This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

[-]
Tags
progress sparkyscfc74’s thread

Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread
I quite like the new fords, from the outside.

Received a 2017 Mondeo estate hire car last year, the inside was awful imo. Was also in a fiesta st earlier this year and felt that same molded plastic feel.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Yep but after writing her pug off we needed a car quickly due to her job (home career). If we had the extra £2-3k she would of got a mokka.

She’s trying to talk me into selling the J to get her mokka .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(3:rd-Jun-2018, 21:08:10)Rusty2009 Wrote: Yep but after writing her pug off we needed a car quickly due to her job (home career). If we had the extra £2-3k she would of got a mokka.

Threaten her with a divorce ??

(3:rd-Jun-2018, 21:14:16)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(3:rd-Jun-2018, 21:08:10)Rusty2009 Wrote: Yep but after writing her pug off we needed a car quickly due to her job (home career). If we had the extra £2-3k she would of got a mokka.

Threaten her with a divorce ??

Thats what she is doing asking him to sell the J!

Says me eyeing up an S6 Avant.

pmsl chance would be a fine thing I keep telling her we need to get divorced before pension age so we can get more state pension (if it still exists by then) she's having none of it.
Even tired the we've done the marriage process now we need to try the divorce process & shes still not having any of it.

Think I'm stuck with her, but she's a gooden (most of the time) so I don't mind really.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.

The wife asked me what I wanted for Fathers Day so I said mud flaps
They came today and being good like she is she’s let me have them so they’re now on !!!
[Image: c9c2727851f8efb945fa8d44ee62bd28.jpg]
[Image: 4c10498fa8984ff303339b4c7f6735fc.jpg]
But my most important mod I’ve done to date also arrived today so here it is
[Image: 6452698518b72f7d3df3f26e88d687b6.jpg]

Images don't seem to work but that's maybe me Smile
(7:th-Jun-2018, 15:45:01)rlievens Wrote: Images don't seem to work but that's maybe me Smile

Yeah mate I posted them via Tapatalk they’re fine on there but not on the website???

[Image: f065b5af6aa8600f666e8a5e8bbac815.jpg]
[Image: 9ea9f0d173b4461af0dfae65577c9b7b.jpg]
[Image: bfaa6db0ea65d67e1a52b3b973af066b.jpg]

Tapatalk user here, no images :(

(7:th-Jun-2018, 17:15:30)umognog Wrote: Tapatalk user here, no images :(

Yeah the lot has disappeared at the mo ☹️

Looking good mate I see images are working this morning so deffo an issue Tapatalks side.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(8:th-Jun-2018, 07:43:46)Rusty2009 Wrote: Looking good mate I see images are working this morning so deffo an issue Tapatalks side.

Cheers mate, yes it looks that way, pictures are back but I’m missing 10 posts just on Tapatalk.
Changed my front indicator bulbs for LED’s today
[Image: 0b72305f8cec948656e8f522368b6616.jpg]

(8:th-Jun-2018, 12:05:57)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(8:th-Jun-2018, 07:43:46)Rusty2009 Wrote: Looking good mate I see images are working this morning so deffo an issue Tapatalks side.

Cheers mate, yes it looks that way, pictures are back but I’m missing 10 posts just on Tapatalk.
Changed my front indicator bulbs for LED’s today
[Image: 0b72305f8cec948656e8f522368b6616.jpg]

LED’s have been taken out today as the 100% no error LED’s have thrown up an error!!!!
Sending back for a refund if they answer my email or I’ll be opening a case!!!

Just a little update, managed to find some brushed aluminium mirror covers off eBay, they aren’t 100% accurate fit but they do look nice
[Image: 917437f1bb2768066d7688fb48775685.jpg]
[Image: 23bf0341b1e27f1e34a36e0136cd3d62.jpg]
[Image: d7e70405d40b9b9d03e424f27c9a8448.jpg]
[Image: bdf6843086a5ed1a57ebaaf7e2bd9fb1.jpg]
I’ve also resprayed my spoiler in gloss black as the original colour wouldn’t buff up enough
[Image: 9a4995429250aa1175afcf5f973cd4b7.jpg]

I’ve added some red trim around my grille today to cover the small gap between the bumper and mesh
[Image: a60f3b1fb2c599126877a664805297ed.jpg]

Not sure on the mirror caps could be blinding to others when the sun hits?

Liking the red strip looking very good can I ask what you did with the temp sensor that's in the factory grill?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(4:th-Jul-2018, 18:01:20)Rusty2009 Wrote: Not sure on the mirror caps could be blinding to others when the sun hits?

Liking the red strip looking very good can I ask what you did with the temp sensor that's in the factory grill?

Never really thought about the glare but they don’t look any different finish that’s on an Audi S3 in my street
With the sensor I found a clip I cable tied it to with the sensor head popping through one of the squares. But tbh my display isn’t showing outside temperature, it says unavailable?

I've never seen it say unavailable (didn't think there was room on the radio screen)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(5:th-Jul-2018, 06:46:44)Rusty2009 Wrote: I've never seen it say unavailable (didn't think there was room on the radio screen)

No I mean on the display between the clocks, I’ve got an Android unit so that doesn’t tell you unless you go into the car settings so I added it to the menu via the Vaux-com but it comes up unavailable ☹️

And there was me thinking it was just a joke about the weather

(5:th-Jul-2018, 08:32:21)umognog Wrote: And there was me thinking it was just a joke about the weather

I've not found a signal car that's been able to display it on clocks its most likely a wire missing (I'll have to look).

PIN 11 & 12 on IPC are for outside temp so will have a look.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(6:th-Jul-2018, 07:42:45)Rusty2009 Wrote: I've not found a signal car that's been able to display it on clocks its most likely a wire missing (I'll have to look).

Cheers mate, I’ll take a picture later, think it’s menu 8?

(6:th-Jul-2018, 07:44:10)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(6:th-Jul-2018, 07:42:45)Rusty2009 Wrote: I've not found a signal car that's been able to display it on clocks its most likely a wire missing (I'll have to look).

This is what comes up Rusty
[Image: 80fd79fdd1a8d9dc46819fecba0aa21a.jpg]

Yeah that's definitely a reference to the weather....

Re-sprayed my front grille yesterday, had to remove the plastidip first then sprayed it gloss black
[Image: 71c048e7736fc90d265bf496bbedd2c8.jpg]

That red trim looks really good.

(8:th-Jul-2018, 14:36:56)umognog Wrote: That red trim looks really good.

Cheers mate I wanted a thicker one but couldn’t find any for love nor money!!!

(8:th-Jul-2018, 14:25:30)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:

That's the speed sign package need front camera for that.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(9:th-Jul-2018, 18:22:24)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(8:th-Jul-2018, 14:25:30)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:

That's the speed sign package need front camera for that.

Oh right there you go then. I thought there was a menu on Vaux com that said outside temperature

Just purchased a full set of leather seats for the GTC!!!!
Should be here by Tuesday to fit on Wednesday
[Image: 50056045445a40d2abbace194f2d313e.png]

Just to add to my previous post, once the leather seats have arrived and been fitted and they’re ok I’ll probably be selling my half leather seats. I might offer them up on here first before putting them on eBay in case there are any GTC sport owners that want to upgrade to half leather

So my leather seats arrived today and as usual I didn’t waste any time fitting them
Completely plug and play so didn’t have to add the wires for the electric lumber and I have the rear fuse in place so I hope when the switch panel arrives, the heated seats will work too
[Image: cb16035eddce9febb22a2d2cd2d639d6.jpg]
[Image: de014d7ca34dd347b6699233cce7befb.jpg]
[Image: 88447a3110f4df153440a0711e1d3d12.jpg]

Looking good mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(19:th-Jul-2018, 07:29:40)Rusty2009 Wrote: Looking good mate.

Cheers mate, how will I know if both seats are heated is there something I could check?

Both should be but the plug would be the easiest way to check.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(19:th-Jul-2018, 07:54:06)Rusty2009 Wrote: Both should be but the plug would be the easiest way to check.

Not that I need it in this weather I’ve also added a bit to the thread on changing the seats as on a GTC you can skip the part with the seatbelt pre-tensioners as they’re in the B pillars

they also only heat up if you are sat in them, so don't stand around waiting for them to warm up like I did lol
(19:th-Jul-2018, 08:37:28)vocky Wrote: they also only heat up if you are sat in them, so don't stand around waiting for them to warm up like I did lol

That sounds like something I’d do

Just got the heat gun going on the big dents and creases on the seats from being packed tightly. Also gave them a good cleaning and treated with Autoglym leather care balm. The back seats look like they’ve hardly been sat in
[Image: 10eb043cc501b3c98d6a708bd902eba9.jpg]
[Image: 3efa7256efb2ad2decb86a9683ffe528.jpg]

Nice mate.
(19:th-Jul-2018, 12:33:09)Steveb19111978 Wrote: Nice mate.

Thanks mate
My switch panel has just arrived so after fitting it my heated seats are now operational!!!!
[Image: 1b19e35d6c23d4632e8f5e5627992a83.jpg]

Nice one mate, looking sweet!

You've been busy Sparky. Good job on the seats.
Now you've got to wait for some colder weather Tongue
(30:th-Jul-2018, 10:31:30)rlievens Wrote: You've been busy Sparky. Good job on the seats.
Now you've got to wait for some colder weather Tongue

Cheers mate, it just needs a good clean now and to sort the DAB out. I was hoping to use the aerial in the rear quarter window but the amplifier doesn’t seem to work with it, don’t know if it needs power as the factory DAB module has been removed?
Saving for a remap next

Just a little update, I’ve changed some of my LED’s in the heater control to give it a different look instead of everything being red.
I’ve also changed them in the gearstick ambient light from red to white but I’m not sure they’re bright enough or will look right so I’ve ordered some in blue as well
[Image: ccf2e30de278e896c4474b7db095fc9b.jpg]
I’ll do a night shot later to see how they look

Looking good mate.

If you want nice bright white these are what I use
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50x-XENON-WHI...0402822610

Also I've now changed to these for Blue they much a nicer blue & brighter.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50x-BLUE-3528...0404150737
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(11:th-Aug-2018, 14:40:25)Rusty2009 Wrote: Looking good mate.

If you want nice bright white these are what I use
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50x-XENON-WHI...0402822610

Also I've now changed to these for Blue they much a nicer blue & brighter.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50x-BLUE-3528...0404150737

Cheers mate I’d ordered these for the gearstick ambient light
[Image: b8409e3cf47f14cc769161f25719e58f.png]
Can you use surface mount and solder them on their side?

I've gone to turning PLCC-2 on their side makes no difference & the your getting a match on the colour & brightness.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(11:th-Aug-2018, 14:53:56)Rusty2009 Wrote: I've gone to turning PLCC-2 on their side makes no difference & the your getting a match on the colour & brightness.

Ah cool I might give that a try

So here is a funny fact for you.

Many, many people go "oh, im OCD about that" but don't realise how badly OCD can affect someone's life.

It's not just "I like these things in that order" but whereby other parts of your life will be effected often to a significant degree.

For example, you are late for a funeral, because you noticed a towel had not been folded correctly and placed in the correct order on the towel shelf.

You can't just fix that one towel. All the towels must come off and be refolded, sorted and put back. But now that is done, you feel that your t-shirts in your t-shirt drawer are no longer crisply folded enough, so you empty that drawer, refold and sort all your shirts and put them back... Now you are doing all your drawers. 70 minutes later, you are back to where you were when you noticed the towel. Go back and check the towels have not been disturbed.

You probably get the picture. So I will get to the point.

I love the colours for the buttons.

But it is distracting me that the order of the colours for the blowers, is different from the order of the colours for the heated seats

(11:th-Aug-2018, 17:43:22)umognog Wrote: So here is a funny fact for you.

Many, many people go "oh, im OCD about that" but don't realise how badly OCD can affect someone's life.

It's not just "I like these things in that order" but whereby other parts of your life will be effected often to a significant degree.

For example, you are late for a funeral, because you noticed a towel had not been folded correctly and placed in the correct order on the towel shelf.

You can't just fix that one towel. All the towels must come off and be refolded, sorted and put back. But now that is done, you feel that your t-shirts in your t-shirt drawer are no longer crisply folded enough, so you empty that drawer, refold and sort all your shirts and put them back... Now you are doing all your drawers. 70 minutes later, you are back to where you were when you noticed the towel. Go back and check the towels have not been disturbed.

You probably get the picture. So I will get to the point.

I love the colours for the buttons.

But it is distracting me that the order of the colours for the blowers, is different from the order of the colours for the heated seats

Have you seen someone about this problem? ?
If you think about it, they’re actually a mirror image

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 39,158 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 175,774 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 91,138 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,464 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,223 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 41,453 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 13,571 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,517 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun
  Progress Thread Conor97 Conor97 28 12,837 9:th-Sep-2018, 19:37:44