Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Poll: What tuning box do you have
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DTUK
34.38%
11 34.38%
RaceChip
31.25%
10 31.25%
MaxTune
3.13%
1 3.13%
Other
31.25%
10 31.25%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
are got what boxes your you tuning have and findings

Tuning Boxes - What have you got and what are your findings
I currently have maxchip pro fitted (paid £188 from Amazon, usual price £229 GBP) to my 2.0cdti ecoflex (only fitted yesterday!)

Findings so far, instructions are pretty pants, a literal translation from German to English, I had to make a call to the support line to establish what was the low and high setting, packaging a bit poor too

Was very easy to fit as I previously had a racechip, however, instructions supplied were for an Antara, whose underbonnet pictures were nothing like mine at all!

The box came set on power level 11/15

Once fitted, went for a test drive, instantly noticeable, more push and more impressive was a push that was maintained with revs, previous diesels I have owned that were remapped/tuning boxed appeared to be a bit woosh/bang, all over 1,000rpm later

Its now deceptively quick, its not so much the instant push in the back (from off to on boost) its the sustained pull that keeps going to what seems 5,000rpm

As I have had both a maxchip and racechip I'll now comment on both

Racechip, I went for a model one, which came in at around £104 (GBP)

Packaging so much better and the instructions better, still not perfect, but, you can tell someone spent more time/money on the packaging/instructions/information

When fitted, it was in the lowest tune, which was barely any better than standard specification, this meant unscrewing the box and adjusting, bit, of a pain to do, as its not a standard cross/flat head screw

On paper the maxchip gives 224bhp and the racechip one 199bhp, so maybe not a fair comparison, however, the racechip seems to deliver its power lower down the rev range, but, tails off compared to the maxchip

To sum up, the racechip is a pretty good deal, at just over £100, it should fit most budgets and it did also increase my mpg from around 49-50 to 53, so there are savings in fuel to be had. If you can afford/justify, then the maxchip appears to give a higher level of performance, less turbocharged, if that makes sense

I am glad to have had both and would happily run either again in my car

I ruled out paying for a remap as both options locally to me were £450-£580, hardly peanuts

The GM warranty for my car expires late June 2016

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tuning Boxes - What have you got and what are your findings - by andy2174 - 5:th-May-2016, 13:31:07

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Racechip S Tuning Box Marc_81 2 2,871 2:nd-Jul-2020, 18:38:13
Last Post: badger64
  Tuning Iaintruten 2 3,939 16:th-Feb-2018, 18:38:05
Last Post: Iaintruten
Astra J 2013 2.0 - looking to buy pedal box and tuning box! tinkiwinki 18 13,173 11:th-Mar-2017, 18:58:15
Last Post: Wayneofwolves
  Tuning Box : Against every fibre in my body.. Olly-Midd 15 11,097 1:st-Sep-2016, 09:59:28
Last Post: Scoobysn7x
  Pictures of tuning box installed chrisb2511 12 9,916 22:nd-Aug-2016, 21:23:01
Last Post: marcus

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
mc92661 (9:th-Dec-2023, 06:50:45)