Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
hello from wolverhampton

hello from Wolverhampton
Hi, my first post. As an owner of a "regular red" GTC cdti 2.0 with 19" upgrade alloys and standard everything else I wondered what could be done to improve/ look after my new metal baby.
welcome lots of ideas on here for you
Welcome. There's alot you could do depends what it is you want to do.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'd love to do a HID conversation, but I'm worried about wearing the bulbs out when flashing when headlights off as the bulbs need a warm up. Of course I should retro fit the AFL's to be legal.
There are hid kids out there for this that do also do high beam.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Rusty2009 Wrote:There are hid kids out there for this that do also do high beam.
Would they have to have quick ballasts so when no lights on and I flash to let somebody past it fires up in time and does not burn out the bulbs?
I'm not too sure mate I will find a set tomorrow and post a link I've never used HID kits myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
check the how to on HIDS BAZ did on his GTC in the how to section
and the Projector HID retro fit i did for the 5 door there is a bit of info on a good HID kit in there.

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-GTC-HID-How-to

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Proj...a-j-5-door

TERMINATOR SLIM KIT from HIDS DIRECT i am using and is really good.
here you are mate, Take note this is not a 9006 kit but they do do the 9006 kit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Top-Quality-12...20f2bfc824
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
No that's a 55watt kit and will not be error free get the terminator slim kit from HIDS direct 35 watt
tucpal Wrote:No that's a 55watt kit and will not be error free get the terminator slim kit from HIDS direct 35 watt

There you go Tucpal I just linked this to show what I mean about the KIT that is made for main beam and high beam.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S