Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
hello

Hello
Hi guys

I have just traded in from Astra H 1.7 cdti Breeze for a Astra J 1.7 cdti Sri 2010. So far Iam loving it and so happy I've upgraded.

My old H I did a few jobs which for a novice I was very pleased :-)

I added cruise, used opcom and installed a sat nav unit

I'm looking forward to firstly updating my DRL's and adding a sat nav on my Sri and reading this great newly found forum for help and advice

Andy
hi and welcome to vx.o.c

sat nav can be done now i did it and Andy from vxmods is the man to talk to on that one
for the DRL.S get the piaa
Welcome to VX.O.C lots of how-to's to get you going and once you start you won't stop.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hello and welcome, don't forget to upload some pictures!
Welcome matey.
Cheers guys

I've been searching all over for a sat nav unit.

I already have Dab (I think) and factory fitted Bluetooth. I want a unit that incorporates these two things and also displays current radio display and heater controls.
I've seen one from Driotwich but is £495, anyone point me cheaper with same specs?
if you go after market sat nav display you will most likely loose the factory bluetooth and DAB
as they are more than likely not compatible with the after market unit connect 2 have a new after market one out at the moment
that will keep the functions but you are best getting the factory nav fitted this will keep every thing factory
there is one on ebay at the moment http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2010-VAUXHALL-...43d168152b

and andy from vxmods can fit it
The newer aftermarket units will allow you to keep Bluetooth as to dab I don't know. the cheap Chinese unit sold by the likes of car vision are utter crap and I wouldn't recommend them.

if you wanted to take out the factory head unit Connects2 have two types of interface one like I have which will display all the vehicle settings from the screen above the radio, and the new one that display it on your headhunt screen instead.

It would mean a fascia etc the whole kit is about £150-£180 depending if anywhere is doing a sale, then your radio on top. can factory Bluetooth and dab work with an aftermarket radio, that I don't know as I haven't got them fitted but they most properly could.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.