Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
with help this needed mess

help needed with this mess!
driving to work the other day my car developed a really annoying dash rattle. After looking at this forum I decided to inspect the sub woofer compartment. To my surprise I found a speaker in there. To my horror I found that the wires had been cut and there were no screws.

The wiring to the car appears to havery female spade connectors however the plug to the speak has two stumpy wires meaning I'm going to struggle to use it.

How would you guys go about fixing this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]519[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]520[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521[/ATTACH]

I hate bodges... even less when it's on my new car!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Someone's fitted an aftermarket speaker mate you could upgrade the speaker or you could join the wires back together, quickest option buy a better speaker.

Can't believe they was to lazy to leave the screws out tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I can't believe they've just hacked the end off with no useable wire left. I don't want to replace the speakers just yet so I'm going to try and use the standard one for now. That said I don't think I can use this plug so will have to hunt for another one
You will pay though the nose there is just enough wire left for you to rejoin them tho mate.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Grab some female spades from halfords and crimp them on and plug them into the males

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I thought that but there isn't enough wire. I may have to dig my soldering iron out from where ever it's hiding. Some people just don't think lol
agree there someone has had a different speaker in there
solder them together and shrink wrap the wires there looks just enough to do that

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
exhippykev (4:th-Jul-2023, 20:41:54)