Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
vxr upgrade interior

VXR interior upgrade
Today's job was to swap over my 2015 factory 'half leather' VXR seats with some 2016 'full leather' VXR seats

I started with the easy part - the rear seat. I removed the bottom section by pulling the rear clips free and then pulling the two front clips out. I then removed one of the side trims covering the outer pivot pin and using a screwdriver lifted the seat pin out of the chassis bracket. Then the larger section simply slides out of the centre bracket, so you can then remove the smaller section without removing the pivot trim. A 18mm socket soon had the seat belt undone.
To refit is a reverse of removal, except you need to remove the white retaining clips from the floorpan, take out the inner black clip from the outer white section, then fit the black clip to the new seat pin and finally slip the white outer piece over the black clip. Then the lower seat section simply clips back into place.

The full leather rears fitted

Next job was the front seats, simply remove the two Torq 50 screws and slide the seat backwards out of the floor pan retaining slots. Disconnect the battery for ten minutes before attempting to disconnect the seat wiring plug. If your astra has an alram then loosen the negative battery clamp, switch the ignition on and then off, within 15 seconds remove the loosened negative battery terminal.

One of each  

I took a photo of the seat wiring loom plugs, just in case anyone wanted one.

And finished, remember to reconnect the battery and follow the dash commands once the ignition is switched on - open and close the windows.

Everything works okay, except I think there is a fuse missing for the heated seat pads because the switches light up and I can hear a relay click when switched on or off. However they do not heat up.

I never bothered to swap over the 2016 door and quarter panels as they are identical to the 2015 items fitted at the factory.
so it seems I never waited long enough for the heated seat pads to warm up, so everything worked 'plug and play'
Was just going to say they take time on 1st plug in. I sat for 30 mins and nothing. Drove for 2 mins and my bum was on fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I finished off the interior yesterday by wrapping the outer dash vents in Piano black to match the rest of the interior pieces. I never liked the OEM chrome or matt black verions.

Hardest part was removing them without causing any damage.

Forgot to take a photo, will post one later.
I have a couple of Project threads on the z22se site, just in case you get bored and have a few hours spare

only a single page astra

51 pages vx220
I have been busy recently collecting parts for my next upgrade, probably not going to be the easiest of things to do and still a few months away from fitting it all.

A couple of teaser photos....

Original shark fin aerial on the left and the stripped down aerial cover waiting to be painted on the right (I have since had this part painted olympic white by my local bodyshop)

Huge headache caused by these, but hopefully now sorted.

I have started to fit the parts for my Navi950 Onstar install

First job was to fit the Navi shark fin, not a simple job on the GTC

The Navi shark fin fitted, only took four hours

To fit the shark fin you have to drop the headlining panel in the GTC, so you need to remove the coat hooks, sunvisor clips and the three screws holding the sunvisor to the roof panel - there are also a couple of clips which need releasing to allow the sunvisors to come away with the headlining panel, no need to remove the sunvisors from the headling panel

Rear seat has to be removed, then the quarter panel trim, a screw is underneath this blanking plug

then seat belt trim simply pulls off the lower clips and then slide out the two upper tabs

the rear of the quarter trim panel, to show the location of the clips

Behind the rear quarter trim panel is located the FM and DAB amplifiers, luckily for me my car already had these options installed at the factory

KB (driver side) and KC (passenger side) are the FM amplifiers

ZR - DAB

I have added the four additional wires required for the Onstar headlining panel buttons, these are genuine cables removed from another astra vxr

I also added the two Satnav / Onstar aerial wires, but forgot to take a photo, they were genuine cables and clipped into the bodyshell behind the headlining

swapping over the headlining wiring looms, only required for the Onstar buttons

and all finished, the three buttons are for Vauxhall Onstar

I ran the additional cables along the drivers sill, as per the original loom. I connected the Navi aerial cable to the footwell aerial junction mounting. The Onstar aerial goes underneath the drivers seat and joins to the dash loom underneath the centre console. The additioanl four wires for the Onstar buttons connect to the dash wiring loom at the connector behind the passenger kick panel - both a job for another day. So I left them underneath the drivers sill trim until I continue the install.

Had a little bit of spare time today, so I whipped out the front seats, centre console and glovebox, then added the new cables to the trunking going across the car. I installed the four Onstar wires into the main dash loom plug and they are also copied into another plug which sits behind the dash, so those final connections will need to be completed when the dashboard is removed to swap the dash loom.
The Onstar aerial cable simply connects to the dash wiring loom underneath the centre console, so that was installed there.

The red circles indicate the connected Onstar cables and the remaining copied cables which will be connected once the dash is removed. You can see the wiring plug in the last photo in the above post, I believe it connects to the rear view mirror loom.

So all the additional cables have been run inside the original trunking and also taped to the original loom where possible. I am trying to do as neat an install as I can.

Very good mate !

Enviado do meu SM-T580 através de Tapatalk
Another small job I needed to do was to retrofit the OEM rear parking sensors I purchased from the same donor 2016 astra vxr as the rest of the parts. Only took me a couple of hours to complete.

This is the donor car

love the car , where did you buy the shark fin and cables ?, i dont have onstar ,my car is a 2015 model and i change the car radio to s160 and i want to fit a shark fin , do you if it will work ?
The shark fin came from the damaged blue car shown above, which was written off due to a bent body shell.

you can see it still attached in the picture below

Looks great mate,

I would love the LED rear lights off the donor car of my gtc!
Astra Gtc 2.0 cdti s/s 165bhp in Power Red
Mods: K&N air filter, Pedal Box, VXR LED rear clusters, alloy pedals & LED interior bulbs
(16:th-Mar-2017, 13:38:40)thebigman1106 Wrote: Looks great mate,

I would love the LED rear lights off the donor car of my gtc!

they will want top money for them, but  this is the breakers with the blue vxr - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...Swo4pYV-ys

ps: they did not edit the description on that link, it was for my interior and now it's just a dashboard lol
cool thanks for the pic , is the exhausts tips still on the car , i am just looking for the twin tips thanks
dose the damaged blue car have the rear diffuser ? thanks
(21:st-Mar-2017, 17:57:09)opelastra Wrote: dose the damaged blue car have the rear diffuser ? thanks

yes it does, the rear bumper is damaged so they will probably split it
So five hours later I have Navi 950 Intellilink installed 

Dash stripped out

Started at fuse box and worked my way across dash to the aerial cables, there are two looms in the picture

Dash going back in

And finally completed, just need to get the VCI stuff done and dust the dash lol

Just in case you wondered where the other four copied Onstar wires went, they connected to this plug on the passenger roof pillar

Impressive work!!!

wow some work fair play to you thats very impressives ,
could i buy off you the rear diffuser with twin exhaust just the exhaust tips from the blue car , How must will it cost ? thanks
The blue astra is owned by a breakers yard = Intapart in Davantry, give them a ring or send an email

This is their website http://intapart.com/

or ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...Sw2gxYzROv
I popped over to Rusty's place and he worked his magic on the Navi950 Intellilink, it required a VCI to allow it to work

(13:th-Apr-2017, 12:08:35)vocky Wrote: I popped over to Rusty's place and he worked his magic on the Navi950 Intellilink, it required a VCI to allow it to work

Still think we should of tested the SOS button  .

It was good to meet you & the better half.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Testing the SOS button ...... I had visions of Ambulances, Fire engines, etc, descending upon us

ps: I also had Rusty activate the rear Park Assist whilst he was working his magic.

I highly recommend Rusty for all your VCI and code reading needs

(20:th-Feb-2017, 09:20:16)vocky Wrote: Huge headache caused by these, but hopefully now sorted.

just in case this post puzzled you, they were for the Intellilink control module, which replaces the Bluetooth and USB modules
I remembered to try out the Navi 950 Intellilink 4G WiFi today ....

And that works too
(16:th-Apr-2017, 22:12:13)vocky Wrote: I remembered to try out the Navi 950 Intellilink 4G WiFi today ....

And that works too

sos button???? You need to know it works.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Not tested that button yet
Gunna have to do it eventually. I didn't think it's an immediate thing anyway. Should give you the option to cancel it

(24:th-Dec-2016, 14:02:13)vocky Wrote: Today's job was to swap over my 2015 factory 'half leather' VXR seats with some 2016 'full leather' VXR seats

I started with the easy part - the rear seat. I removed the bottom section by pulling the rear clips free and then pulling the two front clips out. I then removed one of the side trims covering the outer pivot pin and using a screwdriver lifted the seat pin out of the chassis bracket. Then the larger section simply slides out of the centre bracket, so you can then remove the smaller section without removing the pivot trim. A 18mm socket soon had the seat belt undone.
To refit is a reverse of removal, except you need to remove the white retaining clips from the floorpan, take out the inner black clip from the outer white section, then fit the black clip to the new seat pin and finally slip the white outer piece over the black clip. Then the lower seat section simply clips back into place.

The full leather rears fitted

Next job was the front seats, simply remove the two Torq 50 screws and slide the seat backwards out of the floor pan retaining slots. Disconnect the battery for ten minutes before attempting to disconnect the seat wiring plug. If your astra has an alram then loosen the negative battery clamp, switch the ignition on and then off, within 15 seconds remove the loosened negative battery terminal.

One of each  

I took a photo of the seat wiring loom plugs, just in case anyone wanted one.

And finished, remember to reconnect the battery and follow the dash commands once the ignition is switched on - open and close the windows.

Everything works okay, except I think there is a fuse missing for the heated seat pads because the switches light up and I can hear a relay click when switched on or off. However they do not heat up.

I never bothered to swap over the 2016 door and quarter panels as they are identical to the 2015 items fitted at the factory.
Hi Vocky

I was just wondering if your seat & back adjusters were working ok or did you have do any additional wiring when you changed over your seats, reason I asking is that I recently upraded to fulll leather seats & I am missing the wires perhaps my Biturbo was wired diffrently to your VXR.
(8:th-Sep-2018, 17:19:40)marktourino Wrote: Hi Vocky
I was just wondering if your seat & back adjusters were working ok or did you have do any additional wiring when you changed over your seats, reason I asking is that I recently upraded to fulll leather seats & I am missing the wires perhaps my Biturbo was wired diffrently to your VXR.
it was all a straight swap, everything worked fine and no additional wiring was required in my 2015 vxr
Hi Vocky

You were correct about the bolsters, up & running ok with no additional wiring required, just coudn't get them to work when Rusty installed the seats, but try a month later & up & running.
a few of the missing photos

full leather from a 2016 vxr

during the wiring loom change for the Navi 950 (was a cd400+)

opel badges and LED DRL

rear camera added

bonnet gas struts

during the dash loom change

roof aerial for Intellilink / Navi 950 - colour matched

Onstar button roof panel

Changing the roof wiring loom for the Onstar

The day I bought it brand new

Next job is to retrofit the Infinity sound system, just building up the parts.

From the breakers;
flex floor with hinges
subwoofer - 13348198
amplifier - 13376394
complete interior wiring loom - Infinity / Navi / Rear parking sensors

New from the dealers;
13302370 - infinity emblem (x2)
13302202 - emblem fittings (x4)
13293966 - RH trim hinge flexfloor
13293965 - LH trim hinge flexfloor
13343063 - RH trim, assy, rear quarter, Infinity, flexfloor, gtc
11519385 - screw (amp - pack of 5)
11519376 - screws (sub - pack of 5)
11570015 - nut (sub - pack of 5)
Them emblems bits are a tad on the dear side
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Vocky

Your car is coming along quite nicely with all the mods.
(24:th-Oct-2018, 09:05:26)Rusty2009 Wrote: Them emblems bits are a tad on the dear side

and they were the last two available, now obsolete !

(24:th-Oct-2018, 15:41:18)marktourino Wrote: Vocky

Your car is coming along quite nicely with all the mods.

It's amazing what this site has done for my GTC
I stripped the body wiring harness to create the Infinity loom today

Infinity parts arrived from the dealers

the last badges available

The stripped down Infinity loom is now basically ready to fit. I just need to add the plug for the centre dash speaker and then connect the power wire to the rear fuse box. I had to add a pin to plug X1 (pin 1) and two pins for the Fuse (F31) on the rear fuse box.

Coming along nicely.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I managed to find the time to retrofit the flexfloor today

I also retro-fitted the Infinity amplifier, loom and sub woofer box

Driver side Flexfloor hinge and sub nut fitted

passenger side Flexfloor hinge and sub nut fitted

Amp studs fitted at the factory and all I had to do was add the nut insert

Amp and loom installed, the sub woofer was temporally fitted to check the wiring was in the right place

power cable added to rear fuse box, a 30 Amp fuse is required - F31

I modified the passenger side trim for the Flexfloor hinge, the outline for the hole is marked out on the rear of the panel, so very easy to do

Due to the Infinity amplifier you need to replace the driver side boot trim panel, so I bought a brand new panel and Flexfloor trim from the dealers

passenger side also finished

and the boot section is now complete, I just need to run the Infinity loom along the side of the interior and across the dash to the radio

looking good mate, whats the module in the 4th pic?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(11:th-Nov-2018, 16:37:10)Rusty2009 Wrote: looking good mate, whats the module in the 4th pic?

I think it's the TPMS control box, but not 100% sure if thats correct

Mine is the 2015 model and the wiring loom is different to the earlier looms I have seen
TPMS is a small black module which is behind the rear bumper.

If you get me a part number I'll look it up.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
There does not appear to be anything behind the rear bumper on mine, unless it's that box near the wheel ?

Box near the wheel is the EPB module.

That other module has far too many wires for TPMS & it doesn't look like the flex-ride module.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
the mystery control box is for the fuel pump
This morning I ran the Inifinty loom along the sill and across the dash to the radio box

I searched the internet for a photo of the rear GTC speaker cut out and could not find a single picture, so I took one today

Coming along very nicely.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
and another photo of the Astra GTC rear speaker

I am trying to figure out what size speaker I could install, the Infinity system uses 2 Ohm speakers so I either have to fit a full set of standard speakers (£325) or go aftermarket and fit something different and possibly better quality.

All I need to do now is get Rusty to work his magic on the Navi950 control box to get the VCI sorted
Today I replaced the original dash speakers with JBL items, centre speaker is 2.3 Ohms and the tweeters are 3 Ohms

The Infinity sound system uses 2 Ohms and they are the closest I could find, the new main speakers will be 2 Ohm

I installed the centre speaker with a couple of spacers, due to the foam, but then it hit the speaker grille. So I removed the spacers and the foam compressed okay

I used the plug socket from the original tweeters to make wiring simple

Who read this thread?
3 User(s) read this thread:
Cozzer1990 (3:rd-Mar-2024, 11:32:46), Jnny (14:th-Apr-2024, 16:04:42), LindsayMerrick (18:th-Feb-2024, 07:06:34)