This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
sheppy1 progress thread

Progress Thread: Sheppy1
Hahahahahahaha hahhahahaha you plonker, ah well at least you know now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: Tonto_zps9kmln9qb.jpg]
As soon as I looked in ebay I knew straight away. I've been scratching my head forever over it haha.

That explains why I couldn't get the light back in easily.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
[Image: 417101.png]
Great! Was coming home on the motorway and heard a huge smashing noise... Sounded like something pinging off my windscreen... I wasn't wrong, saw this right away

[Image: 990f0573e46d11b48931070136a0d28f.jpg]

Having to get a replacement windscreen but have to drive 100 miles a day to work and back in the meantime anyone know how likely it is to shatter?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
[Image: vCa3MP6.jpg]

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

It can't physically shatter.

Where on the screen is it? Different areas of the screen have different sizes that can be repaired but physically up to 45mm can be repaired.

Measure it & let me know what part of the screen it's on.
It's around 2cm in size but appears to have little spider arm cracks (best way i can describe it) coming off it which appear to have got larger during the journey home. So I'll be safe driving to work and back then till they sort it?

It's in the middle of the drive side towards the bottom quarter

If it's in your 'A' zone which is basically the width of your steering wheel then it's a total of 10mm and that looks too big tbh

You'll need a new screen but even if it cracks top to bottom of the screen it's not going to do anything I promise, it's laminated glass and only outer layer is chipped.. Trust me I was an Autoglass fitter until last Friday lol
Yeah it is right above where the steering wheel is mate...about 6 inches or so from the bottom.

phew!!! i was worried it may shatter as I drive over cattle grids on the way to work which rattle the car something fierce! Haha. Oh wow! As if!!! I didn't know that lol...well I feel miles better now Smile actually expert advice here lol

Do you have Auto glass ? They can repair it , they come to you , they fix it with a gel
Yeah i do mate but it's too large and in the wrong area to have it repaired so they said I need a new one

Sorry to here that , some insurance companies will cover the cost
Yeah mine do mate only want 75 quid but they were saying I'd have to wait 3 weeks to have it done! So I've kicked off and had my claim escalated

3 weeks is mad!

I know! Wasn't happy and I kicked off but their systems were down at the time so couldn't go anything to help... They said they will ring back today and see what they can do

Okay so they came back to me and said they can come tomorrow morning now only thing is they said the glass won't be GM branded but "is made in the same factory" hmmmm. Anyone know if the third party windscreens are any good or will they get scratched up in no time and not be as tough or glare free?

I hate auto glass and my insurance company! I asked yesterday if they would give me a different model windscreen as I want one that will allow me to get the plastic cover to hide the wiring for my anti dazzle mirror... She said they can only replace it like for like so can't do that... Fair doos.

They rang today and said they will bring my new one tomorrow, they said it will be a 3rd party one and not official GM... What happened to relaxing like for like?!

Wonder what happens if you told them your broken windscreen was a sensor one?

Well I did tell them that to begin with bit they asked for my Reg and then said a like for like replacement will be sent based on that

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Ahhh they know from your reg?

They must do yeah, they asked for it and then said one will be sent same as what I have... No other way they could determine the type is there?

Anyone know if the bluefin remap warranty is applicable if the remap is installed yourself? Can't make out if they only give that warranty out if they do the map for you. Ta

Turns out they do but I'll only get a 6 month warranty with them which isn't bad really...

(16:th-Mar-2016, 02:35:25)sheppy1 Wrote: Anyone know if the bluefin remap warranty is applicable if the remap is installed yourself? Can't make out if they only give that warranty out if they do the map for you. Ta

It should be. Plugs straight into the obd port and a very simple menu system on the handheld. Basically just start, stop and rewind. Smile

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Yeah it is mate... See above only reason I haven't bought one yet is that I'm really worried about something breaking and me being stuck with the bill! Especially with having the m32 gearbox that everyone bashes lol

Theres a company on german facebook offering auto boot lift. Just wondered if u might be able to get some advice of them
(16:th-Mar-2016, 10:25:42)mrtc Wrote: Theres a company on german facebook offering auto boot lift. Just wondered if u might be able to get some advice of them
Oooooo do you have a link to the page or post?! I've got some shorter springs for the struts but after I fit one I noticed the boot closed out of alignment...

im so sorry, i have tried to find the advert again but cant see it, ill keep looking, the advert ws in german and was on a german astra j page,
Sheppy. S160 related. Have you tried the miracast function yet? If so any good?

(17:th-Mar-2016, 14:18:41)mrtc Wrote: im so sorry, i have tried to find the advert again but cant see it, ill keep looking, the advert ws in german and was on a german astra j page,
It's fine! Thanks for letting me know anyway, I'll try and hunt down the post! Ha

(18:th-Mar-2016, 10:28:34)marcus Wrote: Sheppy. S160 related. Have you tried the miracast function yet? If so any good?

I haven't mate... Is it for mirroring your phone display to the unit?

(18:th-Mar-2016, 10:34:20)sheppy1 Wrote:
(17:th-Mar-2016, 14:18:41)mrtc Wrote: im so sorry, i have tried to find the advert again but cant see it, ill keep looking, the advert ws in german and was on a german astra j page,
It's fine! Thanks for letting me know anyway, I'll try and hunt down the post! Ha

(18:th-Mar-2016, 10:28:34)marcus Wrote: Sheppy. S160 related. Have you tried the miracast function yet? If so any good?

I haven't mate... Is it for mirroring your phone display to the unit?

Yeah, I still wouldn't mind getting Google maps up on the screen. Not sure if it's the hu app for casting or the app on the phone itself causing the lag?

Oh for ***** sake!!! I've had my new tyres and new alloys for 2 weeks and I've just found a big ***** nail sticking out of one of them!!!

This looks repairable?

[Image: de2e1da903bde4527bd0a875e6acc7db.jpg]

[Image: a872d030c0f7a457b64b42256d5e77b5.jpg]

At a guess I'd say no mate, I'm sure if it's close to sidewall they can't repair it, hope I'm wrong though!

That's what I thought :( ***** this car! I had another puncture in my other back left tyre 4 weeks ago too and have had 4 more in the same back left tyre over the past 2 years!!

Right slap bang on the line for repairable!

http://3tstyres.co.uk/wp-content/themes/...irable.jpg

Hopefully they'll repair it then mate

Will run it down to national tyres tomorrow and find out! 120 for a new one if not... Bearing in mine this thing still has like 8mm tread on it!

Looks too close to the edge. I'd say none repairable.

On the plus side, at least you now have a studded tyre for when it snows

(18:th-Mar-2016, 23:02:28)bhalay207 Wrote: Looks too close to the edge. I'd say none repairable.

On the plus side, at least you now have a studded tyre for when it shows

(18:th-Mar-2016, 23:02:28)bhalay207 Wrote: Looks too close to the edge. I'd say none repairable.

On the plus side, at least you now have a studded tyre for when it snows

Oh snap!!! Hahahaha. But yeah everyone says too close to the edge...Gonna see if national tyres have any in stock tomorrow, if not there's a site called tyres on your drive which can come do it outside my house Sunday or Monday for £150 (25 quid more than nat tyres)

No you can not fix that one to near the side wall it needs replacing mate
[Image: DSC03659_zpssmtodvyc.jpg]
Jesus you pay so much for your tyres.

Buy the tyre online then take it to your local place and give them £10 to fit it! I've done it for years. I pay £39 for 235/35/19 and a tenner for fitting/balancing/valve and disposal of old tyre.

What size and brand are you after? Just for comparison let me find you a tyre.
(19:th-Mar-2016, 10:13:09)Jj0063 Wrote: Jesus you pay so much for your tyres.

Buy the tyre online then take it to your local place and give them £10 to fit it! I've done it for years. I pay £39 for 235/35/19 and a tenner for fitting/balancing/valve and disposal of old tyre.

What size and brand are you after? Just for comparison let me find you a tyre.

All good in theory but round my way its £12 to have a tyre fitted in a back street part worn place (all major tyre shops charge £30 to fit a tyre) and the back street place don't give two hoot's about your alloy's once bitten and all that.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Bloody hell! And I can't find that tyre cheaper anywhere even just to get it delivered like you said! Mine are Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

18 inch

@Sheppy1 on camskill they're £103.20 each. 225/45/r18 91V TL

[Image: f64a68a026b4047101330fc5d0386e49.jpg]

Cheers dude I knew they would be a tad cheaper elsewhere but I'd imagine they are just delivery only aren't they? I need them today.. Fitted.

Been to national tyres and he said it needs replacing, they don't stock the one I need so he's going on a drive to collect me one and fitting it in a few hours

Yeah one working day if ordered before 4pm..

Ahhh... Either way it's gonna cost me the same, national tyres is 125 or something like that for the tyre, fitted, balance and a guarantee from them that of it pops and fails in any way within its lifetime they will replace or fix it for free

Oh that's not bad actually! I paid £55 each for my two budgets hahaha

(19:th-Mar-2016, 10:24:06)sheppy1 Wrote: Ahhh... Either way it's gonna cost me the same, national tyres is 125 or something like that for the tyre, fitted, balance and a guarantee from them that of it pops and fails in any way within its lifetime they will replace or fix it for free

Think your find its a tyre guarantee while a puncture repair will be free  they will give you x amount of the cost of a new tyre if can't be repaired the x amount varies depending on how much tread is left IIRC.
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
That sounds more like it! Either way... It would work out the same to have it delivered and fit as it would to just have national tyres do the lot

(19:th-Mar-2016, 10:25:04)Tonto Wrote: Oh that's not bad actually! I paid £55 each for my two budgets hahaha

I don't know how people put budgets on! I mean if you've really not got the cash fair enough but they're literally the only thing keeping you on the road... I have to get the best... Not showing off or saying oooooo look at me they're such a brand but I always really look into the ones with best reviews surrounding safety and buy whichever ones come out on top, so the same with breaks too... Wouldn't risk my life over a few hundred quid

Nah I usually am skint mate so that's all I could afford at the time, to be fair they stick like glue. Car is so much better since I lowered it. But no next time I think I'm going for uniroyals RS3s. Just replaced my rear odd with brembo pads lol! Think when each brake part needs replacing I'll be getting brembo. But like you say if I could afford it is get the best. Need a better pod job I do!

(19:th-Mar-2016, 10:38:20)Tonto Wrote: Nah I usually am skint mate so that's all I could afford at the time, to be fair they stick like glue. Car is so much better since I lowered it. But no next time I think I'm going for uniroyals RS3s. Just replaced my rear odd with brembo pads lol! Think when each brake part needs replacing I'll be getting brembo. But like you say if I could afford it is get the best. Need a better pod job I do!

That make absolute sense mate was more a rant towards folks who have money and don't car what they have wheel wise! Haha.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 39,708 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 177,643 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 92,572 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,536 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,378 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 42,060 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread sparkyscfc74 485 559,155 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:24:38
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 13,762 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,562 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun
  Progress Thread Conor97 Conor97 28 13,011 9:th-Sep-2018, 19:37:44
Last Post: Conor97

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
iNeoTom (4:th-Mar-2024, 21:46:06)