This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

[-]
Tags
progress sparkyscfc74’s thread

Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread
I’ve changed my LED today in my unlock button to green. Nice and easy job, no problems and the old LED de-soldered very easy just need a night picture
[Image: 48d26b50f02903dd7dc44bffb5ece65e.jpg]
[Image: 575a54ad1f936458091f934c646e7f78.jpg]
I noticed that the door lock LED isn’t very bright so I might change that one too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Night picture
[Image: e568d4a921bd15eed607ab8bdf5f2f3e.jpg]

Looking good changing any more?
[Image: Rusty-2_zpsuzrvgsp6.GIF]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(14:th-Mar-2018, 10:03:59)Rusty2009 Wrote: Looking good changing any more?

Thanks mate I think the air con button blue and if it can be done change the fog light switches to match how they appear on the clocks, green for the front and yellow for the rear?

Cool I did the tell on the aircon green.

But yes you can on the fog lights that's how I did mine.

Xenon switch
[Image: hs.JPG]

Normal switch
[Image: 5.JPG]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(15:th-Mar-2018, 08:54:46)Rusty2009 Wrote: Cool I did the tell on the aircon green.

But yes you can on the fog lights that's how I did mine.

Xenon switch
[Image: hs.JPG]

Normal switch
[Image: 5.JPG]

Cool, that’s what I had in mind
Is there a how to for the fog light buttons at all and what type LED’s do I need?
I noticed for the air con button, it looks like it uses an 0805 for the illumination but looks like a plcc2 for the light in the switch, is this right?

I don't think a how-to has been done yet for headlight switch they are quite easy, un-clip the toggle switch (grey tabs) then un-clip the back (mind the springs don't fly out)

they use 0805 leds 9 iirc (depends what there as they all use different qty)

As for the Heater panel you are correct 0805's and the tell-tell's are PLCC-2 if you don't have dual climate control under the left knob (temp) is a PLCC-4 (White LED) which I never change as it lights up the Blue & Red.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(15:th-Mar-2018, 10:33:25)Rusty2009 Wrote: I don't think a how-to has been done yet for headlight switch they are quite easy, un-clip the toggle switch (grey tabs) then un-clip the back (mind the springs don't fly out)

they use 0805 leds 9 iirc (depends what there as they all use different qty)

As for the Heater panel you are correct 0805's and the tell-tell's are PLCC-2 if you don't have dual climate control under the left knob (temp) is a PLCC-4 (White LED) which I never change as it lights up the Blue & Red.

Ok thanks for that I think I’ll give it a go. I feel a bit more confident now I’ve done a couple

Had a fairly productive afternoon, I’ve changed the air con “on” colour to blue and when my 0805 LED’s arrive I’ll be changing the illumination to blue also
[Image: 793c2ced6e5aaf8ded035b4c17b8b764.jpg]
I also said in my previous post that after changing the door unlock button to green that the red side wasn’t as bright so I changed it today and it wouldn’t work!! After the 3rd led I tried the original one and that still worked so I was baffled. I then tried one of my blue ones which also worked so I decided to spin the red led to try and it worked!! Whoever made my red LED’s must have the polarity the wrong way round so anyway that’s now sorted
[Image: d213978f08c76c0b9b9973c0f16b14aa.jpg]
[Image: a7ddc94d0deb9ce57e494b33dcca6859.jpg]
Finally I’ve fitted a DPF regen light and put it in the top of the ipc
[Image: d7e8eedd277c9de1d27b23ac03b733f5.jpg]

I've just noticed that my cruise control is no longer working nor does the symbol light up on the clocks but the speed limiter still works fine.
Has anyone else had the same problem?
Looking good mate.

Wonder if the LED has failed for the C/C but it's a dual LED White/Green.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(17:th-Mar-2018, 09:27:26)Rusty2009 Wrote: Looking good mate.

Wonder if the LED has failed for the C/C but it's a dual LED White/Green.

Cheers mate, wouldn’t the cc still work if the led had gone?

I would have thought so but with all being computerised a break in the system could disabled the system.

Have you checked with op-com? I don't know if you can relearn the clutch/brake pedal with op-com.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I'm going to plug it in later, I have seen a re-learn clutch position but haven't clicked on it.
(17:th-Mar-2018, 13:26:15)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: I'm going to plug it in later, I have seen a re-learn clutch position but haven't clicked on it.

I’ve just plugged my op com in and tested the engine measuring blocks for the clutch and brake pedal, both read fine from 0% to 100%. The learn clutch position in the programming does nothing, there were no DTC’s present so I’m still baffled as to why the cruise control isn’t working?
One other thing though was after having my headlight switch out yesterday, since I’ve put it back in, the front fog light doesn’t light up on the clocks anymore but the fogs come on. I again looked for fault codes and it came up left cornering light open circuit?
Anyone got any ideas?

I’ve disconnected the battery for an hour to see if that does anything

(18:th-Mar-2018, 15:12:43)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(17:th-Mar-2018, 13:26:15)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: I'm going to plug it in later, I have seen a re-learn clutch position but haven't clicked on it.

I’ve just plugged my op com in and tested the engine measuring blocks for the clutch and brake pedal, both read fine from 0% to 100%. The learn clutch position in the programming does nothing, there were no DTC’s present so I’m still baffled as to why the cruise control isn’t working?
One other thing though was after having my headlight switch out yesterday, since I’ve put it back in, the front fog light doesn’t light up on the clocks anymore but the fogs come on. I again looked for fault codes and it came up left cornering light open circuit?
Anyone got any ideas?

Reconnected battery, made no difference whatsoever

(18:th-Mar-2018, 16:46:44)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:

Anyone got any ideas?

I give up!!! Now my number plate lights have stopped working, message on the dash!!!! They’re LED unit so again I’m completely baffled

(18:th-Mar-2018, 18:54:06)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(18:th-Mar-2018, 16:46:44)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:

Anyone got any ideas?

I give up!!! Now my number plate lights have stopped working, message on the dash!!!! They’re LED unit so again I’m completely baffled

Just plugged my op com back in to see about the number plate lights not working and got a page of faults which I cleared but 4 would not clear
[Image: 97241887c5cfb4f5a0cc3403f27748b5.jpg]
Checked the washer fuse that had blown the other day but it was fine I’m totally stuck ☹️

Strange. The C/C should be working then.

really strange your getting all the other errors now too.

The washer is a relay more than the fuse
https://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/as...dtc_b3873/

The number plate Lights I get an open error for reverse lamp (using LED bulb) but it still works. try unplugging & re-plugging them.
https://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/as...dtc_b3883/

Last one I can't find anything on but I've not got TIS open yet.

Could be worth having a good clean up of the earth points.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
It seems that the problems have occurred after having the battery disconnected, shall I try disconnecting it again for another 30 minutes?Cheers for your help mate Smile
Could be worth a try mate try it for 60+ minutes
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I've just tried the old standard bulbs in the number plates and they don't work either, so I've disconnected the battery again to see if anything changes Smile
(19:th-Mar-2018, 10:00:30)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: I've just tried the old standard bulbs in the number plates and they don't work either, so I've disconnected the battery again to see if anything changes Smile

Connected the battery back up, made no difference again. Same faults coming up on op com. While I’d got it plugged in I did some output tests on the ipc like the dial sweep, dimming and lights which made all the symbols light up on the clocks and the cruise control light and front fog light both lit up so that rules out the LED’s being dead! I’ve been trawling the internet trying to look for similar problems but have drawn a blank ☹️
Just one more thing is that the rear washer is still working.

Have you pulled any cables at all mate when pulling the switch out it's the only thing I can think of.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
I think I've got serious problems!! Not only do I have no cruise control but now I have no front washers, no number plate lights, no reverse light, no reverse sensors, no reverse camera and no o/s rear indicator!!!! Just spoken to my local garage and he thinks that the body control module might have packed up!! Major expense!!!
(19:th-Mar-2018, 13:39:41)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: I think I've got serious problems!! Not only do I have no cruise control but now I have no front washers, no number plate lights, no reverse light, no reverse sensors, no reverse camera and no o/s rear indicator!!!! Just spoken to my local garage and he thinks that the body control module might have packed up!! Major expense!!!

Try unplugging the plugs from the BCM and then replugging them in.

Failing that PM your reg and I can look into BCM part number and see what I can find for you.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(19:th-Mar-2018, 13:39:41)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: I think I've got serious problems!! Not only do I have no cruise control but now I have no front washers, no number plate lights, no reverse light, no reverse sensors, no reverse camera and no o/s rear indicator!!!! Just spoken to my local garage and he thinks that the body control module might have packed up!! Major expense!!!

The list of things not working is growing I’ve now got no ambient lights, headlight switch doesn’t light up nor do the electric window switches or door lock/unlock button, hazards and airbag light and both 12volt sockets are dead!!!
I’m going to have to go to a main dealer so god only knows how much it will cost!!!

Feeling for you here mate. Worst part is, you'll be guaranteed you'll get a moron at the dealer who will simply want to replace things until it goes away, without actually investigating the cause.

Fingers crossed for you

(19:th-Mar-2018, 21:56:40)umognog Wrote: Feeling for you here mate. Worst part is, you'll be guaranteed you'll get a moron at the dealer who will simply want to replace things until it goes away, without actually investigating the cause.

Fingers crossed for you

Cheers mate, I really hope not

Hope so too. There is someone everywhere that actually cares about the work they do. My colleague is one, so I must be the worthless git.

Hope you get that person if you take it in.

Could be worth checking all fuses mate also.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Fuses
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(20:th-Mar-2018, 08:35:43)Rusty2009 Wrote: Could be worth checking all fuses mate also.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Fuses

Right I checked the fuses and no19 had gone so I’ve now got back reverse light, camera and sensors, ambient lights, 12 volt sockets and the dash and switch lights.
So I’m back to no front washers or number plate lights.

Right that's a good start.

So just the 2 errors now. Washers could be the relay rather than fuse.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Look at fuse 40 in engine bay listed as 10amp on the washer diagram. the relay is non serviceable.

Fuse in engine bay 23 20A for number plate lights.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(20:th-Mar-2018, 12:16:55)Rusty2009 Wrote: Look at fuse 40 in engine bay listed as 10amp on the washer diagram. the relay is non serviceable.

Fuse in engine bay 23 20A for number plate lights.

Hi mate fuse 40 is fine, there is an empty space in 23 but my handbook says that it’s for headlight washers. Strangely enough my rear washer works fine.

Strange as that’s the only fuse shown on the number plate lights digram.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(20:th-Mar-2018, 15:17:01)Rusty2009 Wrote: Strange as that’s the only fuse shown on the number plate lights digram.

Just noticed I haven’t got my ambient lights back, are these on a fuse at all??

(20:th-Mar-2018, 21:33:00)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(20:th-Mar-2018, 15:17:01)Rusty2009 Wrote: Strange as that’s the only fuse shown on the number plate lights digram.

I’ll check in the morning for you

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(20:th-Mar-2018, 21:38:04)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(20:th-Mar-2018, 21:33:00)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:

I’ll check in the morning for you

Cheers mate

Glovebox fuse board Fuse 23 (20A)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(21:st-Mar-2018, 08:17:30)Rusty2009 Wrote: Glovebox fuse board Fuse 23 (20A)

Fuses all sorted and no DTC’s!!!!!
[Image: 1128d8d93b46cd8ef8be2d94e1e32e1e.jpg]
Can’t fault the guys on here
Big thanks to Rusty!!!

Super glad it’s all sorted.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Good for you! Now you can sleep again at night Tongue
I’ve had a bit of a breakthrough with my cruise control. On my way to work this morning I was playing around with the switches and pressed the cruise control button and the +set switch at the same time, the cruise control then engaged with the green light on the dash and worked as it should!!! I got no white light before so I’m wondering if the white part of the LED has gone if that’s even possible?

On mines I had two distinct different led, which is how I was able to change to blue + green using the smd's I had already bought.

(24:th-Mar-2018, 10:25:58)umognog Wrote: On mines I had two distinct different led, which is how I was able to change to blue + green using the smd's I had already bought.

What type LED’s are they?

Pretty sure it was just 0805's

(24:th-Mar-2018, 13:40:06)umognog Wrote: Pretty sure it was just 0805's

Cheers mate I’ve got some of them but they’re too small for me to work with until I’ve got a smaller tip for my soldering iron and a bloody big magnifying glass

Changed some of my tell-tell lights today on my heated panel , air con blue front screen green and direction buttons are now green
[Image: 48cfe1b8ddea449d9830b616beda5a3f.jpg]
[Image: 78f232705a5ecd44aec54c410e24957c.jpg]
Just got to do the eco one green when I get some more LED’s

Have the green on the airflow direction myself and even though I am biased, really love the green.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 39,155 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 175,769 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 91,134 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,463 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,223 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 41,451 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 13,571 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,517 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun
  Progress Thread Conor97 Conor97 28 12,836 9:th-Sep-2018, 19:37:44