Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
sheppy1 progress thread

Progress Thread: Sheppy1
Looking good mate, it's strange about the two sets of lines but yeah maybe one already on camera!

What is this happyblue thing then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there is...before I even got the final lot of wiring done for the camera i got static and the bottom set of lines...once I wired it up I also got the top set of lines...

Happy light show does loads of stuff...let's you disable error message, customise your cluster screen to have multi line display along with custom messages etc. Let's you pop the boot from the key, control your lights, windows, door locks etc. from a phone app, let's you have welcome lights (drls, fogs or main lights) when you open the car and tonnes more

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Oh wow that sounds excellent haha! I might have to look into one of those too!

They're not cheap that's the only issue! They're 120 quid!

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Yeah I guessed they'd be expensive ha!

Isn't everything lol

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Happy light show seems cool...lot's to tinker with so need a good hour to play! Have boot opening via keyfob working, have 3 line display but not sure what options i want on it ATM...can pick absolutely anything! Oil health, DPF health, you pick it...you can display it!

Ermmmm i'm trying to get welcome lights working but they're not having any of it haha. Got it set to turn all rear lights on when I go into reverse too...for visibility.

also found a way to remove one set of those lines...So just have the one set now on the reverse camera display

Ah that's awesome mate, well done and can't wait for photos/videos!

@Bhalay207 haha yes everything is lol

is this the same?

http://www.happylightshow.com/opel-1/ast...ore=german
Will probs have to get them tomorrow mate...forgot I have physio after work today so won't be home till late then have to mate tea etc. I'll not forget though still getting used to the system myself...

@mrtc that's the one i have yeah

Made a few phone calls to the mrs today via the car...she said I sounded clear and I didn't have to raise my voice for her to hear me or anything. All seems to work as well as factory BT does

the static is the cambus checking the reverse bulb so you need this
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Auto-Reve...daec5539f6

it is what i will be fitting to my one very soon
if it still has static after that then go wired not wireless
you also need a camera that has no parking lines on it as that headunit has them already the screen.
It's fine, the parking lines are okay now as I've disabled the ones on the head unit

And cheers! I will pick that up when I have some spare cash...it's really not that bad anyway tbh

So which lines are disabled via headunit? Hopefully you keep the ones with green/Amber/red??

Green amber red will the camera distance lines. The ones on the headunit will slso have parking bay width lines and distance lines like the oe camera.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah the coloured ones are the camera built in ones that are kept

I've made a video which I'll upload soon. Anything I've missed let me know and I'll do another video

https://youtu.be/nx9rwt4S22w

I forgot to demo the reverse camera. Done another video and will upload asap

https://youtu.be/kBxvDnVyfxw

Looks brilliant I must say. The quality looks great. How does it work connected to your internet.

When are you going to start fitting these for people haha
That does look excellent mate, makes me want one even more haha!

Glad you both like it there's a bunch of stuff i didn't demo like the SD card stuff and proper Bluetooth music streaming and audio quality (which is amazing btw) but yeah most of the stuff was shown. I'd happy help out with fitting... Wasn't really that hard, only hard part was stuffing all the wires away! Ha.

See my 3g dongle was amazing last night and this morning but for some reason stopped working earlier and I need to investigate

I'm really impressed!

If only it had DAB! Might need to enquire what difference is between other one and why it isn't showing anymore.
I need this but with DAB and TV.

Wonder if it would be any different fitting as I already have the cd500 navi?
Don't get me going about DAB.... I've made my feelings well down on that one

Dab is wonderful who would not have that in this day and age haha
I don't

(24:th-Feb-2016, 19:46:50)tucpal Wrote: Dab is wonderful who would not have that in this day and age haha
Somebody who is speaking my language lol. That said, I don't think @sheppy1 has it on is new fancy gizmo 😬

Hahaha nope sorry! Doesn't have it you reminded me though... Gonna check out that Internet radio app I have on my phone

Unsure about this happy light thing... Some stuff works great, edited the display to show three things at once, can have all rear lights on with a simple double press of the mute button etc. All good! Can pop the boot and all that too.

Thing that doesn't work is the welcome lights! I've enabled all the options to do it... Nothing works! But every time I mess with any light options they either work or don't work but then I get errors on the dash saying check such and such a bulb... Not sure what to do

Here's something cool I did with it though

haha you will get errors as that thing is playing around with the BCM to change things
personally not something i would do or want
Yeah well I'm thinking of returning it...it does some cool stuff but half the stuff doesn't work! :(

this car is like a posh version of a astra now, its now a astra elite lux lol
(24:th-Feb-2016, 21:03:44)sheppy1 Wrote: Yeah well I'm thinking of returning it...it does some cool stuff but half the stuff doesn't work! :(
That's a shame! It's always suspect how something like that can fiddle within the depths of a car yet we can't even find a way of turning the drl warning message off Haha.

(24:th-Feb-2016, 21:03:54)mrtc Wrote: this car is like a posh version of a astra now, its now a astra elite lux lol

Hahaha I like that! now to get a badge made up that says that lol

ebay lux badges or you could just put ELITE +
(24:th-Feb-2016, 21:07:32)bhalay207 Wrote:
(24:th-Feb-2016, 21:03:44)sheppy1 Wrote: Yeah well I'm thinking of returning it...it does some cool stuff but half the stuff doesn't work! :(
That's a shame! It's always suspect how something like that can fiddle within the depths of a car yet we can't even find a way of turning the drl warning message off Haha.

Hahaha don't worry, it's not all it's cracked up to be anyway :P

(24:th-Feb-2016, 21:15:08)mrtc Wrote: ebay lux badges or you could just put ELITE +

Hahaha found one! Can't bring myself to buy one though lol

I still want one as the stuff it can do is good
Yeah it is but as I say some stuff doesn't seem to work atm I've emailed the company to ask why.

What do you think to leaving them connected to the car? Is it safe...? I have a worry that I'll wake up and it will have opened all the windows on its own haha. Or am I being paranoid?

Looks fantastic mate real impressed with the new headunit love your videos, can you change the wallpaper on your headunit and do you notice any different without the DAB for the Radio stations ,why I'm asking aboutt he Radio stations is I'm from Ireland and I hope it the Radio works in Ireland, and where did you put the new USB cable , what 3g dongle did you use or is it built in to the headunit ? Thanks
Glad you like it and thanks for the kind comments!

Yes you can change the wallpapers, just need to hold your finger on the screen and then you get the option to change it as you do on android.

I never had DAB in the first place...I swapped my standard antenna for a 5 quid shark fin from china and then lost half my stations and the other half were a bit fuzzy. Since upgrading to the head unit the stations seem to come through better now . Also I'll say it again...sound quality seems drastically improved! Actually FEELING the bass now and really can tell there's a new depth to music compared to the stock head unit.

The 3G dongle is plugged into a male to female USB cable at the back of the head unit and so is stuffed back there with all the other cables. The dongle I used was this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301855214345?_...EBIDX%3AIT

It's on the head unit manufacturers site as being the only supported one

Getting somewhere with the lock lights! Ha. I have selected that the DRLs, main beams and fogs come on when I lock and unlock the car...earlier this did nothing at all, just tried now though without changing any options and the fogs come on every time I unlock the car...but not when I lock it lol

I also have it set to beep the horn quickly when I lock the car

Oh and for the Waze lovers out there....I downloaded Waze onto the unit and it works a charm! needs 3G to work properly but with the 3G dongle I have it works as expected!

What's waze?

Satnav app which has live traffic info provided by other users of the application. Millions use it and it's owned by Google

Looks smart but undecided if it's a load of stuff I wouldn't use after a week... like my phone lol

Quite simply I miss having a dvd player in my car so if there was an easy swap out that did that plus kept my dab I'd be interested.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
So you're not satisfied with HappyBlue?
I was thinking to buy one to solve the LED error message. Now I'm not sure if this is a good idea.
However, the text on the display looks great.
(25:th-Feb-2016, 07:20:29)Jerry Wrote: So you're not satisfied with HappyBlue?
I was thinking to buy one to solve the LED error message. Now I'm not sure if this is a good idea.
However, the text on the display looks great.
Yes and no... The stuff that works is great and works fine. It does actually disable the Reg plate led errors I get and the horn beep on lock is cool and boot pop via remote and three line custom displays are cool too.

Just the only thing that doesn't work as it should is the lock and unlock lights. I've mailed the company to ask for help anyway

Here's how I have one of the screens

Oh and just downloaded the android device Manager app on the car head unit which allows me to track the location of the car using my android phone not as good as a dedicated tracker but better than nothing!

That's not a bad idea that!

Hehe I thought it would do for now

Also just put spotify etc. on the unit too...works great, no issues at all streaming songs and the interface is nice too...all good literally down to 2 issues now:

The app which shows your miles till empty etc. is all showing in litres and KM/H but I have the person who sold the unit to me trying to find out how to change it.

Also a small issue where the heated seat options are the wrong way around...when I use the drive one it comes on the screen saying the passenger ones is on...

Something cool I found, as I don't have the climate control in my car...just the standard blower with a dial to turn it hotter or colder I never knew how hot or cold the car actually was...the head unit now shoes me in degrees just how warm or cold it is when I turn it up or down

It's cool things like the above that I'm really liking! Like how you can disable error messages for bulbs in the settings and can turn the indicator and door open chime up and down...little things like that

Good news about Spotify. It wouldn't allow me to install from the play store probably because I was connected via Wifi. I might just have to get a 3g dongle to get around this. Yes temperature is visible which is a nice touch. I don't think the one on the right is connected though as i reckon there is no temperature control inside the cabin unless you have climate control.

Well a lot of the apps I found won't install straight from the play store as they don't seem to like the version of Android the system is running. However if you Google "apk downloader" then you'll find loads of sites which let you put a play store url in which then give you the apps apk file which you can stick on an sd card and into the unit

Yeaahh i thought that too ha. You found any other cool little things like that @marcus?

Thanks Sheppy. I'll give that a bash.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 40,143 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 179,258 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 93,220 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,599 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,468 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 42,546 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread sparkyscfc74 485 560,421 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:24:38
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 13,874 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,598 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun
  Progress Thread Conor97 Conor97 28 13,205 9:th-Sep-2018, 19:37:44
Last Post: Conor97

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
iNeoTom (4:th-Mar-2024, 21:46:06)