Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
a fart my just brain have car did

Did my car just have a brain Fart
Well the car didn't have a momentary Brain fart, same issue again today started the car put it in D went to pull away and engine cut out. I plugged in the ODBii code reader straight away with the service vehicle soon message still showing but got no codes :-(. As I'm in the AA called them out, didn't bod well as the first thing the chap said was service vehicle soon just means it needs a service :-( Lols, so I played dumb he read the codes P0088 - Fuel rail pressure sensor. Error Message : Pressure too high. Temperature too high and P0193 - Fuel rail pressure sensor. Error Message : voltage too high. Signal too large. He noticed the tuning box straight away didn't test the sensor or check voltages etc, just said tuning box will be the issue as it just ups the fuel pressure, now to me this seems a little weird I've had the tuning box on for a couple of months and covered 3-4000 miles without issue.

He recommended to disconnect the tuning box and try running the car to see if it happens again, if it does there's a fault with the fuel rail, sensor/connector/wiring, if not I'll now the box is the issue.

I have a few questions

1. Could the box really be the issue its a bluespark one that had good reviews not a cheapy one, surely if it was an issue it would have happened as soon as I fitted it. Also surely if it was the box it would be happening under full throttle not barely moving?.
2. If the box is the issue why is it only happening when the engine is cold, I had lunch at 4pm yesterday when the fault originally happened (car had been sat since 9), drove home last night no issues at all. It had the issue again first thing this morning when started, but then drove in once restarted with no issues at all.

I'm really hoping its not the box as I think I'll really miss the extra performance :-(, and cant afford a remap

Messages In This Thread
Did my car just have a brain Fart - by Scoobysn7x - 28:th-Sep-2016, 15:59:51
RE: Did my car just have a brain Fart - by Rusty2009 - 28:th-Sep-2016, 16:43:32
RE: Did my car just have a brain Fart - by Scoobysn7x - 28:th-Sep-2016, 17:01:42
RE: Did my car just have a brain Fart - by Scoobysn7x - 29:th-Sep-2016, 10:48:57
RE: Did my car just have a brain Fart - by tucpal - 29:th-Sep-2016, 11:53:41
RE: Did my car just have a brain Fart - by Scoobysn7x - 29:th-Sep-2016, 12:09:00
RE: Did my car just have a brain Fart - by Rusty2009 - 29:th-Sep-2016, 14:25:23
RE: Did my car just have a brain Fart - by Scoobysn7x - 3:rd-Oct-2016, 12:38:45