Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
sheppy1 progress thread

Progress Thread: Sheppy1
Yeah true, plus the Mrs would kick my arse for the mess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes same here! I currently have half a dismantled handbrake and my old centre console in pieced all over the living room! Hahaha. She keeps moaning at me for it lol

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I was a little bit tidier and kept it to the kitchen table but still got told off... All bits are in boot atm. Going to sort through them lol.

Hahaha I chucked some of it today.

Here they are installed anyway

Much nicer than the standard black aren't they!

Yeah defo! These little things all add up don't they, may not seem like much at first but defo make a difference

it's all about the detail very nice
Found this and this (two different models but not sure what the difference are except the top one had SD and SATNAV card slots)

Looking at about £300 fitted but I've contacted the guy to find out more and to haggle as I'd buy outside of eBay and go to them for fitting as they're right near where my Mrs parents live

Mate these are so simple to fit honestly a baby could do it, the top one is the newest model.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Promotion...fa5f05914c

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-Vauxh...fa5f05914c
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Ahhhh thanks for that mate! And does it require all the stuff that you did in your how to with all the extra wiring etc?

This is the one I'm after...Have a few questions though:

http://www.iceboxauto.com/vauxhall-opel-...id-44-m072

1. Do these normally come with all cables required to get them working and do they normally just come with an adapter from the current built in cables to the new system?

2. For the GPS do I need a new roof ariel thing too that supports GPS or can it support it via the system itself without any extra cables or antennas?

(31:st-Jan-2016, 10:14:40)Rusty2009 Wrote: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Promotion...fa5f05914c

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-Vauxh...fa5f05914c

Cheers mate, works out about the same (maybe less) to get it from the UK company i linked too

That looks really good actually, I'm very tempted by one of these as you keep the oem look too!

Yep defo seem the best way to go and you don't need a new facia or anything! Just need to know of they're truly plug and play or if we are gonna be missing loads of cables.

Hopefully Rusty can shed some light, I did read you've emailed them right? Be great if it is plug and play!

Russell said it was plug and play but just need to ensure I know exactly what that means! Haha. If it comes with an adapter to plug into our current cable we have which then goes into this unit then yeah... Plug and play! But not sure if we need extra cables here there and everywhere into the fuse box and also extra cables and antennas for the GPS...

I have mailed them yeah I'll let you know what they say mate

Nah it should be plug and play, I wouldn't think you'd need to mess with fuse box at all. Only thing I'd ask is will the steering wheel controls still work or do you need a cable for that?!

Yeah I was wondering that too... Some people said they would and some said they had issues but those were people with really old cars...

Hmm yeah, hopefully it's just straight forward. I just realised that an android one, do they do iPhone ones?

Nahhh they don't mate, the Apple software is locked down I believe so only key manufacturers can make the kits as they will have to be approved by apple...Android is open source though so that's why they're all android ones

Guessing we defo would need an extra cable/device for the GPS as it doesn't appear to be built in

If it's android should run off phone signal no??

And bugger that's out of question for me then :/ need an apple one..

Ahhhh crap! Why though mate... Bluetooth and all that would still work... I have an android phone but there are no features on the device that are limited to android phones... Not that I know of anyway

Would it still work with an iPhone? I thought you had to get ones with same OS..hmm

That's only if you have the official android car thing mate as they really do link with all the features of your phone I think... With this kit what do you think wouldn't work? Bluetooth would provide you with the phone signal part and then you could enable tethering on your iPhone to get Internet on the car multimedia screen... So not sure what else you'd think wouldn't work mate?

I just thought with the OS being android the phone had to for some reason lol. If it works then that's perfect haha!

My only issue with these is would DAB & Bluetooth still work with them?
Hahaha I don't think that's the case mate your iPhone has everything needed to get the various features working on this head unit... Most apps are stand alone anyway on the head unit so it doesn't matter what phone you have

Ah excellent, think I best get saving then lol. Cheers Sheppy mate!

Think Rusty would be best to answer that Whelan

No problem mate and I have the same question about Bluetooth as I have it factory fitted... DAB should work if you get a model that has DAB functionality as it has the connectors in the back ready for you to plug your DAB cables into it...

If we could find a unit that suited us all the might do a group deal. A decent android one would be best as can add apps.
The one I linked too is the best android one they do there is a ten quid cheaper model which seems to be missing a few things and then they have a 90 quid cheaper model but it runs windows.

Be buying mine tomorrow with any luck but not sure when you chaps have the cash... If you wanted one that was

I definitely want one since it works with iPhone lol. But I'm literally skint at the moment so be a little while before I can get one!

Ahhhh okay! Well I'll see what I can get one for as they accept offers and I'll let you know so you can offer the same if it's a decent price that is... Looking to offer about 270

I would be looking to get mine around March time. Does the one you linked work with DAB?
Ahhhh no! I don't think it is mate :( i thought it was but i'm not sure now...doesn't say it is in the listing...

also the have a C072 model and an M072 model and they're both the same price almost (1 quid between them) and i dunno the differences!

Think the M072 model has a better feature set and better screen res

This one is iPod ready the C072 one..
http://www.iceboxauto.com/opel-vauxhall-...-2010-2011

The one you linked will work with iPhone as it has AirPlay. Might email and ask about DAB and Bluetooth. Was going to save for carvision but this would be £200 cheaper.
M072 says it's iPod ready too

(31:st-Jan-2016, 13:36:37)WhelanUK Wrote: The one you linked will work with iPhone as it has AirPlay. Might email and ask about DAB and Bluetooth. Was going to save for carvision but this would be £200 cheaper.

Yeah I was gonna do the same but I'd rather have this one anyway...and they're only based about 40 miles from me so I can go down there should I have any issues

Ah I didn't notice that, cheers! You'll have to do a video on it when you have it installed mate so we can see!

I'm intrigued about this unit now. I've emailed to ask them a few questions.

If it's android and has play store there are some great apps.
I literally know nothing about android. Never used it!

Yep it has play store

If this works with DAB & Bluetooth then I'll definitely be ordering.
We need to ensure they come with all the cables to wire it up... I've seen the connect 2 kits are required with the pioneer kits and they're quite pricey but not sure if those cables are needed for this kit...

Russell reports it will all work fine, GPS is provided by a cable that comes with the box and you plug it in and put it somewhere in the Shell of the car behind the glove box.

Factory BT and steering control may need a little bit of fiddling yo get working. I'll ring them tomorrow and see what they say

There is a bit more information on there eBay listing plus it provides a picture of all the wires that come with it.
Does it really?! I saw a pic at the bottom of the rear of the device and it shows what wires you put where but didn't say what actually came with it... Can you screenshot it for me please?

Here's the link to the eBay item.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/252087200605
Cheers mate, i had a look but still can't see where it says about the wires it comes with

Okay so I'm asking them about the following things on the phone tomorrow :

Difference between the C model and M model

If either have DAB compatibility

If they work fine with factory USB, BT and steering controls

Anyone want anything else asking? I'll be buying it tomorrow too

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 43,921 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 193,710 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 100,485 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,885 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 10,170 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 46,526 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread sparkyscfc74 485 567,339 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:24:38
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 14,884 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,850 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun
  Progress Thread Conor97 Conor97 28 14,508 9:th-Sep-2018, 19:37:44
Last Post: Conor97

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
iNeoTom (4:th-Mar-2024, 21:46:06), dwm009 (30:th-Jul-2024, 16:42:08)