Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
hobby cars? than other eveyones whats

Whats eveyones hobby other than cars?
    We all love cars but what else do we love.

Heres mine
No way! How often do you use the boat then and what type is it? Mines crap... It's gaming! And collecting retro gadgets haha

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

About 4 out of 7 days. I love thw boat. One day ill get a bigger boat and rent the house out

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Its a canal or river cruiser. Its 4 bed. 1987 outside could do with abit of paint but interior is lush. Honda engine is as sweet as a nut. Electrics are very neat. And the the gas heater was replaced just before i bought it.

Hifi and music for me, which is an equally expensive hobby to cars!
Andy. Audio can get bloody expencive. I have a mate who spent 12 grand making an outhouse studio.

My first car cost 300 but my speakers. Sub and headunit cost 2 grand. After i rolled the car. None of it could be salvedged

Seat Leon Cupra R - trackday bitch
Crew for historic class Sportscar team
Fixing up my wreck of a house - 2 years and counting
Gok. Pics and specs of leon pleasees
(4:th-Jun-2016, 19:14:50)mrtc Wrote: Andy. Audio can get bloody expencive. I have a mate who spent 12 grand making an outhouse studio.

My first car cost 300 but my speakers. Sub and headunit cost 2 grand. After i rolled the car. None of it could be salvedged

Yup, hifi is expensive, high res music isnt cheap either

My setup is pretty decent - Musical Fidelity Amp + DAC + CD and Vienna Acoustics speakers, all purchased 2nd hand though
A boat, thats a dream.. =)

I am blessed with a good work so I see that as "hobby" more or less, its fun and 99% of the co-workers are best.

Bicycles are cold. Bought an MTB a year ago and use it not as much as I want, nothing beat a long forest trip, soon its autumn and forest is beautiful.
Also visit local gym. Fun.

Sheppy: Gaming? Computer gaming? I play Arma, or played... I now wait for BF1. =) Gonna upgrade my computer.
PC Gamer checking in ! lol

Arma 3 and Company of heroes 2 lol
Mines fishing Carp Fishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Basketball, as a player and as a coach.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
PlayStation 4, although not as much as I once did due to now having my daughter, even sold the man cave to make her bedroom (she sleeps in our bed ).

(5:th-Jun-2016, 08:23:07)hejhopp123 Wrote: A boat, thats a dream.. =)

I am blessed with a good work so I see that as "hobby" more or less, its fun and 99% of the co-workers are best.

Bicycles are cold. Bought an MTB a year ago and use it not as much as I want, nothing beat a long forest trip, soon its autumn and forest is beautiful.

Sheppy: Gaming? Computer gaming? I play Arma, or played... I now wait for BF1. =) Gonna upgrade my computer.
Ahhh but too geeky for me ha. I do game... A lot! But it's all xbox, DS, PS3 etc. For me... Generally play anything and everything from online games like gears of war and titanfall to full on story games like quantum break and really just anything that takes my fancy! Play a lot of racing games too

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(5:th-Jun-2016, 16:52:50)Jonathaneuk Wrote: Mines fishing Carp Fishing

erm ive been upsetting fishermen all day lol, well they will fish in the canal lol
(4:th-Jun-2016, 19:47:59)mrtc Wrote: Gok. Pics and specs of leon pleasees

So spec.

Bilstein Pro Suspension, standard calipers and discs but Ferodo DS2500 pads
Front and rear strut braces plus rear anti roll bar
Engine has all forged internals, Front mount with WMI, Big turbo and full turbo back Cobra sport exhaust
On map2 with approx 300BHP and 321 ftlb torque

Before

[img][/img]

After
awesome proper awesome
does look very good that does
Hence my new "hobby" - Doris :-)
i keep discus fish and have done for some 20 years now.

tucpal they are beautiful
I guess I'm boring as I don't have anything specific that I do. I have two kids 5 & 3 so and work 4 on 4 off so they take up majority of my time. I guess my passion is solely anything with an engine.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Bringing up "kids" is far from boring......................and as for "anything with an engine" - totally agree :-)
I'm a human puppy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
(6:th-Jun-2016, 07:39:34)GOKIWI Wrote: Bringing up "kids" is far from boring......................and as for "anything with an engine" - totally agree :-)
I didn't mean the kids were boring lol. They keep me on my toes. I meant me not doing anything other than motoring etc

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Ah okay ............Well it may not be of much help but my "kids" are 16 & 21 , its only in the last 5-6 years that I have been able to spend more "me" time on my hobbies and i'm 53 !!
(6:th-Jun-2016, 07:46:13)J1ODYA Wrote: I'm a human puppy.

could be worce, you could be a adult baby lmao lol
Well I would have to say I'm the same as bhalay207 I have 3 kids 7, 5 and 2 and I spend most of my time between dance classes, gymnastics and Taekwondo with the older 2 my boy is the youngest one so I cant wait for him to get older so I can start doing things with him.

I do have a 04 berlingo van that I have been slowly fixing to get back on the road doesn't need much in the way of parts but does need some time to get what needs done done. Once its finished I plan on selling it on and looking for either a mk2 caddy pickup or a capri to restore haven decided which one is next yet but will be something in need of some work.

The wife has promised me a kit car but not till I'm 40 which is 8 years away. I think she is hoping that by playing with other cars and stuff till then I will be put off but in the 10 years we have been together I have always had something in the garage to tinker with.
dont sell the berlingo, put an amdro boot jump in it and have camping holidays

www.amdro.co.uk
I would love too but since my crash last year I cant drive manuals any more so I plan on just fixing what needs done and getting it tided up.

That's why I bought the Astra needed an auto I did drive my Corsa for 5 months before trading it in on the doctors advice. So anything I get will either be an auto or get an auto put in. The berlingo is a great wee van but I couldn't justify putting in a new engine and box into it where as the caddy has a great following and I would fit a newer engine with dsg box or the capri I would find a nice modern engine and make it fit with all the comforts of modern cars. I know it will cost a bit but I have always want both of them the Capri just because when I was little my older cousins used to have and race them and the caddy just because its the nearest we have to the American pick up seen in the UK.
i bought my soon to be ex husband the flappy paddle berlingo, we put the amdro init, dont care what people say about the eg6 autoo gearbox, its great
Never seen one to honest but if it was an auto then I would probably keep it for a year or so.

I had a friend going to be helping with the camper conversion on the berlingo as he was going to be getting the use of it too but he understands I cant justify keeping it. So I will tidy it up possibly still do a slight camper conversion in the back then let her go might even see if I can swap it for a project car.

Would love a boat like yours but I wouldn't be able to spend the time on it I would like too.
I like a bit of deep sea fishing. Tracking stolen cars and spending time on the shooting range

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk
Shooting Fish from a Stolen Car ?

It is sa anything possible

at work we used to have a nurse from sa, she said at night she never stopped at traffic lights, too scary
Snap, my kids are 16 and 21 as well. slightly younger though...

(6:th-Jun-2016, 20:20:04)mrtc Wrote: at work we used to have a nurse from sa, she said at night she never stopped at traffic lights, too scary
Yip, true story, I used to live there.
(6:th-Jun-2016, 07:56:36)GOKIWI Wrote: Ah okay ............Well it may not be of much help but my "kids" are 16 & 21 , its only in the last 5-6 years that I have been able to spend more "me" time on my hobbies and i'm 53 !!

you need a gun to fish with in south africa haha
hey that's a nice gun by the way
(6:th-Jun-2016, 20:20:04)mrtc Wrote: at work we used to have a nurse from sa, she said at night she never stopped at traffic lights, too scary
I obey the law I stop and wait at every traffic red light ...

.... because I gots my friends
(6:th-Jun-2016, 21:46:29)marcus Wrote: Snap, my kids are 16 and 21 as well. slightly younger though...

Yip, true story, I used to live there.
(6:th-Jun-2016, 07:56:36)GOKIWI Wrote: Ah okay ............Well it may not be of much help but my "kids" are 16 & 21 , its only in the last 5-6 years that I have been able to spend more "me" time on my hobbies and i'm 53 !!

I play squash twice a week. Enjoy getting outdoors so do some Hill walking when I can.

Umm I don't actually do a lot other than work (part time), taxi my kids (6 and 8) around to school, football training and parties etc.
Guess what consumes my time most is playing on MMORPG's.

I used to be heavily into computing, always build my own systems but recently I have rarely got my hands dirty with them.

@mrtc I envy you - I'd love to own my own boat
im on the boat right now, its amazing, i love it, bit difficult doing locks on my own but other boaters help me out, its handy when i meet another small boat as we both fit in the lock together
Im 29 and have two kids aged 5 and 10 that keep me well occupied most of the time, other than that I like taking my MTB out on the trails when I find the time:

This was Cannock Chase at the weekend, managed to scrape a bit of time with the lads, going to Wales next month for the weekend biking.
(7:th-Jun-2016, 18:18:20)WoZLinGToN Wrote: Im 29 and have two kids aged 5 and 10 that keep me well occupied most of the time, other than that I like taking my MTB out on the trails when I find the time:

This was Cannock Chase at the weekend, managed to scrape a bit of time with the lads, going to Wales next month for the weekend biking.
have you been around delemer forrest, its great but far too many bogs there
(7:th-Jun-2016, 18:25:45)mrtc Wrote: have you been around delemer forrest, its great but far too many bogs there

Not been there before, we usually only venture out to Cannock or Sherwood Pines which is closer.

Wales in a few weeks we are going coed y brenin bike trails it looks awesome!
(5:th-Jun-2016, 17:52:50)sheppy1 Wrote:
(5:th-Jun-2016, 08:23:07)hejhopp123 Wrote: A boat, thats a dream.. =)

Ahhh but too geeky for me ha. I do game... A lot! But it's all xbox, DS, PS3 etc. For me... Generally play anything and everything from online games like gears of war and titanfall to full on story games like quantum break and really just anything that takes my fancy! Play a lot of racing games too

Im the same as Sheppy, sadly being a techie means I love all those types of things, as well as cars of course. .

@Sheppy1 If your on Xbox one look me up & give you a game someday.

@tucpal really nice fish, always wanted fish I struggle with keeping plants alive so I doubt id be any good at keeping fish. 

@mrtc nice boat too, could do with one of those but my location isnt the best, best I could look at getting is a narrow boat.
The beam is 6, 10 same as narrow boats (WIDTH), it was on the river but I keep it a posh marina on the trent-mersy canal
(7:th-Jun-2016, 18:18:20)WoZLinGToN Wrote: Im 29 and have two kids aged 5 and 10 that keep me well occupied most of the time, other than that I like taking my MTB out on the trails when I find the time:

Looks like a fun place to ride on. I do alot of forest tours, most on animal trails, so alot technical I guess.

The chain broke after my rest and it took me an hour to get to the gravel road.. Then almost 2 hours walk home. Fun anyway.
Get an alien tool set,nit has a chain tool along with other tools, it's very well made
my new hobby will have to be dieting, im a short arse but now weigh over 200 pounds, got 70 to lose lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  whats everyone done this 4 day week end mrtc 20 9,604 11:th-Apr-2016, 15:22:16
Last Post: bhalay207
  Black Cars Hev 4 4,461 22:nd-Jan-2016, 14:46:13
Last Post: PBHorne
  My list of cars over the years Migwell030744 8 8,585 17:th-Mar-2014, 00:13:38
Last Post: tucpal
  Some pictures of my old cars Cameron UK 13 7,897 13:th-Mar-2014, 08:47:30
Last Post: tucpal