Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
sheppy1 progress thread

Progress Thread: Sheppy1
Nice one mate! At least they're sorting it out for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep! Coming early next week too so result have asked them to ring me to tell me who's footing the bill ha

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Nice one mate!

GM logo costs more, they take the logo off and change it for the GM one. Look at a genuine GM screen and standard Pilkington and you'll believe me.

I have no reason to mislead you as I left the ***** job months ago lol
Oh I know that mate and I know Pilkington are the same as GM branded Pilkington... The last one they gave me wasn't Pilkington though... Was some other brand

Got myself a nice new Vodafone mobile data contract and mifi device as the other one I had on three was a bit flaky signal wise as it was with three... Didn't work out too expensive either as they split the data between my phone and the mifi device

Autiglass have got to be having a laugh! I rang them as I wondered where they were and they told me "oh sorry did no one ring you, we broke your glass yesterday and have had to ordered another one in for you" I was fuming! They even sent me a text this morning saying they were still coming!!

Wow I'd definitely not be paying them anything, I've heard people slate them but jeez they're crap!!

Useless or what! I worked from home today too to be in for them! Waste of bloody time! I don't have a choice as of I go elsewhere it's gonna be 300 for the same glass fitted

Haha yep!! Ah wow yeah rather expensive lol.

I think I'm almost out of mods to do now... Don't well over 40 now (not including small things) and my baby is damn near perfect!

Glad to hear you're getting there mate, I'm sure if you try really hard you'll find another mod you want to do haha!

Hahahaha I'm sure I could too! But I have everything I always wanted... Minus the chrome exhaust tip which I just need to fit

Ah cool, you got a time planned to fit it? Also do you have Powerfold mirrors?

Nahhh not really! I'll just it if I ever get chance lol. Nope... Wouldn't mind them but I dunno if they need programming or not?

They're plug and play just need to make loom up mate. Roughly £250 total for parts I think. Switch, wiring loom, mirrors and module if wanted. (I think lol).

That's pretty cheap tbh!! Hmmmm I'm gonna look into this

I think @sheppy1 earns too much Haha

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
(28:th-Apr-2016, 16:29:45)bhalay207 Wrote: I think @sheppy1 earns too much Haha

I second that hahaha

Not enough to cover my spending habits haha

Things that stand out for me on any car, or should I say the things that make me wish I bought that car are...

Interior

Leather interior
Sat Nav
DVD Headrests (built-in)
Steering wheel
Gearstick

Exterior

Alloys
Body kit
Suspension
Exhaust
Headlights
Taillights
Folding mirrors
Colour
I may or may not have parked next to this guy just to get this photo lol

I love Camaro's!!! Bumblebeeeeee haha! One attends the American car meet at Metrocentre exactly like that!

2 black cars, 2 yellow cars and one grey car, thats abit weird, not really into american cars, woulldnt mind a abarth 500 tho
(1:st-May-2016, 18:29:28)mrtc Wrote: 2 black cars, 2 yellow cars and one grey car, thats abit weird, not really into american cars, woulldnt mind a abarth 500 tho
Nothing stopping you especially as you don't have a car yet

ive got to have a sensible car, no pocket rockets for me, been there crashed it lol

i developed epilepsy after i had a serious car crash, i need as much metal around me as possible
(28:th-Apr-2016, 11:45:52)Tonto Wrote: They're plug and play just need to make loom up mate. Roughly £250 total for parts I think. Switch, wiring loom, mirrors and module if wanted. (I think lol).

This module you speak about is that one for close/open the mirrors with the key?

For this part, the only thing that I can't understand is the wiring loom, because I understand very little about electric wires :(
(2:nd-May-2016, 00:44:27)Doraemon02 Wrote:
(28:th-Apr-2016, 11:45:52)Tonto Wrote: They're plug and play just need to make loom up mate. Roughly £250 total for parts I think. Switch, wiring loom, mirrors and module if wanted. (I think lol).

This module you speak about is that one for close/open the mirrors with the key?

For this part, the only thing that I can't understand is the wiring loom, because I understand very little about electric wires :(

Hey, yes the module splices in to central locking system and opens/closes mirrors via key! The wiring I'm not to sure about but it's all in the how to.

Is it a Toyota right of the yellow child car? Seen from drivers position....

Your Astra looks best anyway.
Which car you mean mate? The other yellow one behind it on the road? And awwww appreciate that...However I don't think so haha

Soooo had my car checked out by VX today and among other things they report:

Front discs are 60% worn and pads are 70% worn - These are 12 months old and I've done about 15k miles since then...they are EBC, what do we reckon?

They said my front tyres are down to 6mm and rear down to 6.4mm when 3 of these tyres are 2 months old and one of them was replaced only a few weeks ago (yet they're claiming they are equally worn)

Wouldn't believe a word they say!

Yep! These are the ones who told me I needed new windscreen wipers when I had new Bosch ones fitted 2 days prior and then told me my brand new 2 weeks old tyres (second time now) were 3 mm worn... Eventually a manager rang me and apologized haha. I just can't tell with breaks though!

I'd just pop into a local garage and ask them to check. Yeah they sound as bad as my local EH Vauxhall... Never going back there, they messed up when doing a recall too. Knocked my tracking out and then blamed me lol! I went mad!

What the hell! Mine aren't great but never been that bad! As I've said to others though... They're the best in my area and haven't actually messed anything up yet... Just been wrong about a few things. I get work done elsewhere but don't trust anyone but vx to do my services

I've heard vx haven't changed air filters before on services do I wouldn't trust them too much!

Haha who can ya trust eh! The two local places I've used have messed up my tracking and dented and scuffed my alloys... Oh and lost my locking wheel nut. So don't trust them either!

People nowadays don't seem. To care about the job they're doing as long as they're getting paid! No passion, especially from franchised garages!

You're not wrong! Such a shame as cars are expensive and I want mine looked after... As do most people out there but it's impossible to find someone who cares!

Yeah they are haha! That's why I ended up doing service myself!

I may have just bought this

Very nice

Thanks mate! been wanting one since @nemo got his insignia one! Ha.

Shame it doesn't say OPC like my wheel but oh well!

Apparently the black part is interchangeable.. I've not seen this but have been told!

You mean the insert with the numbers etc. on? It's fine anyway...not fussed It's not come yet BTW...that's on the chaps car I bought it off...can't wait!!!

Yeah the insert, like I say not sure how true just something I was told! I want the one off an insignia!

Yeah there's a tutorial on here for it... Suppose I can bare it in mind eh

Hehe they're the same aren't they... Expect you have to retrofit the gator as it's a different shape?

Here is the insert

I've bought one myself too, I think it look's so much better than the normal one!

But mine is like this:

Very nice! Any idea if the one you have is the same as the VXR one? Minus the red accents on the numbers and the vxr badge?

I think so, it's the one that comes with VX line package!

Edit: Yes Sheppy, it definitely is!

I knew I've seen it somewhere and here it is:

(31:st-Jan-2016, 08:09:19)tucpal Wrote:

I also got one more thing done this weekend
i got my hands on an insignia VXline gear stick
it is exactly the same as the astra J VXR gear stick but without the VXR badge on it
this will also fit the astra J but you need to remove the chrome surround trim from the leather
and reattach the one from the astra J as the surround trim parts are a different shape.

Here are a few pictures of the difference as a few of you have been asking
the insignia VXline and VXR and the astra J VXR gear sticks are much more chunkier and thicker
and it has a slightly different shape than the standard astra J / insignia 6 speed gear stick
it also has chrome parts on the gear knob
and if you get the VXR one you get the VXR logo also.

Waheeeyyy! Nice one tracking that down! Glad you said that too as that insignia one does look good!

Is that from a tutorial on how to swap them? Be good to see pics on how's it's done

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 40,359 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 180,325 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 93,357 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,608 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,506 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 42,631 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread sparkyscfc74 485 560,657 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:24:38
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 13,909 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,613 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun
  Progress Thread Conor97 Conor97 28 13,576 9:th-Sep-2018, 19:37:44
Last Post: Conor97

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
iNeoTom (4:th-Mar-2024, 21:46:06)