Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
hi all

Hi all
Found you after Googling about problems with my heated drivers seat. Had my 3rd year service and 1st mot on 29/9/14, and a few weeks later the heater starts switching off after a couple of minutes.
The dealer has confirmed that there is a notification from Vauxhall about this issue from May this year, but as the warranty has now expired, they are waiting for Vauxhall to decide what to do..

Google took me to your forum post about this issue, and seemed more informative than other sites I had come across, so thought I'd join up and keep current on issues and ideas from a like minded community.

I agree with some postings here, this Astra is the best car I've driven, in 30 years of driving. Unlike my previous cars, which include an 03 Vectra 2.2DTI, and 3 cavaliers before that, I'm never uncomfortable, and don't get tired, even after driving for 4 hours.

It's just a shame about the little issues, but most of my Vauxhall history has seen these surface...
welcome to vx.o.c

it is a problem the heated seats and what really gets my back up is that people have been having this problem since 2010
on the astra j and the insignia yet vauxhall seen none the wiser and seem to still be fitting faulty heated pads
i retro fitted the seats and after a year this has now happened to me and i am in the same boat
we have a thread here you can read up on

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Driv...urning-off
Welcome to VXOC glad you find the site useful.

I agree you don't get tired driving the J but the right leg does go dead after a couple of hours, which I never had with the veccy nor the zaffy.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.