Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
vanity visor mirror

Vanity Mirror/Visor
Hi All,

The sun visor I currently have in the driver side of the car doesn't have a mirror in it and the one in the passenger side of the car doesn't have lights in it but does have the mirror...is there any way to get new visors so that the driver side has a mirror and the passenger side has lights?

Thanks

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I have a pass and driver side here both with mirror and lights, in beige (I've gone black now)

Will get you some pics and price tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
You're the man! Thanks dude! do they leds in then or will I need to source them myself? For the led conversion I'm doing on the interior hehe. I keep finding more and more work I wanna do!!!! Lol

Lol I moved the LEDS over to my new ones mate but these are the ones I used £2.99 for 2.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1043024683

Once you start you don't stop.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
You're right! I thought id make this list of about 6 things and make my way through and that would be that but every time I do one job I add another two to the list! Haha

Thanks mate is there a guide for how to remove the current ones?

Haha that's the fun of modding.

There will be I did take pics just never did the write up.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Okie dokie, again thanks a million! This forum rocks! will be paying to become a proper paid member soon too love this forum

Your welcome we aim to please

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
As promised here are the pics.

I'll do them for £65 posted mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
More expensive than I thought tbh but I do want them are they easy to fit?

Also why are there three of them mate?

for the power for the lights
New you are looking at £140+ mate.

real easy to fit 3 screws the wire for lights should be in the roof lining.

there is only 2 I've just taken a pic of the mirror covered and uncovered also a pic of the back.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
How do you get to the plug in the roof wiring though? And again you posted three photos of three different visors and one is just the plain one I already have, am I missing something?

The wire fits through the hole mate, I'll sort the how-to out tomorrow.

Pic are as follows.

1. Visors with mirror flaps shut.
2. Visors with mirror flaps open.
3. Back of visors this is what you see when they folded closed in the car.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Haha I'm such an idiot! Thanks mate for clearing that up yeah I'll take them then. Can you wait until 20th this month though? That's when I get paid.

Thanks

no problem mate in no rush.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks dude! Just didn't want you to sell them to someone else :P

Shh don't tell the others or I'll get in trouble for not putting them in the for sale section and I didn't put my username and date in the pictures
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Oh yeah!!! Well you have 24 hours to get a new picture up with your name in it hehe

Rusty2009 Wrote:Shh don't tell the others or I'll get in trouble for not putting them in the for sale section and I didn't put my username and date in the pictures

I'll be a good boy and put them in the for section tomorrow with a new pic, got some other bits to put up.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Oooo looking forward to seeing which other bits you have! And didn't know you needed to put it in the for sale section when I've agreed to buy it :P

I'll do it and mark as sold I set the rules so I must follow them otherwise I can't tell others off.

Although I always tell the kids do as I say not as I do.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Good point well made I'm gonna post my old door cards on here too I think, just need to take some photos of them with my name in the photo

sheppy1 Wrote:Oh yeah!!! Well you have 24 hours to get a new picture up with your name in it hehe

I was a good boy and done and put them in the right section too

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Part...e-for-sale
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
well done
Here you go mate how-to http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How-...Sun-visors
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers mate! You're a legend how do you get the new wire back up to to the lining and plugged in again though?

The same way it comes out mate a little tricky as you have to hold it up and then go through the other side get an extra pair of hands to hold the visor up.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I'm just confused as to how you get the wire through the roof lining and into its plug

Remove the centre console in the headliner
Okay cool think I get it, so I'd be able to feed the wire through the roof to the roof centre panel?

The plug is in between the hole it goes in and the centre console, I couldn't get any pics up there hence why there isn't any.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yeah makes sense, I was just wondering how I'd actually be able to plug it in without being able to see the plug and how I'd feed the wire into the roof lining and manoeuvre it into place that's all

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto-reverse mirror positions umognog 2 3,120 30:th-May-2019, 17:09:21
Last Post: zaapp
  Dimming Rear View Mirror MoosaM 1 3,746 21:st-Feb-2017, 08:05:31
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Auto Dimming Mirror Cover Lewis6317 25 13,691 9:th-Sep-2014, 12:44:03
Last Post: tucpal
  Mirror Covers Rusty2009 20 10,990 30:th-Mar-2014, 13:34:04
Last Post: tucpal

Who read this thread?