Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
new car

New Car
Ok so here is some pictures of my new car.

Although looks nice it come with a list of issues and thinking of just returning it I can be dealing with all this ***** again.

List as follows
- Never had a service for over three and half years, when they do service all they done was replace air flow element.
- Heated seats don't work
- scratches on the dash and glove box
- Oil leak
- Engine making a strange noise now and again, cant imagine how to describe it.
- Lied about the after market button, which is tied into the alarm system which came with the car.
- Boot carpet is all over the place, which don't stay put when you lift it.
- Flip key stays open, will not stay down.
- Tears in the rear of passenger seat
- Motor gone in the drivers mirror

not ever having had a service is not grate
how did you buy this car did you view it and buy it or did you do it over the net
returning it is going to be tricky with out taking a loss
the car does look good but as you say there are things that need sorting out
IT was through the car shop so returning wouldn't be an issue as long i do it withing 7days of licking car up

oh and turns out they want to do the service and repairs i requested. Even though I requested Vauxhall to do them.
well if you are having feelings it should go back then get it done before you run out of time
Car looks good apart from the few minor issues. Service issues easily sorted as are minor paint imperfections. Interior plastic scratches and carper will be the hardest to fix. At least they've offered to sort the problems out.

This is the reason why I hate car supermarkets most are ex-lease cars or repossessions and they make the 2nd hand car market for the private seller a nightmare.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I did say to Lewis these car supermarkets get the crap nobody else wants but I guess it's what suits your budget etc.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
The problems can all be fixed Lewis but just make sure you are happy living with a mistake can be hard
The oil leak is a seal on the boost pipe I think another had a similar issue think they said tge seal waa only a few quid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks for your comments gents. I said to them on the phone, If i don't hear from you with a date to take it to Vauxhall I will be returning the car monday.
Guess what i have heard nothing. So I will take it back Monday. Im due some compo, once i get that might get a brand new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if you are not happy then it is for the best
nothing worse than not being happy and i am sure you will find a minter out there
give me a pm with your budget etc and what you want and i will have a good look around
there are loads out there
Thanks for help mate :-)

I'm happy to pop along with you to look at a potential future purchase
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheers mate :-)

very good idea that to have someone else help you out
It's a lot of money to spend on something your not happy about. I personally would take it back based on the length of the list.
Well turns out i cant take it back. As i would have to have £2,500 to pay off all the debt and walk away. Yet i dont have that in the bank. So I'm stuck with this ****ing car now :-( not happy at all

Wow. Feel for you mate. Can the resolve the issues?
Possibly mate going there tomorrow

What was wrong with your old motor?
get them to fix the issues or demand a replacement you do have wrights under the good act if you are not happy with in a time limit
Hi mate, unfortunately under the sales of goods act buying second hand means u have less protection. But what I will say (and I've used this to return a used car a few years ago) that the car was not what they said. I.e did they say it's got full service history? If you asked if there's any engine noises and they say no? You are only entitled to a refund f the car was sold not as advertised. But, they will try and do the repairs so they keep all your money and they only lose what ever the repairs were. Stand your ground that you have spoken to cab, and put your concerns in a letter sent recorded delivery. You will be suprised by what will happen. I threatened to go to watchdog and they had be back in with the car even quicker. Good luck mate

Using Tapatalk

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Astragtc1282 (24:th-Jan-2024, 17:17:45)