Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
midlands newbie from

Newbie from Midlands
Hi all

I'm Ash from Chesterfield, currently driving a Mondeo ST but looking at getting a Astra VX Line in the next couple of months.

Nice little site you have here, and some lovely motors.

If I donate am I able to see the whole forum?

Cheers guys
Hi welcome to VX.O.C.

it done more on posts made what section are trying to get into?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I was hoping to view the traders section to speak to Andy about retro fitting sat nav
Hello and welcome. Can't recommend the Astra enough, great cars!
Ash Wrote:I was hoping to view the traders section to speak to Andy about retro fitting sat nav

Ill look tomorrow morning when at desktop.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
WhelanUK Wrote:Hello and welcome. Can't recommend the Astra enough, great cars!

If I can find one with the spec I want then I think it will be haha

Rusty2009 Wrote:Ill look tomorrow morning when at desktop.

Thank you
welcome to VX.O.C
What you after?
Ideally I'm looking for a 2.0 cdti with the VX LINE kit and sat nav and dab. Nothing major haha
Found some nice ones:

In white

In black
Black and white you will be forever cleaning it.

also notice they are £110 per year TAX my 2.0CDTI is only £30 came with stop/start and 17" alloys thou but might be worth considering getting one of them the VX-line side skirts do come up on eBay quite often for around £100.

Also might pay to look for one with AFL the halogen lights are crap as most people will confirm.

The J is a great car I got mine for the wife and by time she passed her test I wouldn't give it up to her and got her a 2nd pug 206 instead.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
WhelanUK Wrote:Found some nice ones:

In white

In black

Oh I've seen them. The White one is very nice especially with the built in sat nav, but that's why I need to know prices for retro fitting it, because i would love the car in red.
The black one is out of budget range, but the heated steering wheel would be a nice retro fit it is possible

Rusty2009 Wrote:Black and white you will be forever cleaning it.

also notice they are £110 per year TAX my 2.0CDTI is only £30 came with stop/start and 17" alloys thou but might be worth considering getting one of them the VX-line side skirts do come up on eBay quite often for around £100.

Also might pay to look for one with AFL the halogen lights are crap as most people will confirm.

The J is a great car I got mine for the wife and by time she passed her test I wouldn't give it up to her and got her a 2nd pug 206 instead.

I am aware that because of the larger diameter alloys it puts it into the higher tax bracket :(

AFL headlights are they projector? Do the Astra's even offer xenon?

A big thing I will miss from my car is the heated half leathers, again only available in full leather,
Should be able to access the trader section I made an error when applying permissions as some you could see and others you couldn't.

Yes mate the J's come with xenon's I've just retrofitted the AFL system, find one with them will be hard.

You can pick up a full leather interior for around £500 and then you can have a warm butt again.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:Should be able to access the trader section I made an error when applying permissions as some you could see and others you couldn't.

Yes mate the J's come with xenon's I've just retrofitted the AFL system, find one with them will be hard.

You can pick up a full leather interior for around £500 and then you can have a warm butt again.

Cheers, I can see it now. Will read up on the other retrofits and possibly drop Andy a msg.

How much we talking for AFL retrofitted?

Unsure about full leather, bet it's not cooled is it?
no not cooled but you get electric lumber support and heated seats with the leather
a SAT NAV VXLINE is well worth finding one
whats your budget
Afl is not cheap to retrofit 2nd hand parts are hard to come by.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
there is a nice one here

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/a...?logcode=p
Here are a few for you

none of them a navi fitted, but let us know your price range location and how your willing to travel.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
This is a members car

has nav but no vxline.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
but that has left hand drive head lamps i would not drive that at knight
tucpal Wrote:no not cooled but you get electric lumber support and heated seats with the leather
a SAT NAV VXLINE is well worth finding one
whats your budget

My budget is between £9500 and £10.5k really. The cheaper the car the more I have left for retro fitting lol

Rusty2009 Wrote:Afl is not cheap to retrofit 2nd hand parts are hard to come by.

Prob something i will have to pass on, although I know when I buy the car I will wish I had it lOk

I must say your very helpful on here

How hard is it to fit the side skirts?
5 minutes per side just a few screws and then bond it on
Seems simple enough then.

Just can't wait till the turn of the year when I will be able to go buy one (orders of the other half lol)
tell her you never had any toys for xmas when you were a little boy
and this would really make up for all the lost Christmas presents you never had
Just get a car with all the options lol
Using Tapatalk
Welcome mate. Enjoy the site and your new motor.
J1ODYA Wrote:Just get a car with all the options lol

Easier said than done, but one with most is best

tucpal Wrote:tell her you never had any toys for xmas when you were a little boy
and this would really make up for all the lost Christmas presents you never had

Lol that won't work
Ash Wrote:My budget is between £9500 and £10.5k really. The cheaper the car the more I have left for retro fitting lol

I must say your very helpful on here

It might well pay just to keep an eye on the market and start looking hard once the funds are ready to be used I would image the VX-line is well sort after and may well be snapped up quite quickly.

We do try to be helpful
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie geoffsnook 1 1,535 12:th-Sep-2021, 13:25:41
Last Post: Rusty2009
  New newbie Gavinsig 4 2,432 8:th-Sep-2020, 09:24:37
Last Post: marktourino
  Newbie Nubby 1 2,202 20:th-Jul-2020, 07:00:41
  Newbie BazMB 2 2,713 2:nd-Jun-2020, 11:48:08
Last Post: BazMB
  Newbie! Stacker 5 2,991 25:th-May-2020, 16:13:52