Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
stone chips alloy wheels

Alloy wheels stone chips
I have noticed while washing my car that there are quite a few stone chips on my alloys and some rust specs on one. I will get some pics tomorrow. What kind of condition are yours in?

Car is a 63 plate with 13000 miles and the alloys are 19" sliver gtc ones.
i had my alloys powder coated as they were curbed to death by the wife
some types of alloys seen prone to stone chips a good alloy wheel cleaner usually clears up the rusty spots
but pics a must so we can see how bad they are
mine are marked near the spokes, pitted, i believe its called annoying, thinking of getting them refurbed, dont know if i want to change colour at the same time though
Just an update on this, I had a close look after cleaning my car and it looks like they have had the worlds worst refurb :(. I can see the original paint showing through the chips. I will be getting them refurbed myself at some point!
That's not good get them powder coated its much better quality

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alloy Wheel Size - Smaller traypaul 1 5,165 31:st-Oct-2020, 09:08:44
Last Post: Rusty2009
do biturbo steering wheels affect insurance mrtc 23 10,088 9:th-Jun-2016, 07:16:12
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Steering Wheels for the J Nemo 22 13,287 21:st-Jan-2016, 13:54:12
Last Post: Nemo
  Alloy wheels... ac2709 16 9,870 8:th-Jan-2016, 07:36:46
Last Post: J1ODYA
  Inexpensive wheels. . Simon Templar 6 5,599 6:th-Apr-2014, 13:13:30
Last Post: Simon Templar