Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Poll: What tuning box do you have
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DTUK
34.38%
11 34.38%
RaceChip
31.25%
10 31.25%
MaxTune
3.13%
1 3.13%
Other
31.25%
10 31.25%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
are got what boxes your you tuning have and findings

Tuning Boxes - What have you got and what are your findings
Ok so I thought it might be worth having a thread specifically for this as I am probably bad for hijacking peoples progress threads when they have one of these fitted to see about cost ect hence this poll thread.

I don't want this thread to be an argument about remaps vs tuning boxes as you can get good tuning boxes that are far from the old style you used to by for £10 off eBay.

There are good reputable companies now who will work with you if you are having problems ect and some even look for people who are willing to test out products and report back so they can make these boxes as close to the read thing as possible so please keep on topic. 

I have been doing research online reading various different forums and arguments for and against and the one thing I have notice is after 2009 people opinions have started to change. I know that every car is different and to get the best out your car you should get a remap specific to your own car but I do believe these chips and chip companies have a place.

Anyway if people would please select what tuning box they have and let us know which one you have, how you find it, also how easy it was to install and change setting that would be great.

I am aiming this threat at people looking for advice but don't want to pay for a remap or there car is still under warranty and wanting to know what the options are and looking for advice from people with the same or similar car to them.

Messages In This Thread
Tuning Boxes - What have you got and what are your findings - by bruce_19 - 5:th-May-2016, 12:49:41

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Racechip S Tuning Box Marc_81 2 2,674 2:nd-Jul-2020, 18:38:13
Last Post: badger64
  Tuning Iaintruten 2 3,755 16:th-Feb-2018, 18:38:05
Last Post: Iaintruten
Astra J 2013 2.0 - looking to buy pedal box and tuning box! tinkiwinki 18 12,380 11:th-Mar-2017, 18:58:15
Last Post: Wayneofwolves
  Tuning Box : Against every fibre in my body.. Olly-Midd 15 10,589 1:st-Sep-2016, 09:59:28
Last Post: Scoobysn7x
  Pictures of tuning box installed chrisb2511 12 9,515 22:nd-Aug-2016, 21:23:01
Last Post: marcus

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
mc92661 (9:th-Dec-2023, 06:50:45)