Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
freeview tv

Freeview tv
Can't really afford SKY anymore so I need to move over over to freeview and I also need to change my broadband and home phone.

anybody else use freeview?

main thing I want to know with freeview is channels.

I enjoy history, Dave, Darma, Gold, discovery etc you do get them on freeview?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I have free view on my smart TV and it is not the best but it has DAVE and Quest and normal channels plus the HD channels etc
and i can record live TV pause etc And all the on demand services 4OD, BBC IPlayer and internet access etc.
i also have Now TV so i get sky movies, and the entertainment package sky one, Atlantic, Discovery, FOX, GOLD, LIVING, MTV, ARTS, COMEDY Central. and a few kids channels etc catch up and a few box sets, and on demand services and sky store etc.
so i can keep up to date with The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones and Movies etc
and i also use Netflix for some more Box Sets and more movies
so the all together cost for NOW TV and NETFLIX is £27 a month
but free view on its own you will be bored to death.

Have you told sky you want to leave they normally cut the cost to keep you there.

I can not get virgin as we have no cable so my home phone and internet are with BT infinity
no one can offer there broadband speeds by me that BT offer. sky and virgin Talk Talk do not come even close
with internet speeds so i can not get package deals for this reason.

But dont go for BT vision it is the worst thing ever unless you like sport
you pay for everything on there you get for free with free view and they lock you into 12 month contracts.
I spoke with SKY today mate normally I can get a deal from them for what I'm willing to pay even said right I'll cut down on what I got that saved £10 according to them which donest tally with my working outs, I told them I'll leave and they just ok.

i won't touch Virgin had too many problems with them in the past.

ive come across talk talk now for TV Broadband and phone £35 a month that includes sky1 etc, I will try sky again tomorrow and see how far I get, I've had it before where one person just won't do anything but get another person and they will do all they can to keep you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
One thing i found out was Amazon Prime is the worst thing ever you start the 30 day free trial
and after that they deduct £80 from your bank account and dont mention this at all to you
moves never seem to be updated and you have to pay for most things movies and box sets etc
that are free on NOW TV and Netflix the streaming from amazon is shocking it just buffers when you have payed for a download
Prime seems OK with the buffering issue but as soon as you pay to download the problem starts
many have encounter this issue and they really need to get there act together a very shocking experience and not recommended at all.
Also i know a few who use android TV and just watch everything for free
like this one. example only link for reference only.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...eakp7RCS1w

My brother does this i will get some more info to what BOX he exactly has but he pays for nothing at all and gets everything for free
Phoned sky 3 times today and they just won't budge on the price even if I cut what I get I save next to nothing.

Did sign up to talk talk but now I'm not sure on that idea it's so cheap it's bound to be crap, so I'm cancelling that tomorrow.

Think it will be chuck the TV in and just get a phone and broadband package.

I found that thing you were in about [MENTION=2]tucpal[/MENTION] for the PC but can't see how you get any TV channels on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
you download apps to it not to sure how legal they are thou

problem with talk talk may be adding moves extra programs etc will raise the price
Yeah downloaded the apps just ask to select steam location WTF.

Talktalk has been cancelled with no problems.

Sky on the other hand are trying to play games they've applied the offers to my account (without my consent) which means they have "re-contacted" me and I'm now in a fixed term contract with them, not having that so I've cancelled the DD and I've made a compliant which they are "looking into" which will take 7days, they seemed a little annoyed when I said I also have the calls recorded.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
they can be tricky when i was with talk talk years ago trying to cancel was a nightmare
i basically had to threaten them with legal action and then they closed it down
So I listened to my recordings with SKY and at no point did I tell them to go ahead with the deal they offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
After getting no call back from SKY I rang them this morning and could only get through to the payment team I explained everything to them and they agreed to cancel everything and also the close the acc then and then.

So I will not be on the forum too much while I try and source a new provider.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S