Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
email fake paypal

Paypal fake email
Yesterday I got email from "PayPal" saying I made a payment to skype for £39.00, I did not make this payment and there was nothing showing in my paypal acc to say that this payment had been made.

So all please be careful and if you receive an email from "PayPal" for a payment you haven't made DO NOT click on any links contained within the email just check your paypal acc if you still want to be put at ease just ring Paypal and speak to them.

here is a screen grab of the email I got.

Here is some info on how to spot a fake email from "Paypal"

Hi my name is Mark. Thank you for contacting PayPal about the fake or phishing email you have receive.
Here's additional information that may help you spot a fake email right away. Many Spoof emails will begin with a general greeting of "Dear PayPal User" rather than your first and last name.
Also, a PayPal email will NEVER ask you for any of the following:
• Bank account numbers
• Credit or debit card numbers
• Email addresses
• Your full name
• Your password, or answers to your PayPal account security questions
Always check for attachments. We'll never send an attachment or software updates to install on your computer. In fact, most Spoof emails will present you with a situation that tries to provoke you into immediate action this is called "scare tactics" - and usually recommends that you click on a link or download a form in the same email to dispute a transaction or provide the requested information as soon as possible.
You can protect yourself by ignoring the Spoof altogether. Vigilance is the best line of defense. Whenever you receive a suspicious email that claims to be from PayPal please forward the email to [EMAIL="spoof@paypal.co.uk"]spoof@paypal.co.uk[/EMAIL] and then delete it from your mailbox.
I hope this information helps. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. We will be more than willing to help.
Thank you for choosing PayPal.
Yours sincerely,
Mark
PayPal

Copyright  1999-2015 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
Socià en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
yes i have had a few from other supposed company's saying i have made payments to them
do not open the dispute as rusty says there are just after your details and password etc
thanks for the info rusty