the only ones that are for RHD all the other are LHD
its a lot less hassle getting them
How does it compare cost wise?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 using Tapatalk
you should buy a spare set of headlights for the retro fit
i would say the aftermarket work out cheaper and they have the LED DRL
you just need a H1 HID KIT to go with it and a lot less work
they were not out when i did the retro fit and there were no RHD ones anywhere
I think the retrofit ones look better than the aftermarket.
I'm fussing the headlight levelling doesn't work on the retrofit though.
yes it still works with the Manuel leveling but it is not auto leveling
You mean the switch inside still works?
yes mate
In that case the retrofit got to be the better choice as looks soooo good. Any problems at MOT?
Righty ho; time for me to blow the spray from my fountain of knowledge towards you guys.
I've had the aftermarket Xenons as linked above in mine for 6 months now and I've never looked back. The DRLs look far superior to any standard Vauxhall unit, the look incredible when fitted with a good HID kit and everything works on them including the levelling. I also think it has a certain degree of self levelling as if your stopped on an incline in traffic, you can see them moving down and then they move back up again and I won't have touched the switch although you can do that too.
The price is a little steep but when they arrive it's a lot of item for your money ad they are very well built. I believe I've seen them for 320 somewhere.

If you want pics or any other info, then feel free to ask in a PM or on here

(it's so much easier than a OEM retrofit as there is £900 worth of parts to get it to work never mind the having to make your own new wiring looms etc, and fitting projectors into the original lights looks like a lot off faff melting glue and grinding it all out etc. But I'm a guy who just wants to take the old thing out, put the new ones in and have it working in 30 mins)

Regards.
Jordan
Vauxhall Astra J/Mk6 SRi VX-Line 1.6 Turbo 5-door
Mods to date:
VXR 18" alloy wheels wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza S001 225/40/R18 tyres - K&N Panel filter - Pipewerx Custom 3" stainless steel cat-back (with 2nd cat removal) exhaust system - Rear window tints - EBC Grooved front 300mm brake disks with yellowstuff road/race brake pads - Xenon/LED DRL full headlight conversion - Full leather - Custom ADE Tuning dyno remap 245.9bhp / 280lb-ft
cheers for the info mate that should answer his question

with the retro fit i have had no problem with the MOT i had But it does not mean i may not in the future
Cheers for that mate, very informative. I'd love to see some pictures of them if you have some.

Probably start saving lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
there are some in his progress thread here

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Prog...dan-Naylor